BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 83 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Bottom 50 D1 teams would have a pretty big fall off in ability and would be given a good run by a lot of the top D2 and D3 teams. The bottom 10 D1 teams this year are-
LIU Brooklyn
Stetson
St Bonnie
Preb
Mercer
St Marys
St Francis
Howard
Gardner Webb
Del State
I wonder if you know how elites you sound? Would you come back on here and "eat crow" next year if any of these teams go above 50? I wonder who your super star is,where does she play or is committed to play? Will she be one of the throngs of those top 20 school, elite, better than them girls that go off to top 20 schools and disappear onto the bench, never to be seen on a field except at a practice as fodder? I'm sure your little darling is getting a full athletic ride to Florida, because she is so much better than the other 29 girls. But here is the truth, you know nothing of the girls going to these "bottom 10 schools", what offers the refused or why. Here's a thought , bottom 10 schools will give a good player a lot of money if they think they can help them get out of the bottom 10, and while your little darling is sitting on the bench at UNC, they will be playing. But at least you can ware the sweatshirt and brag how she's on the roster.

Agree with above poster. Original comment was of ignorance. There are lots of reasons GREAT players turn down top 20 schools. So close minded when make generic statements. Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Michigan, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, BU, Columbia just to name a few not listed in your top 30...must mean not good players right? No, just smarter!!

Reading the original post, the statement is reasonable and certainly more accurate than your replies. If you look at the ratings on Laxpower, which is where the poster took the original data, none of the schools you listed for comparison purposes are in the bottom 50 except Columbia. The post never said the top x schools are better than all the rest. Certainly very good lax players go to all of the 107 programs listed, but they also go to the top D II and D III schools as well. The point was the top programs at those levels could compete with the lower ranked D I schools and by your own logic of good players could go anywhere, it certainly makes sense they could compete. Certainly the top 5 in D II and D III could complete with some of the D I schools. I think that was the point, not trying to put down individual player's abilities and decisions about where to attend college.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Cortland D3 and Adelphi D2 played D1, give us a guess on what number they would be ranked of the 107 D1 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bottom 50 D1 teams would have a pretty big fall off in ability and would be given a good run by a lot of the top D2 and D3 teams. The bottom 10 D1 teams this year are-
LIU Brooklyn
Stetson
St Bonnie
Preb
Mercer
St Marys
St Francis
Howard
Gardner Webb
Del State
I wonder if you know how elites you sound? Would you come back on here and "eat crow" next year if any of these teams go above 50? I wonder who your super star is,where does she play or is committed to play? Will she be one of the throngs of those top 20 school, elite, better than them girls that go off to top 20 schools and disappear onto the bench, never to be seen on a field except at a practice as fodder? I'm sure your little darling is getting a full athletic ride to Florida, because she is so much better than the other 29 girls. But here is the truth, you know nothing of the girls going to these "bottom 10 schools", what offers the refused or why. Here's a thought , bottom 10 schools will give a good player a lot of money if they think they can help them get out of the bottom 10, and while your little darling is sitting on the bench at UNC, they will be playing. But at least you can ware the sweatshirt and brag how she's on the roster.

Agree with above poster. Original comment was of ignorance. There are lots of reasons GREAT players turn down top 20 schools. So close minded when make generic statements. Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Michigan, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, BU, Columbia just to name a few not listed in your top 30...must mean not good players right? No, just smarter!!

Reading the original post, the statement is reasonable and certainly more accurate than your replies. If you look at the ratings on Laxpower, which is where the poster took the original data, none of the schools you listed for comparison purposes are in the bottom 50 except Columbia. The post never said the top x schools are better than all the rest. Certainly very good lax players go to all of the 107 programs listed, but they also go to the top D II and D III schools as well. The point was the top programs at those levels could compete with the lower ranked D I schools and by your own logic of good players could go anywhere, it certainly makes sense they could compete. Certainly the top 5 in D II and D III could complete with some of the D I schools. I think that was the point, not trying to put down individual player's abilities and decisions about where to attend college.
The original post said, and I quote "The Bottom 50 D1 teams would have a pretty big fall off in ability". That definitely is a slight to those lower ranked girls. It was pompous, and condescending. Neither reply said anything about D 2 or 3 players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIU Brooklyn
Stetson
St Bonnie
Preb
Mercer
St Marys
St Francis
Howard
Gardner Webb
Del State

The original post said, and I quote "The Bottom 50 D1 teams would have a pretty big fall off in ability". That definitely is a slight to those lower ranked girls. It was pompous, and condescending. Neither reply said anything about D 2 or 3 players.

Below is the original post on the topic at 7:36pm which clearly states below talking about the top 30 programs which means the listed schools above are included in that "big difference" poster is talking about. Again my point is girls chose other schools for all reasons even though they can play with the best. Sorry about the ego blow!
"This is not an attack on any of the players being discussed. I do not know any of them. However, there are 100 plus Division 1 teams out there and not all are created equally.

There is a big difference between being committed to a Top 20 team and a team 30 and below.

Just saying D1 is painting with a very broad brush."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not a blow to any ego, but you still sound like an elitist, condescending Anonymous hero. Like I said if any of those teams rise to a level you deem worthy, or even improved drastically over the next 2 to 3 years would you be as quick to give accolades as you are to put them down publicly? Probably not.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So in this politically correct world your not allowed to say the 50th ranked team doesn't have as much talent as the top teams? Lol. You liberal freaks are ruining your "get a trophy for farting" kids.
I'll say it.
THE LAST RANKED TEAMS DONT HAVE AS MUCH TALENT!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So in this politically correct world your not allowed to say the 50th ranked team doesn't have as much talent as the top teams? Lol. You liberal freaks are ruining your "get a trophy for farting" kids.
I'll say it.
MAYBE ITS COACHING,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll say it.

Hahaha. Yeah it's the coaching that makes Syracuse better than LIU Brooklyn. Not talent. Hurry there's a hole in the sand that's missing your head. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll say it.

Hahaha. Yeah it's the coaching that makes Syracuse better than LIU Brooklyn. Not talent. Hurry there's a hole in the sand that's missing your head. Lol
people like you run to the best, sit on the bench, never play, and are the first ones on line boasting how good WE are. Other people go to worst and make them better. It all depends how you judge success. I would rather play on a bad team and know they got better because of me, than watch other people wearing the same uniform as me win a championship while I cheerlead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll say it.

The original post on the subject matter brought into question players ability who commit to teams that were ranked 30 and below. Simply stated (although you don't seem to be following) many athletes prefer to chose schools not just based on what they are ranked but rather for return of investment, academic excellence and career advancement. Therefore generic statements of girls committing to D1 programs that are ranked below 30 must not be able to run with the "big boys" is ignorant. Not being politically correct, nor am I a liberal freak, but rather someone who is laughing at your stupidity. My daughter will benefit from her opportunity to have an IVY league education for many years to come while you are still re-living your "glory days" through your children...who by the way is most likely watching the game, like you, from a bench!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll say it.

The original post on the subject matter brought into question players ability who commit to teams that were ranked 30 and below. Simply stated (although you don't seem to be following) many athletes prefer to chose schools not just based on what they are ranked but rather for return of investment, academic excellence and career advancement. Therefore generic statements of girls committing to D1 programs that are ranked below 30 must not be able to run with the "big boys" is ignorant. Not being politically correct, nor am I a liberal freak, but rather someone who is laughing at your stupidity. My daughter will benefit from her opportunity to have an IVY league education for many years to come while you are still re-living your "glory days" through your children...who by the way is most likely watching the game, like you, from a bench!!!

Bravo!

User
User
I'll say it.

people like you run to the best, sit on the bench, never play, and are the first ones on line boasting how good WE are. Other people go to worst and make them better. It all depends how you judge success. I would rather play on a bad team and know they got better because of me, than watch other people wearing the same uniform as me win a championship while I cheerlead.

That's a ridiculous assumption. Maybe the posters kid will play at a top school and maybe your kid can't. Doesn't make the top kid or parent wrong or an ego maniac.
No one is wrong if they choose a school first and a program second. It still doesn't change the fact that top programs have more talent does it? Isn't that kinda factual?
Not sure what this argument is about.

Back of the Cage
User
User
I'll say it.

That's pretty snobbish and presumptuous of you. Talk about ignorant.

Back of the Cage
User
User
I'll say it.

Bravo!

Same poster saying Bravo! To their own post. Talk about stupidity.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adelphi would be ranked number 46 in division one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
I'll say it.

That's a ridiculous assumption. Maybe the posters kid will play at a top school and maybe your kid can't. Doesn't make the top kid or parent wrong or an ego maniac.
No one is wrong if they choose a school first and a program second. It still doesn't change the fact that top programs have more talent does it? Isn't that kinda factual?
Than keep out of it, Neither side asked your opinion and nothing was against your rules. More talent yes the only , or most talented not always. Maybe the posters kid will sit the bench. Maybe the my kid was recruited to A top 20. A lot of maybes for either you or the other poster to make demeaning remarks about a school, a kid, or that kids choice. For someone that supposed to moderate fairness on this site, to say my kid can't compete at that level is pretty petty of you, you don't know her, where she has played, or what she has accomplished.

User
User
I'll say it.

Than keep out of it, Neither side asked your opinion and nothing was against your rules. More talent yes the only , or most talented not always. Maybe the posters kid will sit the bench. Maybe the my kid was recruited to A top 20. A lot of maybes for either you or the other poster to make demeaning remarks about a school, a kid, or that kids choice. For someone that supposed to moderate fairness on this site, to say my kid can't compete at that level is pretty petty of you, you don't know her, where she has played, or what she has accomplished.

Hey psycho. You started with the petty put downs so possibly it's time for you to keep out of it. If there was anything against our rules your petty BS wouldn't see the light of day. Also, I could care less about your kid or her school choice. It's your posts and nasty comments and your lack of fairness that's all our issue. You want to pick a fight with me I wish you good luck.
Other than that I will have an opinion just like you.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The idea holds no water- that means that there would only be juniors and seniors playing and whether someone is good, because they're younger, they sit on the bench. Most of the juniors playing now came in as starters when they were freshman and have played ever since- they didn't wait until the older girls were finished. That also means that the 7th graders- a bunch who play for KW on her YJ team- who came up to JV this year are patiently waiting their turn until they're in 9th or 10th grade? What I hear is 7th graders are playing and 9th and 10th graders saying they will leave lacrosse next year because of the 7th graders being there. The senior goalie is no better than the juniorgoalie, so they should both play. Why does it make sense to you that the senior goalie gets to play the majority of her HS time and the other one has to wait? And what about the other goalie, a senior, who never plays? Terrible argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You call me a psycho? I never put down a players ability, or marginalized a 17 year old girl because I don't think their lacrosse ability meets a certain standard. That you and your friend did. Go back and read the discussion again, all I did was point out something that happened at one school also happened at another, how was that or another post that I ever posted nasty. You think you have the right to make up lies about people because your a moderator? Just because you are doesn't make your opinion right, and mine wrong. If you think I'm unfair what does that make you? A bully, because you don't like me or my opinions doesn't give you the right to make up those lies about me.Oh and it's really big of you to say you don't care about a 17 y/o/ girl that never did anything to you, but thats what bullies do isn't it.If you care so little why did you insert yourself in the conversation, do as many of us do and roll your eyes and move on. But then you couldn't spit your hatred of me and my daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll say it.

Your post is now saying that quality of education is deciding choice of program and you are putting down the top 30 with your Ivy comment. Obviously, you did not take a hard look at the top 30, 4 Ivy schools and many other top academic choices. How about the following top 30 schools from an education perspective, apparently not enough quality for your liking? UNC, Duke, Northwestern, Boston College, Stanford, Virginia, Notre Dame, Cornell, Princeton, Penn, Johns Hopkins, US Naval Academy, Harvard

User
User
You call me a psycho? I never put down a players ability, or marginalized a 17 year old girl because I don't think their lacrosse ability meets a certain standard. That you and your friend did. Go back and read the discussion again, all I did was point out something that happened at one school also happened at another, how was that or another post that I ever posted nasty. You think you have the right to make up lies about people because your a moderator? Just because you are doesn't make your opinion right, and mine wrong. If you think I'm unfair what does that make you? A bully, because you don't like me or my opinions doesn't give you the right to make up those lies about me.Oh and it's really big of you to say you don't care about a 17 y/o/ girl that never did anything to you, but thats what bullies do isn't it.If you care so little why did you insert yourself in the conversation, do as many of us do and roll your eyes and move on. But then you couldn't spit your hatred of me and my daughter.

Lies? Bullying? You need help.
Hopefully your Ivy Leaguer is going to be studying psychology. Just saying cause I really care. Is that better?

You must be a real hit at the Board of Education meetings the way you fabricate drama.

In the words of Joe Dirt. "Life's a garden...Dig it". Lol

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM has a bunch of cry babies and every time they have a coach that does not play their kids it becomes the right time to fire them. Big mouth Mr L has been crying for years get a life your kids have graduated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll say it.

Bravo!

So untrue. I write braco and did not write the first post!

User
User
I'll say it.

Bravo!

So untrue. I write braco and did not write the first post!

Electronic tracking is so useful.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm so blaffed by some of the younger coaches in the game. The intensity and knowledge is there but when their team is losing or calls aren't going their way...silent or not positive and no in game adjustments. Throwing in the towel too soon. Some need to separate their "glory days" mentality and just be a positive coach...even when things aren't going their way. Good example...was at a game today and teams were close for majority of 1st half...coaches were fired up! Other team starts to pull away...crickets. 2nd half, team makes a comeback and gets draw to possibly tie game. No time out called...they had one..to refocus team or draw something up. I don't get it. Am I wrong??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM has a bunch of cry babies and every time they have a coach that does not play their kids it becomes the right time to fire them. Big mouth Mr L has been crying for years get a life your kids have graduated

Two game losing streak, maybe you should burn burn the coach on a stake in the middle of the town square. ESM's biggest problem is not the coach, its the youth program. You have too many kids playing and every parent thinks their kid should be a 7th grade starter. Weed out your program early on, instead you promote multiple teams at each age group and make the school coaches do the dirty work and weed them out later. Delusional parents and too many players for the amount of positions leads to a nightmare scenario for these coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
parents from every town cry over everything. They complain about coaches, complain about officials, complain about the other players on the team. They all think they are the be all end all when it comes to the sport their child plays.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Two game losing streak, maybe you should burn burn the coach on a stake in the middle of the town square. ESM's biggest problem is not the coach, its the youth program. You have too many kids playing and every parent thinks their kid should be a 7th grade starter. Weed out your program early on, instead you promote multiple teams at each age group and make the school coaches do the dirty work and weed them out later. Delusional parents and too many players for the amount of positions leads to a nightmare scenario for these coaches.

Too many kids in a youth program is a bad thing? Are you nuts? Many towns would kill for the turn out ESM gets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal

Too many kids in a youth program is a bad thing? Are you nuts? Many towns would kill for the turn out ESM gets.

Do the math. If the varsity team plays the solid 9th-12th graders, you only need 3-4 kids from each grade to complete the team, sprinkle in a few 7-8 graders pulled up from time to time then its seriously 3 kids per age group you need coming down the pipes to fill the starting positions. If you have 2-3 teams of girls in an age group you have 50-60 girls fighting for 3 or 4 positions. Kill for that? Careful what you wish for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESM girls youth director has to go because she doesn't support the program, and mouths the varsity coaches, complains to the board that her daughter got pulled out and an 8th grader put in her spot, yet her child is a sophomore who takes the spot that a senior could be playing. She's a hypocrite with a capital H. Her child was brought up as an 8th grader but now all of a sudden she's against selective classification. It's sad and I know it happens in every town and franky it ruins it for the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the bigger districts this has always been the issue. My town has 27 girls on Varsity and had over 40 try out for JV. We have had D1 commits as Sophomores playing on JV. Girls that can play get cut every year. They work hard and try out again next year. Once they get on Varsity only 14-15 girls even play any meaningful minutes in the "big" games. Seventh & eighth graders never get pulled up because they are not needed period. An exceptional player will jump over JV and play Varsity maybe as a 9th grader. It is what it is....The best problem any district is for them to have a large youth program. Look at all of the soccer crazy parents. They all think their kid is going to be a star on Varsity when they are 10 years old. The reality is that 3 or 4 players from any grade are going to play meaningful Varsity minutes when the time comes in any sport except basketball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened Hop?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the math. If the varsity team plays the solid 9th-12th graders, you only need 3-4 kids from each grade to complete the team, sprinkle in a few 7-8 graders pulled up from time to time then its seriously 3 kids per age group you need coming down the pipes to fill the starting positions. If you have 2-3 teams of girls in an age group you have 50-60 girls fighting for 3 or 4 positions. Kill for that? Careful what you wish for.

It seems to work at Garden City and Manhasett!

User
User
What happened Hop?

Lol. It's types like you that are tough anonymous guys but I guarantee wouldn't be so tough in person. I would take pleasure in smacking you down but I will handle it differently. Be careful who you tangle with. You might not like the outcome.

Keep wasting your time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems to work at Garden City and Manhasett!

big difference is Manhasset and GC parents aren't on here anonymously throwing players and coaches under the bus to the higher UPS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

coach needs to go. nothing to do with playing time. sorry mrs. h but the run is over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen! The youth program is too big! Haha! That's hysterical!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. Why do certain coaches feel like they have the right to belittle and demean high school girls? Were they part of similar coaching when they were younger? It's one thing to yell at kids, but it's entirely different to rip them apart and verbally abuse them.

Everyone should watch the ESPN lacrosse documentary "The Lost Trophy" about the 1990 Syracuse Men's lacrosse team. It's amazing how many of the ex players all talk about their Coach Roy Simmons Jr. They all discuss how it was ok to make mistakes and to try new things. Look at the success they had back then.

You don't need to be a bully to coach young adults. That's actually just lazy coaching. If you really care about them as people, coach them - don't bully them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

coach needs to go. nothing to do with playing time. sorry mrs. h but the run is over

It's All about playing time but if it makes you feel better, okay. You're embarrassing yourself. The whole town, board and team knows who is leading the charge to remove the coach and you're all so transparent. The kids will be fine with or without the coach. But for a few unhappy ruin it for everyone else who loves her. Like I posted earlier it's not the first coach you've run out of this town because they didn't play who you wanted.It must kill you that people don't know who you are any more. Enjoy the next chapter of your life-we can handle it from here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O

It's All about playing time but if it makes you feel better, okay. You're embarrassing yourself. The whole town, board and team knows who is leading the charge to remove the coach and you're all so transparent. The kids will be fine with or without the coach. But for a few unhappy ruin it for everyone else who loves her. Like I posted earlier it's not the first coach you've run out of this town because they didn't play who you wanted.It must kill you that people don't know who you are any more. Enjoy the next chapter of your life-we can handle it from here.

nothing to do with playing time and you don't know who I am. she's a crazy abusive bully who's messing up girls heads who are stuck with her or have to quit. the kids will be better off without her. at least you didn't blame it on the youth program being too big

Page 71 of 83 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard