BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,505
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 52 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For this summer 2017/2018 is no big deal - all players have now had High School experience

For last summer, bringing 2017s (kids who already played HS) into a 2018 (middle school experience only) bracket is very objectionable.

A year playing against HS speed/talent is a developmental advantage and creates an uneven playing field. The tournament director should not of allowed this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For this summer 2017/2018 is no big deal - all players have now had High School experience

For last summer, bringing 2017s (kids who already played HS) into a 2018 (middle school experience only) bracket is very objectionable.

A year playing against HS speed/talent is a developmental advantage and creates an uneven playing field. The tournament director should not of allowed this.

who cares, it was last year. Express won the division, so it really didn't matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]name one dopey

Let me enlighten you! TLI U-15 are ALL 2018's and All U-15 eligible so u can all stop chirping. The 3 2017's (who were age appropriate for u-15) are no longer on the team. You won't have to worry about playing those 2017's that were younger than half the kids that are 2018's. You people are priceless!

Why would 3 2017's want to go to showcases on a "2018" team? So you are saying what it says on Team LI website isn't true?
It's "priceless" to expect competition to play by same rules?

What is priceless is your ignorance and stupidity! Where on the site does it say that there are 2017's on the team? I will explain it one more time! The kids are ALL U-15 eligible (meaning that they were born after 8/31/99 AND they will ALL graduate in the class of 2018! it's very simple. Now please name these 2 fictitious 2017's.

FYI - your argument is completely wrong... straight from USLacrosse site.

NOTE: Age group references used in this section are in common usage but should not be understood literally. The U15 (read: “Under 15”) grouping means that, if a player is 14 years old on the cutoff date, he may participate in U15 competition as a 15-year old.

U15:

All players must be 14 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition. It is recommended that when multiple teams exist within a program, the program should consider physical size, skill, and maturity when organizing teams.

... according to the information you provided, the entire team in 15+ years old which makes them 2017.

I feel like I am arguing with Jim from taxi! Whaaaaat Doooooeeeessss a yelllllllloooooowwwww light meaaan?

"if a player is 14 years old on the cutoff date, he may participate in U15 competition as a 15-year old". They just needed to be 14 last August 31st!!!! They will all be 15 except for kids born after July 26th of 2000 (the tournament date).
You really are not sharp are you? Look at the teams who played last year. They were mostly 2017's!

you are wrong, most of the teams there last year were marked as 2017 but the teams were combination of the 2017/2018 players to meet the U15 categorization. You are ignorant, read the website, it states "Born on or after 9/1/1999 - U15." Which i read as being 15 after 8/31/1999 not before as you state [moron!].
jjjjjjjjjjiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Let me enlighten you! TLI U-15 are ALL 2018's and All U-15 eligible so u can all stop chirping. The 3 2017's (who were age appropriate for u-15) are no longer on the team. You won't have to worry about playing those 2017's that were younger than half the kids that are 2018's. You people are priceless!

Why would 3 2017's want to go to showcases on a "2018" team? So you are saying what it says on Team LI website isn't true?

What is priceless is your ignorance and stupidity! Where on the site does it say that there are 2017's on the team? I will explain it one more time! The kids are ALL U-15 eligible (meaning that they were born after 8/31/99 AND they will ALL graduate in the class of 2018! it's very simple. Now please name these 2 fictitious 2017's.

NOTE: Age group references used in this section are in common usage but should not be understood literally. The U15 (read: “Under 15”) grouping means that, if a player is 14 years old on the cutoff date, he may participate in U15 competition as a 15-year old.

U15:

All players must be 14 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition. It is recommended that when multiple teams exist within a program, the program should consider physical size, skill, and maturity when organizing teams.

... according to the information you provided, the entire team in 15+ years old which makes them 2017.

I feel like I am arguing with Jim from taxi! Whaaaaat Doooooeeeessss a yelllllllloooooowwwww light meaaan?

"if a player is 14 years old on the cutoff date, he may participate in U15 competition as a 15-year old". They just needed to be 14 last August 31st!!!! They will all be 15 except for kids born after July 26th of 2000 (the tournament date).
You really are not sharp are you? Look at the teams who played last year. They were mostly 2017's!

you are wrong, most of the teams there last year were marked as 2017 but the teams were combination of the 2017/2018 players to meet the U15 categorization. You are ignorant, read the website, it states "Born on or after 9/1/1999 - U15." Which i read as being 15 after 8/31/1999 not before as you state [moron!].

U15:

OK Iggy! If you are right then we should not be able to go to the U-15 this year, because all of our kids are too old? Right? Why don't you call US lax and ask if TLI U-15/2018 is playing and eligible? BTw some of the teams were 2018's last year because they have HOLD BACKS that REALLY should be 2017's. So they played last year. YOU just don't get it!!!! It is comical!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares, it was last year. Express won the division, so it really didn't matter.

Think the point here is credibility and history of bending the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what Iggy is saying , but I think more likely eligible for u 15 then 2018. There is a difference. A 2017 can be eligible for u 15 but is never eligible for 2018.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what Iggy is saying , but I think more likely eligible for u 15 then 2018. There is a difference. A 2017 can be eligible for u 15 but is never eligible for 2018.

No on said TLI U15 should not be allowed to go to the U15 Nationals, what is being stated is that the current group the poster keeps mentioning is ineligible according to what is stated in the USLacrosse website, also, since they will all have to confirm against the USLacrosse membership for eligibility, I believe that their U15 [NOT 2018] will be much different team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team is ALL 2018's. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No on said TLI U15 should not be allowed to go to the U15 Nationals, what is being stated is that the current group the poster keeps mentioning is ineligible according to what is stated in the USLacrosse website, also, since they will all have to confirm against the USLacrosse membership for eligibility, I believe that their U15 [NOT 2018] will be much different team.

The U-15 is the same team as the 2018 team. They are ALL 2018's this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the info on team LI website isn't accurate ? Teams are formed by grad year now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a team li parent but why would anyone care what grade a kid was in if he/she played on an age appropriate team?

What advantage does being in a higher grade give any player?

I can understand why people get so incensed about holdbacks because the additional year of growth is certainly an advantage.

But for the love of all things, please explain what advantage a young 8th grader has over a 7th grader if they were both born in the same summer? Just doesn't make any rational sense.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a team li parent but why would anyone care what grade a kid was in if he/she played on an age appropriate team?

I can understand why people get so incensed about holdbacks because the additional year of growth is certainly an advantage.

But for the love of all things, please explain what advantage a young 8th grader has over a 7th grader if they were both born in the same summer? Just doesn't make any rational sense.

Someone explained it well earlier. 8th graders playing against 9th graders is a real disadvantage. The one year of playing HS lacrosse is a big step up from Jr HS. The other argument is , why would a HS player want to play down? That makes less sense. Especially at a showcase

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone explained it well earlier. 8th graders playing against 9th graders is a real disadvantage. The one year of playing HS lacrosse is a big step up from Jr HS. The other argument is , why would a HS player want to play down? That makes less sense. Especially at a showcase

If your pissed at holdbacks now, wait till next year. Take look at the age legit kids that just finished 9th grade in your town and travel team. Do you see any age legit 6'2" -6'4" middies? Do you see any defenseman the same size but 215 lbs of solid mass? If you do they are not physically mature. However, here you will see this... You will also see kids who have reclassed two times and have just completed the 9th grade for the THIRD time. You will also see early commits look like just another "GOOD" player. Buckle in, it is absolute insanity...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please, that makes no sense at all. Age appropriate players should play together when it comes to summer ball. Most 9th graders play JV and not varsity. Even the 10 or 15 freshman that played varsity, did very little.

I suspect the two or three kids that TLI had were not on the list of freshman studs that went to the varsity program.

Anyone playing on an age appropriate team is not playing down.

Can't wait to see you guys start complaining when the holdbacks start competing against your sons...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please, that makes no sense at all. Age appropriate players should play together when it comes to summer ball. Most 9th graders play JV and not varsity. Even the 10 or 15 freshman that played varsity, did very little.

I suspect the two or three kids that TLI had were not on the list of freshman studs that went to the varsity program.

Can't wait to see you guys start complaining when the holdbacks start competing against your sons...

There are rules for a reason and this is only organization that decides to play by their own on LI. If you need the "blessing" of the tournament , obviously you are aware you are not following the rules , or you wouldn't ask. You can justify all you want but NO 2017 should play in a 2018 bracket. Why is this hard to follow ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stupid TLI for the most part always played up. we were always a "u" based team. for recruiting purposes this year we went to graduating year. let it go already!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No player who is not age appropriate for 2018 should play as a 2018. When you held him back, you did not make him younger. Why is this so hard to understand?

There are rules for a reason and this is only organization that decides to play by their own on LI. If you need the "blessing" of the tournament , obviously you are aware you are not following the rules , or you wouldn't ask. You can justify all you want but NO 2017 should play in a 2018 bracket. Why is this hard to follow ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No player who is not age appropriate for 2018 should play as a 2018. When you held him back, you did not make him younger. Why is this so hard to understand?

Holdbacks are cheating too. Just like playing in wrong bracket , even if you disagree with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2018 team looking for an LSM to play this weekend? Schedule is open. Local would be preferred but could travel depending on where the event is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdbacks are cheating too. Just like playing in wrong bracket , even if you disagree with.

Each parent will have to send proof of age to USLacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the simple answer is play age up until U15 and then let go by grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the simple answer is play age up until U15 and then let go by grade.

No, i don't think you understand the comment, USLacrosse sent out an "Atheletic Age Verification" form that is being verified by tne NCSI (National Center for Safety Initiatives). They confirm the age appropriateness of the players attending the U15 National Championships with either birth certificate, passport or some other legal form that they have the parent upload.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they verify that the document matches the player at tournament ?

The answer is No! Unless someone sees a kid who is too old and tells someone they aren't checking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No player who is not age appropriate for 2018 should play as a 2018. When you held him back, you did not make him younger. Why is this so hard to understand

This statement is delusional. At camp this week, a significant portion of the players were born in 1998. None of the D1 coaches (and they were all there) seemed to care that these boys were born before Sept 1st, 1999

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No player who is not age appropriate for 2018 should play as a 2018. When you held him back, you did not make him younger. Why is this so hard to understand

This statement is delusional. At camp this week, a significant portion of the players were born in 1998. None of the D1 coaches (and they were all there) seemed to care that these boys were born before Sept 1st, 1999

Because coaches don't care it's OK to break the rules and have 16 and 17 year olds play against 14 year olds?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches don't care now, or may not even know but they will in 3 or 4 years when the physical piece evens out and that 1998 kid does look so good against that 2000 kid when they are both full grown!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The answer is No! Unless someone sees a kid who is too old and tells someone they aren't checking.

WOW, you really think that someone is going to register and send some other player in their place! Your really a conspiracy theorist !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because coaches don't care it's OK to break the rules and have 16 and 17 year olds play against 14 year olds?

These money grab tournaments only exist so that coaches can evaluate so yes it is okay. If you don't like it stick to recreational lacrosse. I agree that it sucks but unfortunately this is absolutely the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These money grab tournaments only exist so that coaches can evaluate so yes it is okay. If you don't like it stick to recreational lacrosse. I agree that it sucks but unfortunately this is absolutely the case.

That's s stupid answer. If you don't want to cheat you should stick to recreational lacrosse ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's s stupid answer. If you don't want to cheat you should stick to recreational lacrosse ??

Nope, what I meant was that if you don't want to play against cheaters play rec. lacrosse. My 2018 is born in 2000 and plays against older boys all the time. I hate it as much as you, but do not think BOTC is the place to change it. From what I have seen, the coaching ranks don't really care. They are the group that matters. They encourage it, if not by reclass today than by PG or red-shirt later. NCAA lacrosse is for 20-24 year olds, not 18-22 year olds. The coaches recruiting from this grad year simply care about which 12 new players are joining their team for spring of 2019. It is easiest to evaluate when the recruits are playing on the same field (even if the field isn't level)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, what I meant was that if you don't want to play against cheaters play rec. lacrosse. My 2018 is born in 2000 and plays against older boys all the time. I hate it as much as you, but do not think BOTC is the place to change it. From what I have seen, the coaching ranks don't really care. They are the group that matters. They encourage it, if not by reclass today than by PG or red-shirt later. NCAA lacrosse is for 20-24 year olds, not 18-22 year olds. The coaches recruiting from this grad year simply care about which 12 new players are joining their team for spring of 2019. It is easiest to evaluate when the recruits are playing on the same field (even if the field isn't level)

great answer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to Team Long Island for winning. beat a very good dukes team in the semis and a great sweet lax team in the finals. great wins for this team!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that win was at the liberty bell challenge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to Team Long Island for winning. beat a very good dukes team in the semis and a great sweet lax team in the finals. great wins for this team!!!

Xtreme wins NXT too! Nice weekend for LI lax in the 2018 group! 2 great wins!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Legacy LI do at the Liberty Tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen Express Terps? Did that team dismantle?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps 2018 was the name of the team last year, this year the top Express 2018 team is named Team 1, they are very much together and will be playing this weekend in Baltimore and next weekend in Virginia and ending the season in Lake Placid, everyone with the Express 2018 team 1 would like to think you for your concern

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think they won a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they dismantled and was reborn as the "Long Island Express Team 1."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think they won a game.

They were 1-4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't have to worry, TLI is not on the list for U15 nationals.

Page 49 of 52 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard