Originally Posted by Anonymous
so your current 3rd grade daughter has been "playing up for a few years now"?...wow...amazing to know how driven she was in 1st grade...remarkable...

Kindergarten actually. And more like luck. One of those right place right time things. I'll tell you about it over a beer some day.

Relax a bit, you are in for a long ride ahead. If your daughter can tell the difference between 3rd grad PAL or travel you might just have a prodigy on your hands

I'm not so sure there is such a thing as a 3rd grade prodigy. There is a difference in the focus of 3rd grade travel kids vs. a good chunk (but not all) of the strictly PAL kids. Its either different interest levels, different maturity levels or both. All of which is likely to change over time. A great 3rd grade player might not be so great in a few years or might not even be playing and a terrible 3rd grade player could be the next Shannon Smith later on in life.

Wow sounds like you have this all figured out! I'm not sure if this is a joke or your third grader really has been competing on the travel lax circuit for several years now? Where exactly did she play and who did you compete against?