Originally Posted by Anonymous
Two Great Semifinal Games this weekend at NXT Cup;

Smash and United were back and forth with Smash winning late in the game 6-4. At one time United was up 2 goals.

On the Field next to them TLI was in a battle with Mesa Fresh that TLI won in OT. Unbelievable high level lacrosse being played by all 4 clubs.

Smash is Clearly #1. I think only 1 to 2 goals separates United, TLI, Igloo, Express and Team 32.

Lot of great lacrosse players at this age on LI.

Agreed. I would also include Daler Nation, Garden City, 3 Village and Port Washington into the mix as top town teams. If they are able to keep the boys together in house for the long term, I can't wait to see what they look like in a few years.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year with the town v. travel approach. Manhasset, 3V and Garden City have moved to the town approach where their kids only play for their town (non PAL) teams and they don't play travel. The other good town teams - CSH, Smithtown, Northport, Port Washington, Farmingdale come to mind - still have their top kids playing travel. It will be interesting to see if that continues or they move to the town model.

One day they'll realize that without a club you can't get into team recruiting events, when they reach that age. So NXT showcase, Adrenaline, etc will not be an option. And Jake Reed and Brine will be hard to get to without those club helmets. Have to really standout, sorry reality. So don't stand for those town ultimatums. Play both town and travel and tell the town huggers to go scratch and you'll decide what's best for your kid.

Agreed. But what if your town A team beats club teams regularly and the varsity coaches are involved in the town's spring and summer seasons? Then what? Do you still need a club to get the necessary looks for the showcases...

You do because the top team showcases are all invite only. I am not anti town summer lax. I am anti making a kid feel like he has to choose.