BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,863
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 128 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'd like to the crabs field teams without holdbacks and see how great they are...

Results would be dramatically different

I am not sure that they would be and I say that as a parent of a son on a team that regularly plays the Crabs. The sad thing is, we will never know. My son's club team is truly a not for profit entity. We do not have a for profit side that puts on tournaments. We simply field the most competitive teams possible in each grad year. The difference between my son's club and the Crabs is the Crabs is a business. If the Crabs don't do what they are doing with regard to reclassifying, and playing kids down like they did at Beach Lax (shame on you Aloha), and they start to lose, the business suffers. It is as simple as that. Sadly, I am seeing boys that I know and that my son knows lose their spots on the 7th, 8th and 9th grade Crab's teams because older boys are reclassifying and now playing down and taking their spots. In almost every case, a Crab's team comprised of on age kids would be very, very competitive. Due to the fact that they can't afford to lose, we likely won't ever see those teams on the field.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the 2022 crabs team no reclassifying 0-3 at the Beach this past weekend.
Finished 5 in npyll. It be interesting to watch this team as they get old and pickup kids that reclass year after year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, I heard this rumor that Crabs were using kids that intentionally failed a grade just so they could be better at lacrosse against younger kids. Let's discuss it here on this forum for two years and see if anything changes.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holding back kids, now known as 're-classifying', is just a fact of life and has been around for quite a while at all levels of schooling. Even in college, kids can play MCLA to delay their 4 year clock from starting or go to a prep school before college. Some kids do pre-1st and then hold-back in middle school just before high school resulting in some being old enough to drive to themselves to school in their freshman year of high school. Interestingly, my son attended a 3d camp this past winter and a big recommendation from their recruiting seminar was to 're-classify'. If you have the means, your son doesn't mind prolonging his academic life and D1 lacrosse is that "important", you'll probably be doing the same.

However, talent and age are two different factors and a more talented kid will always overcome one who is a year or 2 older. This is also evidenced by younger kids (or kids who are age appropriate for a higher grade) playing up on older teams for better competition.

But make note holding kids back is a practice that is here to stay as 'tilting the field to your advantage' is not exclusive to lacrosse but life in general because you'll always be competing with someone for something like a job, promotion, sale, etc.. And more than likely, one will have certain advantages over the other that will be cashed-in, thus doing whatever necessary to close the deal.

While all that may be true. We are talking youth athletics..Not High School or College. Very few youth players go on to play in HS let along College. Why is all of youth lacrosse bowing down to this reclassify/holdback mentality. Isnt youth athletics better than that??? Youth athletics under 15 should be age base. Pretty simple concept.School is were you get the advantage if any as it has been in past. Lacrosse is at a low moral point due to this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. The talent at younger levels is spread out over many clubs. As they get older, the better ones come to the Crabs. Some many reclasify, some do not. Like them or hate them, but the Crabs get more talented as the team moves up. Kids get replaced by better kids. You guys have young kids and don't have the perspective. I've been watching the Crabs for years and the roster they have when they are U13 is nothing like what the roster will be in two years. Maybe 1/3 of that team will remain.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs, across the board, is the best club lacrosse program in the world. Sorry.

Depends on your criteria. If we are talking about a team who manipulates the system and is proud of it, then yes they are the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This obsession with the Crabs is weird. There are reclassified kids on many clubs. Madlax, for example, probably has more reclassed kids than the Crabs. FCA, Breakers and other clubs have reclassed kids as well.

You're just upset because they beat you. They are no different than any other club out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody can deny the crabs had close to 10 kids on their 2019 roster this spring that were a year older than normal 2019 players. Take them off the team and they are a very average team. Most of the players aren't great lacrosse players but the physical maturity is such an advantage. Crabs will say "it's only a few" but imagine your team playing down 4 middies, 2 attack and 2 defense... Night and day from a physical maturity stadpoint. High school it catches up and is also expected but between 6-9th grade it is just ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody has more holdbacks(don't call them reclassified) than the crabs. Look at their nylplle roster for 2019 and 2020 and look at the ages...ridiculous. If these kids are so talented why do they hold back?? Go down to 2021 and they are average but have 4 kids a year older that are the entire team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. The talent at younger levels is spread out over many clubs. As they get older, the better ones come to the Crabs. Some many reclasify, some do not. Like them or hate them, but the Crabs get more talented as the team moves up. Kids get replaced by better kids. You guys have young kids and don't have the perspective. I've been watching the Crabs for years and the roster they have when they are U13 is nothing like what the roster will be in two years. Maybe 1/3 of that team will remain.

And this will be their downfall. Why start with a club in 3rd or 4th grade knowing they will game the system as you age and ultimately replace you with an older player? Something that is entirely beyond your control. I hope it is not for all of the drifit "Crabs Nation" shirts that I see in Baltimore (what a joke). The increased reclassifying is a desperate effort to save a program that is in decline.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This obsession with the Crabs is weird. There are reclassified kids on many clubs. Madlax, for example, probably has more reclassed kids than the Crabs. FCA, Breakers and other clubs have reclassed kids as well.

You're just upset because they beat you. They are no different than any other club out there.

Having to compete against an opponent that cheats, time and time again, causes resentment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son plays on a 2019 club team in Baltimore. His team has no reclassified players and I define that as a boy repeating 8th grade for lacrosse, not a boy with a summer birthday that starts kindergarten late. He is not aware of a single player on the 2019 Breakers team that has reclassified and the 2019 FCA teams have a maximum of 1 player that has reclassified. You want to compare that to the Crabs program? The 2019 team has 7 boys that repeated 8th grade this year alone. The 2020 team is already playing with 2019 players. The Crabs are in a class by themselves when it comes to holding back players. Losing to cheaters is upsetting. It is classless and the Crabs program should be ashamed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ocean City was flat out ridiculous to see all the 2019 players play 2020 and chest bump and dance after each goal. I would never allow my sons to play down and I don't understand how the coaches on 2020 allow that to happen. For gods sake they had 8 coaches on the sideline, at no point one of them didn't say this isn't right? At no point the parents of the 2020 team (who a good amount of kids that should be 2019 anyway) didn't say why are these 2019 kids playing the entire game?
I talked to a crabs parent on Sunday and said it is not right and his response was he didn't know. Seriously?? You play a year with your team and you have to know some of the kids on the team above and below you and you watch two games with kids way bigger that you haven't seen on your team all year dominate the games and you don't even wonder who they are?? Bury your heads in the sand and act like you don't know... Sad to teach kids that this is acceptable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs are the king of holdbacks. The encourage and promote it. They get the well deserved disdain they should. They had very good teams prior to holdbacks. They deserved the accolades they got with aged based teams, now the have a tainted club with all these holdbacks/reclassify players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Start a petition then, and send it to US lacrosse. Take the petition to tournaments and get parents to sign. You'll get thousands of signatures, I'm sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard via a holdback crabs parent that there were 6 kids brought down and played on the team at beach lax. The reason the breakers vs crabs was so close was because the crabs played the non holdbacks (regular kids),because they knew all the holdbacks would be playig vs 91. They were losing so many of the holdbacks had to come in and "rescue" the team and win.Many of the regular crabs parents were pissed because their child who played all during the year didnt play much in this tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard via a holdback crabs parent that there were 6 kids brought down and played on the team at beach lax. The reason the breakers vs crabs was so close was because the crabs played the non holdbacks (regular kids),because they knew all the holdbacks would be playig vs 91. They were losing so many of the holdbacks had to come in and "rescue" the team and win.Many of the regular crabs parents were pissed because their child who played all during the year didnt play much in this tournament.

Those "regular crabs" parents will be even more pissed when their kids don't have a spot next year or are offered a spot on the 2021 team after certain academic arrangements are made.

Hello...team 91 Maryland, when are those tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
check out the crabs Instagram - doh!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those "regular crabs" parents will be even more pissed when their kids don't have a spot next year or are offered a spot on the 2021 team after certain academic arrangements are made.

Yes, this is about a business. Crabs owner needs to show that his team is dominant and not another, especially 91- as business could be changing with 91 coming. As for the kids- just look at the picture on their web site- the obvious age appropriate kids are front row, about 2 feet shorter than the back row and a bunch of them don't even look like they wore a helmet that day. They are all straight faced. Why would you smile when your coach barely played you. That is the sad part- the kids that belonged to the team for the whole year. The ones that were at the try outs and made the team to play this summer. These are the kids that now feel the wrath of the system of playing down. The writing is on the wall, they either play with younger kids themselves or go to another club. I could care less if these teams win or lose, it's just sad for the kids to lose their spots that they earned and sad for the other teams to lose that dont bring on kids to play down. Might not be breaking any rules, but it sure is pathetic. If you can't stand out, play down and make money for a grown up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that is true, is pretty much closes the book on the Crabs owner. Not sure why it would be a walk of shame to leave the field having competed well against strong competition, especially when we are talking about youth lacrosse at the middle school level. Those six kids just learned that the important things to the Crabs not include sportsmanship, showing up to all practices and contributing to a team. I was an assistant coach in another D1 sport at an ACC school while getting a graduate degree. I feel blessed that I can communicate to my sons this truth: the easiest mark first day of practice at any high level college sport program is the lamb. The lamb is a nice kid, but without enablers just can't do anything on his own and doesn't get "it"...."it" is mental restraint to stay focused when unsettled. I can promise those six kids and families this much: weather this storm quietly and with dignity and after this season find another club program that has a philosophy to put these kids in a position to succeed and to fail and learn from each and have resolve and restraint through it. At any college program the coaches cannot just call time out or halt practice to right the ship when the needy kids struggle. The lambs join a fraternity or transfer in pretty short order. That you can always count on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, this is about a business. Crabs owner needs to show that his team is dominant and not another, especially 91- as business could be changing with 91 coming. As for the kids- just look at the picture on their web site- the obvious age appropriate kids are front row, about 2 feet shorter than the back row and a bunch of them don't even look like they wore a helmet that day. They are all straight faced. Why would you smile when your coach barely played you. That is the sad part- the kids that belonged to the team for the whole year. The ones that were at the try outs and made the team to play this summer. These are the kids that now feel the wrath of the system of playing down. The writing is on the wall, they either play with younger kids themselves or go to another club. I could care less if these teams win or lose, it's just sad for the kids to lose their spots that they earned and sad for the other teams to lose that dont bring on kids to play down. Might not be breaking any rules, but it sure is pathetic. If you can't stand out, play down and make money for a grown up.

Like the other poster...If this is true what shameful behavior from the Crabs organization. Frankly any org that acted like this should be called out for what they are.... Disgraceful Cheaters..... This is a team of supposedly 7th grade children. 7th GRADE !! Wow..Wonder what Ryan says to the parents that complained if they had the guts to??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 team is full of holdbacks. It's a complete joke. How do we get a hold of their roster that shows the birth dates of their players? I assume it has to be provided when they register for a tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one checks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Envy is thin because it bites but never eats.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsflash....If somehow holdbacks could be eliminated from all youth lacrosse teams Crabs would still be the premier team and continue to dominate at 7th and 8th grade....sorry you still won't beat them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's see if that is true. Prove it.

Let's check birth certificates every game or have maryland Walking Ids required for all players. Only a 15 dollar investment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsflash....If somehow holdbacks could be eliminated from all youth lacrosse teams Crabs would still be the premier team and continue to dominate at 7th and 8th grade....sorry you still won't beat them

Same poster from earlier noting I used to coach at an ACC program in another sport. You've missed the boat. I couldn't care less if your Crabs teams win tournaments or not. Easy to look exceptional being a 15 year old 8th grader. Why the voracious appetite to field teams that way? Why the defensive nature and attack mode responses? If Crabs can win 8th grade tournaments fielding 14 year old 7th graders playing up and not holding dearly to being a holdback kid sometimes two years older than the competition, then just do it. Nothing restrains a 7th grader from playing up to an 8th grade team. My son did it this spring and he is 13 years old playing on a rising 9th grader team this summer. For once I'd love to see all the tough guy Baltimore Crabs or Canadian Edge programs field a team playing up one year. If you write that you can, why not do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
newsflash - crabs are cheats and barely beat the Hawks, Breakers and T91 with a slew of holdbacks. I seriously doubt they can compete without full grown adults on those teams. Why would I envy an organization that is owned by a fat man who takes advantage of children?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
newsflash - crabs are cheats and barely beat the Hawks, Breakers and T91 with a slew of holdbacks. I seriously doubt they can compete without full grown adults on those teams. Why would I envy an organization that is owned by a fat man who takes advantage of children?

Quit whining. Go to another forum to complain about the rules and how to enforce them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 91 beats Crabs at Adrenaline. That has to feel good after Crabs played 2019 players on their 2020 team and beat 91 last weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quit whining. Go to another forum to complain about the rules and how to enforce them.

Truth hurts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What would u like to discuss?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whining, really? A club and specifically last week the 2020 team manipulates the system, takes advantage of kids that do not know any better in order to win games and that is whining? Have a bit of dignity and do the right thing as a Club and parents. Crabs has created this issue for themselves by bringing down kids to play on teams and stating they see nothing wrong with the practice. They bump kids on the existing team to the curb just for the sake of a win. Crabs has done the sport a huge disservice as well as, the boys on their teams - which message do you tell them "You are not good enough for your own age group" or "don't worry about it being unsportsmanlike - it will pay off for you in the end" . Other teams that do not buy into that nonsense are close on your heels with correct age kids and their dignity intact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What would u like to discuss?

I know...let's discuss the Crabs manipulating the system to take a Championship from the team that deserved it or even better, let's discuss how many of the 2020 kids that played at Beach Lax actually qualify for Denver? Will be interesting to watch the whole thing unfold on television.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 91 beats Crabs at Adrenaline. That has to feel good after Crabs played 2019 players on their 2020 team and beat 91 last weekend.

Guess the 2018's had already reclassed one time too many kids and the 2019s were left with a hole after reclassing kids last weekend to 2020.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Lots of people here completely envious of the Crabs. Many clubs allows kids who've reclassified, but only the Crabs get the venom. It guess it comes from being at the top of the mountain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out the results at the Adrenaline Platinum Cup that Crabs Mountain is starting to look like a little hill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Lots of people here completely envious of the Crabs. Many clubs allows kids who've reclassified, but only the Crabs get the venom. It guess it comes from being at the top of the mountain.

Ummm....no. 1-2 hold backs on a team, whatever. Bringing in 4-5 kids who just finished 8th grade (for the first time), adding them to your current pool of holdbacks, and squeaking out a win over some 7th grade teams, nothing to envy there.

Denver can't come soon enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No envy. Most people have disgust for the way the Crabs have dealt with the whole holdback issue at youth level. If you dont see the harm overall to youth athletics you have your head in sand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karma is a [lacrosse] and at some point the Crabs organizations approach is going to backfire.

Like Reply Quote
Page 38 of 128 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard