BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,242
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 166 of 220 1 2 164 165 166 167 168 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who has to come on here and bash someones physical appearance is not worthy of a response and is like a 5 year old throwing a temper tantrum because he didn't get his way. He is mad at the world and needs to make someone else feel bad about themselves so he can feel better. IGNORE

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe its West Hampton

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Her status is the name daddy is destroying for the all mighty buck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Maybe its West Hampton [/quot

Maybe it's the loser who is obsessed w the Westhampton kid , ie you.

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BS and SS are better? Ok, one is non existent and one never played a sport in his life. Get a life

Just to clarify.... Bill Smith was a multi sport athlete at West Babylon HS. He won awards in football and was an accomplished lacrosse player. Please check facts before posting.

Wasn't he a NYC firefighter as well?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by The Hop
BS and SS are better? Ok, one is non existent and one never played a sport in his life. Get a life

Just to clarify.... Bill Smith was a multi sport athlete at West Babylon HS. He won awards in football and was an accomplished lacrosse player. Please check facts before posting.

Wasn't he a NYC firefighter as well?

Yes he was. He was forced to retire due to pulminory issues from 9/11. Might have something to do with his weight since he can't go out and jog like everyone wants him to do. Whether you like him or not, he did his job on 9/11. Which is more than most of us can say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely true, I heard he was a 9/11 responder. He has also lost some weight recently, but regardless it is none of anyone's business. Looking around the sidelines of Lacrosse events there are many parents who need to drop a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely true, I heard he was a 9/11 responder. He has also lost some weight recently, but regardless it is none of anyone's business. Looking around the sidelines of Lacrosse events there are many parents who need to drop a few.

He went in there knowing he had 3 young kids at home. Doubt any of these internet cowards would have the balls to do the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please the last thing BS or any retired member of the FDNY wants is for people to be discussing their involvement that horrible day. Please move on to something else. Thank you

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Please the last thing BS or any retired member of the FDNY wants is for people to be discussing their involvement that horrible day. Please move on to something else. Thank you

I agree. Move on.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is TG invited to the G-10 in Morristown?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what is the G 10? Is there a link for it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope so

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what is the G 10? Is there a link for it?

It is a select tournament, the idea is to reduce the entry to only the top ten teams in each age group,giving a hand picked selection of players for the coaches to look at. Same people who run NIKE elite 120 which attracts the top gathering of college coaches, so I am sure this will too. The TG black teams should about fit the profile, but they seem to steer TG players away from elite 120 so I am guessing they will avoid this as well. I think many of these club directors have burnt bridges and strained relations that often guide what they enter. Not sure if the date interferes with the TG summer schedule, and not sure if this is an invite only thing but the black teams in the recruiting age group should get together and go on their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG will be at "the grind" and "the rise" tournaments I think the same weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Step it up TG or else!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the tournament in morristown was g8 not g10. What does g8 stand for ? Does g8 = Gait ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's an unproven new tournament that's calling itself elite. (If you write it it must be true) started by the director of Steps NJ. It might be great, it might fade away...I would stress too much whether you're going there or another tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the purple and white teams equal talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the purple and white teams equal talent?

Yes they are both PAL level teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's an unproven new tournament that's calling itself elite. (If you write it it must be true) started by the director of Steps NJ. It might be great, it might fade away...I would stress too much whether you're going there or another tournament

Other than the fact that the top teams from YJ, TLC, M&D, Maryland United, Heros, etc. will be there. Only the handful of top teams in the country and the top college coaches. The boys side has moved to smaller tournaments with only the top teams and I assure you the coaches will flock to this one. Ask your TG staff why they are not getting invited to these type of events - Elite 120 the individual showcase which had 90+ coaches and this top team tournament this upcoming summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The elite 120 does such a good job of gathering the very top talent, coaches are begging for the next step, and this is it. From a recruiting coaches standpoint, what could be better? Most any and all other tournaments are all about making money, they take any and all. They try to bracket it out but many brackets and pools are useless games against bad competition. If your a recruiter, do you really want to deal with all the extra noise. Trim the fat away, get only the top teams in a single venue, surrounded by quality players, dream come true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Step it up TG or else!

Or else what? You're going to leave? BYE!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The elite 120 does such a good job of gathering the very top talent, coaches are begging for the next step, and this is it. From a recruiting coaches standpoint, what could be better? Most any and all other tournaments are all about making money, they take any and all. They try to bracket it out but many brackets and pools are useless games against bad competition. If your a recruiter, do you really want to deal with all the extra noise. Trim the fat away, get only the top teams in a single venue, surrounded by quality players, dream come true.

Don't kid yourself. Elite 120 is all about the money. They capitalize on the fact that not much else goes on over the winter for girls. Not so elite when you invite well over 120 and then it is first come first serve for invites. If they truly want to be elite perhaps invite what they feel truly is the top 120, wait for turn downs and fill in from there. The bottom line in this sport (as any other sport) it comes down to the almighty dollar!!!! I agree with above poster, they have given themselves the title "Elite"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't kid yourself. Elite 120 is all about the money. They capitalize on the fact that not much else goes on over the winter for girls. Not so elite when you invite well over 120 and then it is first come first serve for invites. If they truly want to be elite perhaps invite what they feel truly is the top 120, wait for turn downs and fill in from there. The bottom line in this sport (as any other sport) it comes down to the almighty dollar!!!! I agree with above poster, they have given themselves the title "Elite"

They only invite 180 from each group. That's the equivalent of about 5-6 teams worth of girls. I think that's still pretty elite. Trying to minimize its impact because you weren't invited perhaps?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You make no sense at all. They invite a very small group of select teams, how is that all about the money? Look at ALL the other tournaments and even U15, it is a free for all. If there was ever one tournament that was not all about the money, this is it. If your team is not going to this and your daughter isn't going to 120, tell yourself whatever you need to be able to sleep at night, but spare the rest of us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its always about the money. If your daughter is truly top 120 she doesn't need this or any other particular event to be recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently you weren't there or your kid was not invited. Great, well -run event with a lot of talent and most of the top schools in the country recruiting there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its always about the money. If your daughter is truly top 120 she doesn't need this or any other particular event to be recruited.
This is true but don't minimize the Elite 120 event. It was excellent with a lot of top girls, well run, and a lot of top coaches. Agree it wash;t free but felt better about spending the money after seeing the event than many other events out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Send her out to play in the back yard, don't worry about it, if she is that good they will find her! A real lacrosse recluse, good luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You make no sense at all. They invite a very small group of select teams, how is that all about the money? Look at ALL the other tournaments and even U15, it is a free for all. If there was ever one tournament that was not all about the money, this is it. If your team is not going to this and your daughter isn't going to 120, tell yourself whatever you need to be able to sleep at night, but spare the rest of us.

You are completely wrong. Anyone can contact the directors for an invite. Then you have your coach send in a reference. I know, because I did this for my daughter. So you can keep telling yourself that your daughter is "Elite" ....in your own mind. As I said, it is just like everything else..$$$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is true but don't minimize the Elite 120 event. It was excellent with a lot of top girls, well run, and a lot of top coaches. Agree it wash;t free but felt better about spending the money after seeing the event than many other events out there.

Never said it wasn't a well run event or there wasn't a good turnout of coaches. There is nothing else going on that weekend for coaches to attend. Just stating it is not as exclusive as people want to think it is. Wait until another event develops on the same weekend...that will be the next elite showcase.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No recluse at all.just a lax parent with a few more dollars in my pocket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have to call yourself elite ....... Are you really elite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It"s not even a question of a extra money in your pocket, it is more a question of how the club your daughter plays for spends your money, the quality of tournaments the club picks out for your team. ALL the clubs have several cheesy tournaments they attend, especially the lower teams. When many of the teams in an age group are not up to snuff, it is not good business to bring to all tournaments where they take a beating. So yes, if these clubs are going to have 3, 4, 5 teams per age group, they better provide several feel good tournaments. If your a parent involved with the clubs top team from one of the top clubs, you want quality tournaments. The only problem with an elite team tournament like this is it causes internal strife as only the top teams in the club go. Look at the mess u15 causes internally at TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have to call yourself elite ....... Are you really elite?

Already saw this one coming... don't attend the events where the so said "chosen" ones are pulled from. Strong connection between quite a number of teams who I can validate from seeing first hand would not be and should not be in the elite category. As I mentioned once we found out about the event made a phone call and it was done. Keep telling yourself what you want to believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It"s not even a question of a extra money in your pocket, it is more a question of how the club your daughter plays for spends your money, the quality of tournaments the club picks out for your team. ALL the clubs have several cheesy tournaments they attend, especially the lower teams. When many of the teams in an age group are not up to snuff, it is not good business to bring to all tournaments where they take a beating. So yes, if these clubs are going to have 3, 4, 5 teams per age group, they better provide several feel good tournaments. If your a parent involved with the clubs top team from one of the top clubs, you want quality tournaments. The only problem with an elite team tournament like this is it causes internal strife as only the top teams in the club go. Look at the mess u15 causes internally at TG.

The club should attend most tournaments as a whole unit. Most tournaments are set up with brackets based on ability. Rate your team properly. play in right division and you can compete and feel good. As for internal mess at TG due to U15, parents need to be realistic not everybody goes, Reality is that not everyone can go to Northwestern or Maryland either, Its ok. Daughter did not make u15 as a 2016, was not a Elite 120 invite, and certainly not a "stud". She got plenty of exposure going to tournaments like Lax Inception, Capitol cup and Rivalry, is a good solid lacrosse player and has recently committed to the school of her choice. Be patient and realistic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only the very top girls are ever going to pay back on their investment. For everyone paying 4 grand or so a year for 8 years people are in for $30-$40 thousand.

Now my kid is getting looks from $55,000 a year schools offering $7,000 a year to play lax. That's still $48,000 a year!!!

Pay for tutors instead of personal "wall ball training" and go to Stony Brook or Binghampton

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Only the very top girls are ever going to pay back on their investment. For everyone paying 4 grand or so a year for 8 years people are in for $30-$40 thousand.

Now my kid is getting looks from $55,000 a year schools offering $7,000 a year to play lax. That's still $48,000 a year!!!

Pay for tutors instead of personal "wall ball training" and go to Stony Brook or Binghampton

Let me take this post a bit further. I agree with this post, and to look deeper, parents need to understand that colleges and universities are businesses and not in the business of giving away money.

Lacrosse, soccer, and other sports are revenue producing sports for these institutions like basketball and football. Big time scholarships are very rare. partials are not worth taking if the school's academic rank is out of the top 50 IMO.

My youngest had two full scholarships for soccer and we turned them down because non of those schools came close to Duke where she was accepted.

The choice for her education between Duke or "P on U" was a no-brainer!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Let me take this post a bit further. I agree with this post, and to look deeper, parents need to understand that colleges and universities are businesses and not in the business of giving away money.

Lacrosse, soccer, and other sports are revenue producing sports for these institutions like basketball and football. Big time scholarships are very rare. partials are not worth taking if the school's academic rank is out of the top 50 IMO.

My youngest had two full scholarships for soccer and we turned them down because non of those schools came close to Duke where she was accepted.

The choice for her education between Duke or "P on U" was a no-brainer!!

Larry made the same choice we did (but we didn't get a Duke). We turned down weak academic schools AND weak lacrosse schools that were offering BIG CASH. The problem is on these travel club sidelines everyone is trying to 1 up each other, my daughter made black, My 8th grader got called up to varsity, my 9th grader committed.... after boasts like these, those are the parents that feel they MUST have their kid play in college. Go to Duke, cash in that academic money that is available to all and play college club lacrosse.

No employer will care that you graduated from APEX TECH as a 4 year starter on the lax team, except on of these club teams that will hire you are a gloried summer counselor!

Like Reply Quote
Page 166 of 220 1 2 164 165 166 167 168 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard