Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
To say that the ACC is a 3 team conference is disparaging to some very good teams and it was simply pointed out that if you are going to say that than you might as well say the NCAA D1 is a four team conference. No one said all the teams in the ACC are equal to one another but to discount the other teams as irrelevant is ridiculous and the question was asked what teams from outside the ACC other than NW would be more competitive . I am no ND fan but the haters on here take a swipe at them every chance they get when realistically not many other teams have done better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I have read on here, there is one guy who has the opinion that no team with the exception of NU can compete with the other ACC teams. Others on here have the opinion (myself included) that there are several teams "this" and every year that can in fact compete with the majority of ACC teams. This year, The Big Ten and Ivy league did not compete as usual and many other traditional crossover games did not take place, this year was an aberration to say the least. There were posters on here all year long claiming "Maryland stinks" yet they played Duke to 1 goal (obviously they competed). Stony Brook was obviously competitive with the best team in the ACC so I would assume that they are competitive with the other ACC Teams. Florida was Competitive with Syracuse who is the #2 ACC team so I would say that Florida would be as competitive as the majority of ACC Teams. Since we will never know because the games never happened this year I think that it is reasonable to look at history in order to speculate on what things would have been like if this was a normal year.

The reality is that in recent years, The ACC has been a league dominated by 2 Teams, North Carolina and Boston College. I could care less about ND but the facts speaks for themselves, they have been very average in the ACC and they play a very soft non-conference schedule compared to many perennial Top 20 teams. Duke has even softened their non-conference schedule in recent years (although not to the extent ND has). Virginia and Syracuse play difficult non-conference schedules as do BC & UNC. Va Tech & Louisville are borderline Top 25 Programs so I believe their non-conference schedule are appropriate for them.

The one "poster" seems to be obsessed with "more competitive" as opposed to "as competitive" the problem with that is, we will never know because the games did not happen and never will never happen "this year" so we are left with nothing but opinion.

I have not seen a single post indicating that the ACC is not a strong conference or the deepest conference. However, the opinion that no other teams can compete with The ACC is just that, an opinion and we all know what they say about opinions.

Your whole post is non sense . The “ACC “ guy and long winded .He clearly is speaking about this year not past years and clearly was standing up for the ND , UVA , Duke , level teams in the ACC saying other than NW who would be more competitive in the ACC this year . It’s simple but you know it all types keep making up non existent comments .

Gibberish.