Originally Posted by Anonymous
And let me guess they won’t play together after WS. Not a team!!

Please explain why this matters. Are you that afraid of losing a middle school lacrosse tournament?

PS - WSYL victories mean nothing, just like the All-American games, remember that? Clubs just promoting BS tournaments to make more money off the gullible.

But give a pass to adults desperately putting together a “team” to win the meaningless middles school tournament.
Or give a pass to you, who reads this page about meaningless middle school teams.

Let’s be honest none of this matters. Not HS not college. But yet here WE are.

Of course none of this matters or in your words is "meaningless", yet you are on here (a meaningless anonymous forum) complaining. Blue Jays are doing everything within the rules of the WSYL. It is supposed to be a fun event for the kids and every older kid I know that has come home from it says so, win or lose. So I think it is great that another group of kids get to participate. Can't wait to play the Blue Jays.

The cost to participate in the WSYL is a huge factor for a lot of clubs. They don't want to force that extra cost on all their families. Some clubs make it optional and augment their roster with other local kids. For clubs that completely opt-out groups like Blue Jays step in and collect kids from multiple clubs to get a roster together. Both approaches let more kids participate. Where's the problem?

They aren’t a team. They are a made up team because their club teams can’t truly compete because they have too many older kids.

This[/quote]

These are valid points, but is banning the on-age kids who want to compete the best solution? If last year is any indication, the regional all-star teams didn't fare that great anyways.