Originally Posted by Anonymous
Have you ever tried to catch a mouse? Thats what its like out maneuvering a small quick attackman, unless you corner him!

I played D1 25 years ago (yeah, I'm old). I HATED covering small quick players at mid or attack. Also, gentlemen there is a difference between fast and quick. Obviously, athletic gifts are always helpful. I was an athlete with a less than stellar stick. In today's game, I would have played LSM. Times change.
LSM nowadays have better stick skills than the attack I played against when I was in college, 27 years ago. My 8th grade team would probably beat my HS team with the current rules.

Eh, you'd be surprised. I played in college back around the turn of this century (guess I'm a bit younger than you guys, ha!), and I still play in a few club leagues in New [lacrosse] (teammates are mostly recent D1 grads along with a number of current players).

Aside from more expensive equipment and much deeper college rosters, the game really hasn't changed too much.
When I played my job was crease defense. Anyone who came near the cage with the ball got leveled. No one step rule for body checks. As long as the player was looking at you, you could hit them. That was a different game than is played today.

Thank goodness it is a different game today than played back then. College coaches and NCAA is doing everything they can to take the violence out of lacrosse.