Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Gg1j18
Originally Posted by Anonymous
be patient...YJ will soon offer a Pre-K division...

All kidding aside its different strokes for different folks
If your kid wants to play - let her play pal ball or travel if you are so inclined
But keep it in perspective
They are still babies

I completely agree. The key is fun. If they're having fun, any you can reasonably afford it, do it. Keep it in perspective. I think the stats are something like 1% of youth players play in college, or maybe thats just D1. Regardless if you're looking for a path for college tuition your money would be better invested in a 529c than a travel lax program. If your kid likes competing at a higher level and loves lacrosse then travel is a great way to make that happen.

For our part, my older daughter - older being 3rd grade lol, she enjoys travel lax. She likes the competitiveness and that all the kids try hard which she doesn't get in PAL. Will she even be playing lacrosse in 5 years? Who knows, she's 8. My younger one it remains to be seen whether she'll want to do it. She likes lax but she's not _that_ into it so I would be hesitant to put her into a travel program. The older one begged for it, the little one could give a crap.

Each kid is different, just make sure you and your kid are doing it for the right reasons. Hope that helps.

Relax a bit, you are in for a long ride ahead. If your daughter can tell the difference between 3rd grad PAL or travel you might just have a prodigy on your hands