Originally Posted by Anonymous
The beauty of this forum is the ability to discuss the positives and negatives of programs, teams , tournaments, leagues, etc....someone crapping on a team doesn't make them jealous that they can't afford it and the options aren't LI Express or PAL....think about it for $2,000 you could buy 40 1-hour private lessons with a D-1 coach....just saying. In as much as most programs cost the same after 4th grade, I doubt it's a bout the money and more about what you get for the money. And I am not sure parents all know what they get for the money, sometimes you don't know until after you commit.

No one was complaining about the team though. Someone asked how they played on Saturday and what the score was. Then others started in on how it is a waste of money to be paying for a team for 3rd graders. I am not seeing a discussion on what they are not getting or getting in terms of practices, coaches, tournaments. It is a team, they allowed it to be a walk on and like any travel team for any sport, there is always a market for kids/parents that want more. If parents are okay with that- they can spend their money. Other programs opened up 2nd- 3rd grade teams and if the conversation turned to which organization offered the most for the money- then that would be helpful. In the mean time- does anyone know how this 2021 Express team did - because that is what the OP wanted to know- and it is not me, nor do I know.