Originally Posted by Anonymous
Having watched the Turtles play over the last few years, I appreciate that they function extremely well as a TEAM. They should, they have the commitment, time, and full resources to excel as a TEAM. Most teams, even the "A" teams ,are not as fortunate or able to give this commitment at this time. Potentially a reason they do not share the "stratosphere". They do have my respect for they accomplish as young kids.

Having watched them in tryouts over the last few years(yes, they are always there), I appreciate that they are individual boys. Some have great skill, others maybe less. I have witnessed many players at tryouts out perform individual Turtle players in various drills. Individual boys have skill that is on par with Turtle players. The Turtles excel as a TEAM. I respect all kids that push themselves to play their best.

I wouldn't be surprised if Many Turtles players play at the next level. I also wouldn't be surprised if many "other" players out perform individuals over the next few years and make names or TEAM associations forgetable. They are 12, time, size, maintained commitment, and maturity will decide much. I wish all our kids the best of luck in accomplishing their goals.

Mediocre? Let's say my son plays lacrosse, and other sports for that matter. Let's say he plays on an "A" team and contributes each time he steps on the field. Let's say he is an A+ student in an actual acadenically competitive school district and headed for honors next year. Let's say he has been defined by coaches and teachers as a leader and a unique individual. Let's say that he loves sports, and school, and his friends, that his goals in life are his to achieve and reach far beyond "the next level". Should we say he is mediocre?

Or should he work really hard, day in and day out playing lacrosse, and have his goal be MLL? so you can consider him more than mediocre? I really care what you think, please enlighten me.

Wow, your kid is amazing.

[quote=Anonymous]

The Turtles ... strive for excellence and in a world filled with mediocrity

Hyperbole much? You realize you are talking about 12-13 year olds, right? Good Lord - get a grip.

Say what you want, but take a look at those Turtle kids in 5 years from now, I can almost guarantee you a large majority of them will be playing this game at the next level. They are learning the value of hard work, dedication and teamwork, what's the problem with that?