Originally Posted by Anonymous
Newsflash....If somehow holdbacks could be eliminated from all youth lacrosse teams Crabs would still be the premier team and continue to dominate at 7th and 8th grade....sorry you still won't beat them

Same poster from earlier noting I used to coach at an ACC program in another sport. You've missed the boat. I couldn't care less if your Crabs teams win tournaments or not. Easy to look exceptional being a 15 year old 8th grader. Why the voracious appetite to field teams that way? Why the defensive nature and attack mode responses? If Crabs can win 8th grade tournaments fielding 14 year old 7th graders playing up and not holding dearly to being a holdback kid sometimes two years older than the competition, then just do it. Nothing restrains a 7th grader from playing up to an 8th grade team. My son did it this spring and he is 13 years old playing on a rising 9th grader team this summer. For once I'd love to see all the tough guy Baltimore Crabs or Canadian Edge programs field a team playing up one year. If you write that you can, why not do?