BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,881
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 174 of 220 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who are the top 2021 teams? I am guessing that Top Guns is among them.

M&D, then YJ and then there is a big gap to the #3 team

TG 2021 lost to elevate last summer

This is far and away the most repeated sentence on all of BOTC. Close second is that elevate 2021 lost a game to YJ by one goal at some point last year. Some Elevate parent is very proud of those two games.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Can not say TG is in the "top 3" … to be honest, it is not a good sign for a program that had been on the rise (won the U15 Nationals against YJs to gain notoriety in 2012) to lose "top tier" players to the YJs each year, and most notably (this past fall) in the 2019 and 2020 years. TGs, at all levels, just not what it used to be… or what it is cracked up to be. That said, the summer season will be telling. Will those new YJs, former TGs, be feeling relieved they left… or sorry?

For a couple of them if sitting on the bench and watching the YJ play then yes they will be plenty relieved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Go away trolls" …. you ask for a devoted thread… people view it, make educated, fact based comment and you tell them to go away. Respond with facts and you gain more credibility… and respect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened with 2017 rosters?

Purple roster is too large too fit on the page. Parents are pissed but afraid to say anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Go away trolls" …. you ask for a devoted thread… people view it, make educated, fact based comment and you tell them to go away. Respond with facts and you gain more credibility… and respect.

Some of the info above comes from people on the inside, not the trolls.

Let's rephrase those previous comments more appropriately. BS and SS listen very carefully to Mr. BOE and the WB crowd (you can see them huddling at camps, tournaments, before tryouts, ect.) I never said he wasn't well respected in his community, or that his family was bad, his girls are great kids. I am sure he is a good person who cares, and does a great deal for his community. But that includes looking out for WB girls in the TG program.

Whether or not BS and SS pander to him out of fear of losing their fields or being hometown WB people, or both, it happens regardless of the reason. There are WB girls on his daughters black teams that do not deserve to be there over other girls on the purple team or ones who have left the program. Especially in 2021 and 2022. That is why they will not be in the conversation of a top team.

This practice is a detriment to the TG program, they have girls on their top teams that are there because they are from WB, while better girls are put onto lesser teams, and these better girls either leave or don't take the invite and go to other large clubs (JY) making them even larger and making their top 2 teams stronger eventually over TG 1st teams. No example of WB favoritism is even more glaring than the 2022 teams. TG 22 Black will lose to both of the YJ teams this year, and both Elevates this year. Not so much that the talent is on the purple team, but because is you are not from WB, you wont get a fair shot at making the team.

All of the 4 younger age groups are affected by this, thus you seeing the results of that WB partnership drag down the club. It is not that girls are on the wrong team, it is they are flat out leaving because of this. Whether they don't want to play with lesser girls on the top team, or they are deserving and passed over to put a WB girls who is less skilled on that team. NO doubt that TG is losing and deterring talent from their program because of this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm, the BOE connection is an interesting tidbit that was not widely known … curious about the post, and the allegation about the BOE member affecting the TG black teams, especially the 4 youngest years … a little research reveals that in fact an officer/member of the BOE for West Babylon Schools (http://www.wbschools.org/boardofeducation/default.aspx) does have the same last name as several girls in the TG program: the 2019 Black, 2020 Black, 2021 Black AND 2022 Black teams. Puts an interesting spin on your points and the affect it is having on the club. Enlightening, actually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Draw schedules are up on website. We are coming down from Mass to play and are in the bracket with Top Gun 2019. Was wondering what you guys thought of your team this summer. Looking forward to the competition and seeing how our girls stack up against the strong programs like TG.

Hope for great weather and great games. See you all on the sidelines!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm, the BOE connection is an interesting tidbit that was not widely known … curious about the post, and the allegation about the BOE member affecting the TG black teams, especially the 4 youngest years … a little research reveals that in fact an officer/member of the BOE for West Babylon Schools (http://www.wbschools.org/boardofeducation/default.aspx) does have the same last name as several girls in the TG program: the 2019 Black, 2020 Black, 2021 Black AND 2022 Black teams. Puts an interesting spin on your points and the affect it is having on the club. Enlightening, actually.

Not enlightening. This is a non issue. Man in question has nothing to do with team selection. Only has 3 girls playing not 4. 2020 girl is not his. Top Guns is a West Babylon based travel team with many West Babylon girls on almost every team. 2021 black does have the most WB girls. If you don't want your daughter to play with them then go somewhere else. If you feel they aren't up to your standard then go somewhere else. If you don't like the way they play then go somewhere else. If you have issues with this team then call Mr. Smith and talk to him about it instead of coming on here like a total coward and posting that crap. It sounds to me like you have more of an issue with the man in question than anything else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is enlightening if you are new to the club and don't know the "connections" (every club seems to have them) but it is good to know. Thanks for sharing. Good luck to the girls!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not enlightening. This is a non issue. Man in question has nothing to do with team selection. Only has 3 girls playing not 4. 2020 girl is not his. Top Guns is a West Babylon based travel team with many West Babylon girls on almost every team. 2021 black does have the most WB girls. If you don't want your daughter to play with them then go somewhere else. If you feel they aren't up to your standard then go somewhere else. If you don't like the way they play then go somewhere else. If you have issues with this team then call Mr. Smith and talk to him about it instead of coming on here like a total coward and posting that crap. It sounds to me like you have more of an issue with the man in question than anything else.
let me guess..........Your from W.B. and benefited from this? Am I right?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am from West Babylon but I didn't benefit from this. I dont have a daughter in any of his age groups. I know the man who is being accused and he has no decision making within TG. Previous poster must have an issue with this man. BS and SS speak to a lot of the WB parents because we know them outside of lacrosse circles. No WB parent has sway with them.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

I am from West Babylon but I didn't benefit from this. I dont have a daughter in any of his age groups. I know the man who is being accused and he has no decision making within TG. Previous poster must have an issue with this man. BS and SS speak to a lot of the WB parents because we know them outside of lacrosse circles. No WB parent has sway with them.

Be careful.
Accusations pointed at a public school official are serious. If unfounded there are ramifications and the person who posted them will wish they handled it differently.
Each post is tracked and identified for future reference.

If anyone has an issue concerning ethics or playing time or anything else I suggest you contact the club directors and the BOE member directly. This is not the place to publicly publish accusations that may be unfounded.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't live In W.B., and my daughter does not play for T.G. I am not accusing anyone of anything nor do I care what happens. Being an outsider looking in the shadow of impropriety looms very long over this issue. if this B.O.E. member has 3 children playing on T.G. and the club, a for profit endeavor, is using school fields for practice, I can see how some parents are put off. Let us all be honest, I don't think the B.O.E. member is overtly stating that he wants x,y,z, girls put on any team, but as the above poster states, they are "friendly" out of school functions and I am sure that the Smiths are well aware of who the B.O.E. members daughters is, and who there friends are. If B.S. wants to dilute the T.G. name that is his call. If I was a parent of a Black player that was not considered a blue chip player, but still a top prospect, I would be looking at other clubs

Like Reply Quote
User
User
I don't live In W.B., and my daughter does not play for T.G. I am not accusing anyone of anything nor do I care what happens. Being an outsider looking in the shadow of impropriety looms very long over this issue. if this B.O.E. member has 3 children playing on T.G. and the club, a for profit endeavor, is using school fields for practice, I can see how some parents are put off. Let us all be honest, I don't think the B.O.E. member is overtly stating that he wants x,y,z, girls put on any team, but as the above poster states, they are "friendly" out of school functions and I am sure that the Smiths are well aware of who the B.O.E. members daughters is, and who there friends are. If B.S. wants to dilute the T.G. name that is his call. If I was a parent of a Black player that was not considered a blue chip player, but still a top prospect, I would be looking at other clubs

I always find it funny and sad at the same time when people say they don't live in the district or they don't have an interest in a subject and then go on to strongly opine on an issue referencing specific details on the subject.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

I always find it funny and sad at the same time when people say they don't live in the district or they don't have an interest in a subject and then go on to strongly opine on an issue referencing specific details on the subject.

I do live in WB and I have a Daughter on TG and I can honestly say this man has no influence over anything that TG does. Being a board member has no bearing on selection for any of the TG teams. Field use has been set up long before he was even a board member. All of his girls belong on the teams that they play for. Should the WB parents not speak to the Smiths in order to make outsiders happy? I think not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious ... in the 2019 age group, who would win/have they played ... YJ second team vs. TG Black?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious ... in the 2019 age group, who would win/have they played ... YJ second team vs. TG Black?

The two played each last year at the national draw. TGBlack beat YJBert (now Mitchell) second team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The two played each last year at the national draw. TGBlack beat YJBert (now Mitchell) second team.

Thanks. We are coming down to ND and are in the bracket with both. Hopefully we can provide some decent competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's all for the Smith son taking over the coaching for the 2020 purple girls? Another year of this and Day by day it becomes frustrating watching the two young ladies that are the current coaches attempt to hide the fact that though they may have played lacrosse that doesn't make them good coaches. I'm tired of seeing them spend a majority of practice standing around talking to each other instead of actually running drills and practicing plays. I do not see this team getting any better as there is no adequate coaching for them. these coaches only seem to act busy when SS and BS are walking by or monitoring them. TG really needs to figure out what is going on with the coaching staff. One was absent the first weekend on the road, Then they spend 45 mins at practice partner passing, Then they end practice on their own time 20 mins early and have the girls just standing around. Lets see what next weekend brings at National Draw when they go up against legacy to see if we will be back next year. Come on Top Guns let's get it together

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy going to be good. A lot of talent in the first unit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Key word in that post is "purple"… second team, second tier coaches … the first team at ALL the clubs is where the best coaches are found and the attention given. When the Black wins it boosts the clubs' marketing power.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would suspect that the TG Purple girls, whom many have played together for a couple of years will beat a first year Legacy 2nd team that has never played together other than on the practice field. However, even a close game would have me wondering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's all for the Smith son taking over the coaching for the 2020 purple girls? Another year of this and Day by day it becomes frustrating watching the two young ladies that are the current coaches attempt to hide the fact that though they may have played lacrosse that doesn't make them good coaches. I'm tired of seeing them spend a majority of practice standing around talking to each other instead of actually running drills and practicing plays. I do not see this team getting any better as there is no adequate coaching for them. these coaches only seem to act busy when SS and BS are walking by or monitoring them. TG really needs to figure out what is going on with the coaching staff. One was absent the first weekend on the road, Then they spend 45 mins at practice partner passing, Then they end practice on their own time 20 mins early and have the girls just standing around. Lets see what next weekend brings at National Draw when they go up against legacy to see if we will be back next year. Come on Top Guns let's get it together

The TG coaching staff and lack of involvement from SS will be the downfall of the program in a few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's all for whiney parents going through proper channels like their club Director rather than airing their dirty laundry on a public forum? Do you really expect action from TG as a result of this post?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's all for whiney parents going through proper channels like their club Director rather than airing their dirty laundry on a public forum? Do you really expect action from TG as a result of this post?

Good point! This is not the place to get any results...Smiths have always been good to us

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One might think this is not the best avenue to take to get results. If you have issues regarding your daughter's team there are better things to do than complain on here. Have you talked to the coaches regarding your concerns? Have you discussed it with BS or SS? If you approach it, as a reasonable adult with them, I am sure they will listen. Present the facts, no your opinions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 TG Black lost 4 of their best players. They would lose to 2nd team YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't bet on it, yj 2019 teams are not very strong TG black can still beat any 2019 yj team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

beat like a drum. was not a competitive game. both rosters have drastically changed since then though, so maybe next time it'll be a game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't bet on it, yj 2019 teams are not very strong TG black can still beat any 2019 yj team

Please , first you never could beat top YJ team , you have never beaten another good team ie MD. Add in the fact that you lost 5 of your better players and will be difficult for you to win against any of the better teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please , first you never could beat top YJ team , you have never beaten another good team ie MD. Add in the fact that you lost 5 of your better players and will be difficult for you to win against any of the better teams.

CR has been avoiding TG 2019 Black since they almost beat her 2018 team in a playoff game at National Draw three years ago - she knows Carro's group isn't up to it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR has been avoiding TG 2019 Black since they almost beat her 2018 team in a playoff game at National Draw three years ago - she knows Carro's group isn't up to it

Can you parents please stop. Let your daughters prove themselves on the field not behind a computer on a lax forum. The teams that are a class act win on the field and don't need to brag about it on here. Trust me, girls on both clubs are friends and end up playing together. Leave it on the field!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One might think this is not the best avenue to take to get results. If you have issues regarding your daughter's team there are better things to do than complain on here. Have you talked to the coaches regarding your concerns? Have you discussed it with BS or SS? If you approach it, as a reasonable adult with them, I am sure they will listen. Present the facts, no your opinions.

I see elevate 2020 beat legacy at lax by sea - will be a long summer for legacy parents who left TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see elevate 2020 beat legacy at lax by sea - will be a long summer for legacy parents who left TG

Correct me if I am wrong, all the kids who left went to YJ top teams. Only 2020 coach and his daughter went to Legacy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct me if I am wrong, all the kids who left went to YJ top teams. Only 2020 coach and his daughter went to Legacy.

Why

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't agree with you on that one. lax by the sea legacy beat soundly the same team that Elevate tied 7-7. Maybe it was just the first game together as a team. Takes a little while to gel as a team, most people know that. Truth is I think they have a very good foundation knowing quite a lot of them from PAL and travel ball. Heck they may only need a couple of girls to make them a very fun team to play. Good Luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how did 2018 black do yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They finished the tournament 3 - 0, unfortunately the 4th game was cancelled because of heavy thunderstorms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2018 Black went 3-0 on the weekend, but the remainder of their games were cancelled by weather.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how did 2018 black do yesterday

Black went 3-0. Last game against Skywalkers was canceled due to weather. Purple went 2-2. White went 2-0-2.

Like Reply Quote
Page 174 of 220 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard