Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the whole FCA and NPYLL thing came up because everyone thought FCA should be in the NPYLL not HOCO. They are a good team and should be in NPYLL with the other good teams. So if there is HOCO talk, Talk about the other teams in HOCO if they are winning anything or beating anyone. FCA is good we know.

I have had kids playing in the state of MD clubs for over 15 years now, and my oldest son is now a coach at a local club team. Full disclosure, we are NOT an FCA family but I have seen more in the recent years than I think is good for the sport that certain club teams are held out of the NPYLL league because the owner of the Crabs hates them and resents starting to lose to them. Bottom line is top to bottom, from high school teams down to U-11 FCA is clearly one of the elite mid Atlantic clubs and is one of the few clubs that has consistently been on a positive trajectory for the last 5 years. A lot of other programs rise and fall by the age group or as a program, but FCA has been consistent. All this trash talk about HOCO teams being glorified rec teams is pretty far off.

Look at the caliber of coaching you get at FCA, combine that with off-season retreats, dinners, team parties and a group of families that truly respects eachother and genuinely roots for eachother's children. And you get all this for a fraction of the cost of the Crab program (full disclosure, at FCA you dont get helmets and gloves)