BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Playing up/ Playing down
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I was curious why parents need to be such jerks. My sons team won their game today 9-2, and the mom next to me was commenting on the fact that our team has kids who play down. Why is it that a team cant just win..if they win it is always because they cheated...how about they just practiced more or played harder. The fact that they will say all this in front of kids is the craziest part of all, we as parents are supposed to be the role model for our kids...grow up people!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Playing up/ Playing down
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
where did you play, whats your team, who did you play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you must be new to this. if so, get used to it.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I am not that new...my son plays on a second grade team, but my step son played all through HS and college. I don't want to get used to it, Just because a lot of parents do it doesn't make it right parents should learn to be good losers and not teach their kids that this is the appropriate way to act. If you don't like losing go out and hit the wall and practice..and not just when you have team lacrosse practice. Funniest part about the entire situation is that she was right about not all the kids being in 2nd grade...we have 2 first graders too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why didn't you correct the mother sitting next to you, excuse me but I could help but hear that you believe my childs team is cheating, let me assure you that is not the case and your sons team got it handed to them by legit age kids , thanks for your concern.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really does stink that you had to deal with something like that while watching your child play a game. It's unfortuante that even at such an early age as 2nd grade, many parents are already so jaded and concerned about how their children are being viewed.
I remember growing up playing football and travel basketball and all we cared about at the end of the game was who brought the snacks and where we were going for ice cream after.
Ultimately, i think the problem starts with the organizations and the mentality that many of these "coaches & professionals" are trying to instill into our kids. Whatever happened to playing for the love of the game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMom13
I am not that new...my son plays on a second grade team, but my step son played all through HS and college. I don't want to get used to it, Just because a lot of parents do it doesn't make it right parents should learn to be good losers and not teach their kids that this is the appropriate way to act. If you don't like losing go out and hit the wall and practice..and not just when you have team lacrosse practice. Funniest part about the entire situation is that she was right about not all the kids being in 2nd grade...we have 2 first graders too.

Not being judemental here, I promise. Why is your son playing travel lacrosse in 1st and 2nd grade??? Absolutely crazy... So much will change with these kids, there is no reason to do this. Please stop.. Just because they started having 2nd grade teams doesn't mean you have to have your kid play on one. The negatives from doing this far out wiegh any perceived benefit. No, I will not list the negatives for you, try to think it through. What's next? A pre K travel team....

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Actually my son LOVES to play in tournaments...he has played in a few already. I put him on the Jesters because they had no tryouts but they do play in tournaments. I chose to avoid Team 91 this year because he is only in 2nd grade, I have nothing against 91 but I don't feel the need to put my child through the pressure of tryouts at such a young age...I think he plays well for his age but what if he doesn't make the team...what if the entire experience at such a young age turns him off playing.

My son wanted to play in tournaments I am not trying to force him to play. The benefits are all in his head and I have to be honest I saw a totally different kid playing when I took him to Jesters practice, trying moves that I have never seen him try before. When I asked him what made him try that he said well I am around people I don't know so if I mess up I don't have to worry about it as much. He has been playing since pre-k every season before registration I ask him if he wants to play...he always has a choice in which sport he plays. He knows that he has to play something though...sitting inside playing video games in not an option. I appreciate the advice but my son WANTS to play so as long as that is the case I will put him in whatever he wants.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't shoot me down but my 6 month old cant walk but has pretty good stick skills. Any other dad out there want to form an elite stroller team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 sucks my sons team killed them 17- 1 waste of time when they get older

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Team91 is recruiting 8th grade players for their NAVY team, is this true??????????????

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
So snotty you are saying that even though my son WANTS to play...doesn't like to put his stick down that I should hold him back from playing because you don't think it is good for him. Well I guess if you in your sarcastic expertise think that is best then WOW I should just give him an xbox and call it a day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm in as long as we dont have to listen to Laxmom talk about her kid anymore.......GEEZ

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Well maybe I should just take a note from most of the other people on here and talk ABOUT other peoples kids. Seems to be much easier to point out flaws in other kids and other programs than worrying about your own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chilllllllll LaxMom, who cares, like really!!!!!! happy for you and your 2nd grader and blah blah blah blah blah.........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laxmom - take a breadth, go back and read all your posts - people were very helpful in answering your questions and will continue to be helpful if you have questions but lately it seems like a blog about one kid, relax and enjoy the ride.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard