Actually my son LOVES to play in tournaments...he has played in a few already. I put him on the Jesters because they had no tryouts but they do play in tournaments. I chose to avoid Team 91 this year because he is only in 2nd grade, I have nothing against 91 but I don't feel the need to put my child through the pressure of tryouts at such a young age...I think he plays well for his age but what if he doesn't make the team...what if the entire experience at such a young age turns him off playing.

My son wanted to play in tournaments I am not trying to force him to play. The benefits are all in his head and I have to be honest I saw a totally different kid playing when I took him to Jesters practice, trying moves that I have never seen him try before. When I asked him what made him try that he said well I am around people I don't know so if I mess up I don't have to worry about it as much. He has been playing since pre-k every season before registration I ask him if he wants to play...he always has a choice in which sport he plays. He knows that he has to play something though...sitting inside playing video games in not an option. I appreciate the advice but my son WANTS to play so as long as that is the case I will put him in whatever he wants.