Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is a good lacrosse player, never played travel. All parents please help me here, why would I shell out $3,000+ (including travel) to join LI Express, Igloo or 91s B team? From what I read here manhasset has a town team better than all of those teams and team LI may be better also. So these teams are some combination of ranked 4-6 on LI. Seems smash is number 1, with nobody even close. Seems like a huge waste of money just so parents can say their kids are with a "top" organization. For half the price my son can get equal training, less pressure and more play time which equals more fun. Am I missing something?

What makes you think you would get equal training, less pressure and more play time on a town team? my personal experience, my kid got better playing on a B team without Daddy town coaches playing town politics. And his town team almost cost me the same amount as having him play for a travel team after all the "extras" were added. So, you need to find the best fit for your kid and family, that might be town or travel and it might not be on an A team.