Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow Naptown, Blaze smoked Black Ice, but then was smoked themselves? Express out as well. Guess LI isn't too good in this age group!

So Long Island is not "too good" in this age group yet they had 3 teams in the quarter finals of Naptown. Had Icon been there, 4 LI teams would have made the quarters. Igloo and 9d1 were considered two of the top 5 teams in the country last year, yet 12 months later they aren't "too good". Hey genius, how many players on your son's team are in 8th grade for the second time? How many were born in the summer or fall of 2002. On LI, they would be rising sophomores. Or better yet, how many of your players are still 2020s and are planning on doing a post grad year so you feel it is ok for them to play down eh? How does a team from Illinois that didn't even win a B 2021 tournament on LI in the fall, make the finals of Naptown nine months later? Please tell. Enjoy your day. It won't last long.

Here is your answer as I was at Naptown and spoke with the parents of both finalist Eclipse and True National. You talk about bringing 2020s. Yes they both did. However both teams also had many 16 years olds that were 2019 kids. Some parents were against it. Both teams had only a couple of 14 year olds and mostly 15 and 16 year olds. Edge had 17 year olds playing in 2021. The finals are on tv today. It was win at all cost for the teams off lLong Island. Long Island teams made no changes and did not add older kids. So the two finalist played with 15 and 16 year olds agaist 13 and 14 year olds. The two older teams did the best. It is that simple.

how do you explain 3D Colorado beating 91 on 1st day. I'm sure they somehow cheated (apparently the only way a LI team loses)

The Long Island teams were all the same> No new players. I know each of those teams. 9d1 was missing kids. The word was that those kids played for crush. If you were there you would have seen that MOST of the teams except the Long Island teams and a couple of others were older. The older teams were not trying to hide it. These teams think this is proper age. Eclipse had 16 year olds. Same with True.These were not the same Eclipse and True teams that played last year. The parents of the few 14 and many 15 year olds were angry that those kids lost spots to older kids and were no longer starters. Denver - Colorado teams were older too. Not as old as True or Eclipse. One team was very good the other not as good but still good. Again if you were there you would have seen it. I have never seen 9d1,Igloo and express look small before yesterday. This is the way it is going to be until Long island teams catch up to the holdbacks and reclass. 2 year holdbacks are common now outside of New [lacrosse]. No excuses just the truth.