Originally Posted by Anonymous

Who is smash? Sounds cheesy?

So is the hawks 2022 or 2021 going to beach lax or combination of teams

Just the 2022 Hawks team. (Not combined) The 2020, 2019, and 2018 Hawks will be there also, but not the 2021 team.

Should be good competition for Smash. Best of the Island playing the best of Maryland at the age group.

Smash is the best 2022 team in the country. They consistently beat top 2021 teams and have won every tournament they have entered on LI and out of state.

I'm seriously hoping that is a kid responding, if not someone seriously over spiked the Team 91 Koolaid. Smash is such a good team because they got the pick of kids at a young age and have made the experience great for parents and kids. No other team had a 2022 team in second grade except maybe Jesters. Smash has an amazing defense but their goalie situation is lacking and considering you have a hall of fame goalie for a coach that is an issue. The kids work hard and the parents put the time and money in. If they can continue to keep everyone happy they will be an amazing team. I doubt it will happen though eventually some of the smaller kids will be replaced by bigger kids with equal stick skills and more size. This is how club lax works, and if the parents of the kids don't see it coming switch to water the koolaid is blinding you. You have another year or two tops and then puberty will start kicking in and your sons extra large replacement will be arriving hopefully he brings a goalie with him.

You are talking about a 9 yr old goalie??? Seriously- how sad is it to call out a goalie at 9 yrs old??? Most kids do not even want to try that position- once they get hit- that is enough for them. He has many years to learn and obviously they saw something in him to take him on. Give the kid credit for taking on this position. There may be better goalies at this age- but I doubt anyone at this age is that consistent. I certainly hope the kid does not read this himself, how hurtful and sad for a grown adult to be calling out a 9 yr old playing this position.