Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Congrats to YJ for an undefeated season. Think their defense is best on Long Island for this age group. Don’t see them slowing down. Also.. sheesh such a large team. may be movement going out over the summer. Think Top Guns and Jesters get better and everyone else stays the same. My final rankings on Long Island for this age group:

1. YJ Babst
2. Top Guns
3. Jesters
4. Legacy
Big drop

5. GC Tradition
6. Team 91
7. Igloo
7. YJ wilkom
8. YJ Mullen
9. Top Guns purple

Tradition and 91 not far behind those teams. Also not sure YJ defense is their strength- they don’t play a lot of D cuz midfield so strong.

Not sure this is accurate.

Top guns black crushed legacy blue this weekend.

Jesters lost to legacy multiple times, top gunsX and Babst.

Igloo tied tradition A, best 91, and lost to legacy blue by 1.

91 lost to tradition by multiple goals last weekend.

Would probably say best is easily Babst and Top Guns black followed by legacy, tradition, liberty, jesters, and igloo being fairly equal on any given day depending which fifth graders show up that day.

91, top guns purple, Mullen, Willcom, lax on, recon, elevate, shore to shore definitely all wayyyyy below the others.[/

I would say most of this reasonable. Only had Jesters and TG black since they tied this weekend and legacy blue lost bad 11-1 to TG this weekend. But don’t think your take is unreasonable other than would put Jesters over tradition since they beat them multiple times this year. liberty I have no idea… never see them at tournaments with the top LI teams.

Otherwise, I think TG and Jesters closes that gap this upcoming year given movement from the other teams listed after the big drop.

This is a strong age group (this was the year right before the blackout and we were 3-4 years removed from the financial crisis on the up and up) a lot of the 5th grade classes on the island are the largest ever in many districts.

Anyway, will be fun to watch this group over the next 5-6 years.

91 beat igloo 10-3 last time out, lost to jesters black 7-3 in a very close game and played horrific Vs tradition. Legacy had an equally bad game Vs Top Guns. Top guns lost handily to Babst just like everyone else. There are 5-6 decent teams who all can beat each other, Babst clearly at the top above them. Can’t interpret 10yo teams based on a game or 2. There is decent talent on all the teams but Babst clearly ahead of that group
No argument just opinion from knowing a bunch of the players that teams 2-7 very even