Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have their son play club lacrosse because their son likes the game and likes to compete? I find it comical that most posts end up talking about recruiting. Wake up a majority of our sons are not playing big time D1 lacrosse. Express, 91, Igloo, Icon, Outlaws, True Blue etc. That is 100 boys right there plus at least the first three programs have a second team. Yes the top few players on each team will play D1. The top teams will probably have several more who play D1. The rest are dreaming. Except in rare cases the scholarship money is not that significant. Teach your kid how to love the game and enjoy the highest level of competition. The rest will work itself out.

While I fully agree with most of what you posted, True Blue's 2017 class has at least 7 boys going on to play DI lacrosse. In that they are not even a top tier program, I am not sure your assessment about how many LI boys will play DI is accurate - but, yes, there is little lax scholarship money available for anyone given that every team has 12.6 scholarships, max, for teams of 40+.