Originally Posted by Anonymous
lets stay positive

Anyone that watched True Blue 2017 play Sunday, must give them credit for dominating ground balls against every team, all day long... TB did not beat 91, and terps black with fancy passes and accurate shots... TB takes puts the ball on the ground and picks it up. simple.

they were really good last year, and added 4 or 5 8th graders playing JV this year.

I never saw turtles play, but hard to imagine giving turtles an automatic win against a team as big, fast, and nasty as TB

I'll give you that observation, but you have to concur that the Terps Black managed to overcome their initial first game lock up and put together an impressive win over TB for the championship. Thus, you can say the same about it being hard to imagine giving the turtles auto wins over either team. They are both big and strong and relentless. I was impressed and thoroughly enjoyed watching what amounted to a JV level game. Would you agree?

I agree. Except it was more of a varsity level between those two teams on sunday.
Both TB and TERP Black play fast and angry with size. Coaches from younger teams on the sidelines thought they were older than 8th grade from stick skills.

I would assume the turtles can play the same way just not sure if they can bring that same nastiness those two teams bring to the table., but who knows or cares. Best part, NO FIGHTS in the two games against each other which was nice to see after indoor in winter NJ!

You are proud of 8th grade boys playing "nasty" and "angry"? Please get a grip. Teams that need to play that way are the ones that get frustrated that the the other team can move the ball around and score.

Game has changed from the 80-90s to now people. There are bigger better athletes playing lacrosse now than there ever was. Many of the B teams are just as good stick skill wise as the A teams but you will notice there usually is a slight size difference in favor of the A teams yes there is the exception that some A teams have some smaller players sprinkled in but as a whole most players are bigger. Now when you say nastiness I agree its more like speed of the game and the ability to hit and take a hit. This wears out the smaller teams that will hang with the A teams then they get physically worn down because of the size difference. Kids are bigger and faster than ever and hitting puberty earlier. With the one sport specialization kids skills are also higher than ever.

"hitting puberty earlier."

oh please share with us what journal you are citing with this (fact)....

Fact- some of the most physically dominant kids on the teams centered in this most recent discussion should, based on birth year, be in 9th grade. Others, yes, men among boys.

can you substantiate that claim of age discrepancies? please do provide documentation.