Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a father of a 2022, 2023 and 2025, let me tell you my observations. When my older boys were young, the boys in Orange had the most dominant teams, by a lot. They were the only really good team. As each year went past, things changed. Last weekend, my 2022 guys top orange team lost and the Orange B team won the A bracket. Both teams play second fiddle to express. This was inconceivable a few years ago. Smash was the best and no one else compared. Now they are in the mix with 4 teams. When my 2023 guy started, Bandits were the only good team. They're still the best, but they lost this season and are winning 1 goal games. There are now probably 5 really great teams in 2023. Again, 2 years ago no one would have believed it. Even the 2024 teams; Wolfpack used to be untouchable even last year. This year they've lost far more tourneys than they have won. Right now in our age group, Blast is the best. But, with the dynamic on that team with coaches and kids, that's going to change as more kids start playing travel in the next two years. So my advice is not to chase the top team. Find a coach who your son responds positively to and let the team be built over the next few seasons. If your son is a midfielder and is not top 4 in playing time or a second string attackman, he'll likely be replaced soon anyway. That's just the way it works.

That's great advice. And parents this isn't a don't play A message. It's more know what you want for your kid. Every kid and coach is different and finding that match is most important, right now...