BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,456
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 79 of 83 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are all the Nassau fans today . so much for the , state title goes thru Set, the only good complete teams are Set and GC, those suffolk teams play weak schedules so will not be as prepared as our power conference teams, blah blah. After watching the schoolgirls tournaments the last several years and the the LIC games this year it's obvious who has the best players , true all star team on LI there would be 1-4 starters from Nassau .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder why they were swinging their sticks in the last 30 seconds..could it be they were down a goal and in desperation they were trying to get the ball back? Seriously that is a stupid comment...great job ESM you played great and deserved the win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Esm v wantagh was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. The end of the first half wantagh has possession, esm goalie makes a great save with 8 seconds left then two "officials" add 8 more seconds when esm has possession? Please explain why you waited until then, especially when it was clear who you were rooting for. Changed the momentum of the game. End of the game wantagh girl is pushed in the back out of bounds and the ref awards the ball to esm. Watch the replay it is clear a foul. Icongrats to esm they were the better team last night. Wantagh will be back big next year, lots of jr and sophs. To be continued....

Wantagh girls swinging sticks in the last 30 seconds of the game. No calls made, just bad sportsmanship.

I hope the coaches and refs upstate are on top of #4 from Mt Sinai.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The questionable call at the end of the half was interesting. It seems the Wantagh goalie made a save and there was a crease violation on ESM but they did not stop the clock. Wantagh rushed downfield and took a shot with 8 seconds left. Giacolone made a great save and was interfered with in the crease. They stop the clock and had a conference. They added 8 seconds to the clock. How can this be done? The time should have been added before Wantagh started the possession. Wantagh rushes to take a shot but time is added way after the fact. Did anyone else see it this way? This is not to take anything away from ESM they were outstanding, congratulations on a big win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Esm v wantagh was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. The end of the first half wantagh has possession, esm goalie makes a great save with 8 seconds left then two "officials" add 8 more seconds when esm has possession? Please explain why you waited until then, especially when it was clear who you were rooting for. Changed the momentum of the game. End of the game wantagh girl is pushed in the back out of bounds and the ref awards the ball to esm. Watch the replay it is clear a foul. Icongrats to esm they were the better team last night. Wantagh will be back big next year, lots of jr and sophs. To be continued....

Wantagh Parent: congrats to ESM they played a hard and fought for the Win. A lot of bad calls going both ways it's a shame when a Official not the players help decide the game. Good Luck in the States

Watched all three games lots of bad calls or no calls in all three games. Sitting in front of the computer you see many things you do t generally see on sidelines...head shots, loose strings getting tightened, pushing, the refs can't be everywhere but they should be paying a little more attention those refs are supposed to be the top ones. Congrats to all who played yesterday for making it that far and good luck in states to those who won!!

How many refs on the field 2 or 3?
I know US lacrosse recommends three, but we normally play with two on LI due to cost

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I posted last year how the Yellow Jacket Class of 2013 did in terms of playing time with their respective college teams. Now that 2015 has passed by the class is now two years into their college careers. the following is my non-scientific findings. Remember this is not a test of quality but how each girl has impacted the playing time for their restive teams. This covers D1, D2 and D3.

I have four categories: Impact (played in almost all games), Played (played in a significant number of games), Not Significant (played in a handful of games) and Did Not Play (had no statistics for team they committed to; I also checked to see if playing for a different school).

A refresher of last years numbers:

Impact: 30 or 45%
Played: 7 or 11%
Not Significant: 24 or 36%
Did Not Play: 5 or 8%

2015 Numbers

Impact: 37 or 56%
Played: 8 or 12%
Not Significant: 8 or 12%
Did Not Play: 13 or 20%

33 players stayed at the same level, 14 saw less playing time, 19 saw more.

These are very good numbers. The average drop rate for D1 is 55% (players who do not stay on the roster for four years). Still, there was a significant number of girls who no longer play (or may red shirt if they changed schools). Check the thread out in a year to see how the class is doing!

(I'm going to post this on other threads as well)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder why they were swinging their sticks in the last 30 seconds..could it be they were down a goal and in desperation they were trying to get the ball back? Seriously that is a stupid comment...great job ESM you played great and deserved the win

Desperation is an excuse for dangerous behavior?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
I posted last year how the Yellow Jacket Class of 2013 did in terms of playing time with their respective college teams. Now that 2015 has passed by the class is now two years into their college careers. the following is my non-scientific findings. Remember this is not a test of quality but how each girl has impacted the playing time for their restive teams. This covers D1, D2 and D3.

I have four categories: Impact (played in almost all games), Played (played in a significant number of games), Not Significant (played in a handful of games) and Did Not Play (had no statistics for team they committed to; I also checked to see if playing for a different school).

2015 Numbers

These are very good numbers. The average drop rate for D1 is 55% (players who do not stay on the roster for four years). Still, there was a significant number of girls who no longer play (or may red shirt if they changed schools). Check the thread out in a year to see how the class is doing!

that's great for other parents to see what actually goes on...what are the stats for the class of 2014 I wonder!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who does Mt Sinai play first round of states??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious....who submits names for Top 150 girls lax players on LI because they definitely got it wrong at our HS! Just in case your wondering- Suffolk Division 1 school

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2015 Numbers

Thank you Bald Bear! The 55% number for D1 players not staying on roster ... Where does that statistic come from? Thanks this is very interesting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious....who submits names for Top 150 girls lax players on LI because they definitely got it wrong at our HS! Just in case your wondering- Suffolk Division 1 school

Most of list is right, some of the fringe is off meaningless stat building on bad teams and your summer affiliation because if you play for the ABC club team you must be good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai plays @ 9:30 against Skaneatele who is the defending state champs

West Islip plays @ 12:00 against West Genesse who is the defending state champs

ESM plays @ 2:30 against Watertown Manhasset won it last year.

Good luck to all lets get it done!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of list is right, some of the fringe is off meaningless stat building on bad teams and your summer affiliation because if you play for the ABC club team you must be good.

I absolutely agree most of the list is correct. I was just wondering if it was submitted by your HS coaches because the girls chosen from daughters HS should not have been on list over other girls

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I absolutely agree most of the list is correct. I was just wondering if it was submitted by your HS coaches because the girls chosen from daughters HS should not have been on list over other girls

Our HS coach mentioned that he was contacted by Newsday and he provided names.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Thank you. That is what I thought. Disappointed the coach can not be truthful about her seniors level of play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why some on the list don't belong. Can you hear your HS coach saying, sorry newsday we don't have a top 150 player, but thanks for calling

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A clean sweep for Suffolk? When handicapping I would not have picked it that way. Surprising. Congrats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe that Nassau Super League which I like takes a toll on all the teams competing in it? Every game is difficult does it prepare you better or do you get beat up physically over the course of the season? How do you get your subs playing time when every game is tough ? It seemed like the Class A Nassau teams took the biggest beating and it showed in the LIC. Any thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe that Nassau Super League which I like takes a toll on all the teams competing in it? Every game is difficult does it prepare you better or do you get beat up physically over the course of the season? How do you get your subs playing time when every game is tough ? It seemed like the Class A Nassau teams took the biggest beating and it showed in the LIC. Any thoughts?

But the alternative is play in B and win all your league games by 10 playing a deeper bench, lose all your non conference games and then get bounced in the playoffs 1st round

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But the alternative is play in B and win all your league games by 10 playing a deeper bench, lose all your non conference games and then get bounced in the playoffs 1st round

No Shame in losing an L.I.C., after four years of Varsity lax my daughters H.S. team has never done better than 6 wins, with not a sniff of a playoff game.. i'm jealous of all the losers smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn't it make sense for all the teams (Boys, girls, nassau, suffolk) to be grouped in divisions, by their ability, as opposed to enrollment numbers? Just like they do with travel soccer? I never understood why you'd set it up based on the size of the school. Should teams like Mt. Sinai and ESM be playing W.I. and W.M.?

Also, then when they play the other county, they're matched up better, right? Am I missing something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rest of the state would have to follow that format for it to work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rest of the state would have to follow that format for it to work.

Would make sense though right? So right now, Nassau sets up their divisions by ability, and then when they play Suffolk, for the LI champs, they set the matchups based strictly on enrollment?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won A and B?
west Islip and ESM

WI - no 7th graders, no 8th graders & no 9th graders - that's how you build a program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Super League? Nassau really needs a dose of reality. Suffolk division 2 is probably an over all tougher league. Nassau's top 4 are very good, but obviously Mt.Sinai and ESM are right there with them and there are probably another 5-8 teams better than Syosset (Nassau's fifth best team). If you include Suffolk division 1 you can probably add another 3 or 4 teams.
Before the LIC the Nassau sentiment was that the Suffolk teams played a weak schedule , so they wouldn't be as prepared, now the sentiment is that the hard scheduled exhausted the teams? lol C'mon Man!!!!

There are good teams on both sides of 110! It's ok to admit it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes obviously they set their playoffs up on enrollment A, B,C then follow the rest of the state throughout the playoffs. I'm pretty sure but not positive that all the schools in the super conference make their respective playoffs can someone who knows for sure answer that. Lacrosse ability has nothing to do with enrollment numbers on Long Island the small schools in both boys and girls are competitive throughout the conferences as well as the state. We should all be very proud of our children they make it happen. And as parents we are pretty good at letting everyone else know how good we are. That's where the problems stem from!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Thank you. That is what I thought. Disappointed the coach can not be truthful about her seniors level of play.

We have a coach like that. Makes all the seniors captains and gives any award to the older players. Just tooooooo lazy to think. Sad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes obviously they set their playoffs up on enrollment A, B,C then follow the rest of the state throughout the playoffs. I'm pretty sure but not positive that all the schools in the super conference make their respective playoffs can someone who knows for sure answer that. Lacrosse ability has nothing to do with enrollment numbers on Long Island the small schools in both boys and girls are competitive throughout the conferences as well as the state. We should all be very proud of our children they make it happen. And as parents we are pretty good at letting everyone else know how good we are. That's where the problems stem from!

They should do it like New Jersey does with an end of year Tournament of Champions - take the LIC's from A, B and C along with the Catholic School Champ and have everyone play each other.

I'd also like to see the other teams from Westchester, etc have to play a LI team in the quarter finals rather than having 1 LI team always knocked out of the states.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their goalie is a 9th grader lol. And they have other 9th graders. They don't need to pull up middle school girls. They have a big enough pool to pick from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won A and B?
west Islip and ESM

WI - no 7th graders, no 8th graders & no 9th graders - that's how you build a program

Except for the past several years when they did have them playing varsity which made those kids better players and made your team what it is today . WI will suck in 2 years .

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

2015 Numbers

Thank you Bald Bear! The 55% number for D1 players not staying on roster ... Where does that statistic come from? Thanks this is very interesting!

That is the result of a 15 year study which concluded last year but will continue moving forward. The number went over 50% about two years ago and continues to edge upward. There are many theories for the increased number; the growth of the sport may be factor; more teams means more students but possibly a higher burn rate. Another is the rise of club teams over high school teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget that roster sizes are creeping up.

So you come out of club as a stud, get to a large rostered college team and don't get meaningful minutes. Then they walk away for school internships and quality of life.

Same reason kids walk away in HS, everyone wants to PLAY and if you get settle in to only a practice player that's why many walk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won A and B?
west Islip and ESM

Except for the past several years when they did have them playing varsity which made those kids better players and made your team what it is today . WI will suck in 2 years .

Should be some great weather in Cortland this weekend!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won A and B?
west Islip and ESM

West Islip goalie is a 9th grader. Other 9th graders on the team also but they don't get much time
Should be some great weather in Cortland this weekend!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couple of things I want to touch on.

1-Good luck to the LI girls this weekend! Like someone said, it's too bad that Nassau and Suffolk play for one spot in the states. From the sound of it, all 3 LIC matches were great games and any of the six teams would represent LI well.

2-As for a super league in Suffolk, I said this before and I'll say it again... rather than a super league make a non playoff league with the bottom 4 D1 and D2 teams in it and let them play each other home and away with the top 4 teams going back into D1 and D2 and the 4 teams in D1 and D2 with the worst record going to the non playoff league the next year. There will still be some blowouts, but nowhere near as many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Normally I would be rooting for every LI team in the States as I do every year. However, this year I will be rooting for West Islip and ESM only. Mount Sinai is not a team I can root for. Their tactics and the way they play the game are atrocious. They don't play on the edge - they play over the edge. Watch any of their games and you will see how they are constantly cheating and breaking the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a Mount Sinai guy but I caught most of that game & have to applaud the goalie she made a few saves at the end of the game that left you shaking your head simply amazing. Great job kiddo. Some of the best saves I've seen at any level or sport. The officials need to be more on top of the game, both teams played hard and whether or not she pulled the strings she did run about 80 yards and finished. Again why wasn't a stick check called and why wasn't the official watching her? Go ask one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a Mount Sinai guy but I caught most of that game & have to applaud the goalie she made a few saves at the end of the game that left you shaking your head simply amazing. Great job kiddo. Some of the best saves I've seen at any level or sport. The officials need to be more on top of the game, both teams played hard and whether or not she pulled the strings she did run about 80 yards and finished. Again why wasn't a stick check called and why wasn't the official watching her? Go ask one of them.

They already did a stick check on her earlier and her stick was legal. I also think CSH was out of stick checks. When I read the post, I was thinking the same thing, after watching the great saves by the goalie and an 80 plus yard burst past the whole team, u are worried about her stick? Didn't look like her stick had anything to do with CSH not being able to stop her! As a fan. That was a great game by both teams!

Page 79 of 83 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard