Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rankings for 2018 class out tonight. No surprises.

Only one kid from LI in the top 10, at #10. Not like the other years! 2017 and 2016 come out in the next two days. Expect to see better LI representation.

LI kids aren't going to show as well in rising frosh/soph lists. First, they are younger then almost everyone else on the list. 2 years younger in many cases. Second, the guy writing the lists isn't a player or a coach, just a wannabe. So the technical and mental abilities LI kids are known for aren't going to register with him as much as a double-repeat bowling some kid over. This list will look drastically different when they are rising sophs in college.

Say what you want about him, but he is spot on, for the most part. Has been doing this a over 5 years now. If you look at his rankings, then follow the kids in college, you will see they produce. There is also movement in the HS rankings. A watch list kid can improve to a Top 10 and vice versa. He does consult with college coaches who all know and respect his opinion. The kids that may be missed are those who play on either deep or week HS programs and don't play for a big club.
I have to say I have to reluctantly agree with this. I want to trash him like the next guy but watching the 2017 lists the last two years (my kid is a 2017 and is not on the list), there has been a fair amount of movement and the top 23 kids he calls 5-stars like in football, are unquestionably all studs. However, don't know that I agree with the statement that all college coaches "who all know and respect his opinion". He does consult with some, but this is a stretch based on firsthand experience where several think he is a bozo.