BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 144 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you hit it on the head Laxinator. My son played 91 last year and our team, which came over from a different organization was then flooded with Hills kids and parents and totally went to junk. Everyone not from Hills left and did not return this year.
The attitude and the infighting that the attitudes brought was not worth it nor did we want to be associated with it. At the end of the season, my son turned to me and said "dad, i do not want to play for 91 ever again." That was enough for me and that came from an 11 year old.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sad, really don't why those Hills people act the way they do, but it has a trickle down affect on their children. They have a great program over there at the HILLS why don't they just do their own thing. They are used to running the show, and for some reason everyone caters to them. My children would never treat another human being the way this child did. I agree we are staying far away from Team91. They can have all those Hills peeps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Turtles in Another stratosphere?? Wow !! I will gen-u-flect the next time i am in their presence. 91 with their "big middies" will beat them this year.

The Turtles will smack the 91 A team around like they always do. 91 barely beat McManus team in the fall and 91 had a few 8th graders with em.

I dont understand everyones hostility towards the Turtles. They are an extremely good lacrosse team that seemingly work very hard at what they do. They strive for excellence and in a world filled with mediocrity I dont see anything wrong with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sad, really don't why those Hills people act the way they do, but it has a trickle down affect on their children. They have a great program over there at the HILLS why don't they just do their own thing. They are used to running the show, and for some reason everyone caters to them. My children would never treat another human being the way this child did. I agree we are staying far away from Team91. They can have all those Hills peeps

No one seems to like them Hills folks. Seems that same attitude carries over to 91, people seem to dislike them as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents should not write checks that their kids can't cash, its not fair to the kids that generally respect and enjoy one another to create this type of challenges and animosity. I have never seen a 91 kid and Express kid or whoever show any ill will toward each other...only the parents do that.

Parents should stay out of it and let the kids play and enjoy the game without creating this atmosphere of hate.

Have to disagree with you here. Kids are not immune to disliking one another and I have already seen some rivalries at this age group. I agree with you that the Parents do add fuel to the fire, but the boys are getting to the point where they develop rivalries that spill over off the field as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh brother. How did yhe koolaid taste. JM and 91 are ready to get into the stratusphere. Turtles will lose the faceoff battle against the big guys. Looks like the turtles will have to share the rarified air.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, Unless this is JM talking...you should keep quiet. Let the the players speak for themselves and stop the nonsense. Notice you dont see anyone on this site representing the Turtles saysin they are the best...they let the boys play. That's what matters.

What happens here is that people read this stuff, create an unnecessary conflict while hiding behind their computers and then send the kids out onto the field to battle it out.

Unless you are the coach of the team or a player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Turtles ... strive for excellence and in a world filled with mediocrity

Hyperbole much? You realize you are talking about 12-13 year olds, right? Good Lord - get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are from 91 ask yourself this question. Who didn't 91 Orange play in the last session of indoor? What other team was in there?

You played us (Three village) twice yet you didn't play another team that happened to win all their games? Interesting.

Figure it out yet?

HINT: The were Red and Blue and a few of them wore Purple helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY kid is on a orange 2017 team he is very happy. He looks forward to playing the Turtles because he respects them, he thinks they are great the way they pass,shoot,faceoff, play defense.He wants to be on the Turtles will it happen most likely not, but if that motivates him to do the side work to become a better player nonething wrong with that.Do I believe the Turtle kids are the best 21 kids on long island no.but they are the team to beat.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Hyperbole much? You realize you are talking about 12-13 year olds, right? Good Lord - get a grip.

Say what you want, but take a look at those Turtle kids in 5 years from now, I can almost guarantee you a large majority of them will be playing this game at the next level. They are learning the value of hard work, dedication and teamwork, what's the problem with that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are from 91 ask yourself this question. Who didn't 91 Orange play in the last session of indoor? What other team was in there?

You played us (Three village) twice yet you didn't play another team that happened to win all their games? Interesting.

Figure it out yet?

HINT: The were Red and Blue and a few of them wore Purple helmets.

LMAO, yeah JM doesn't like losing to town teams, thats for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY kid is on a orange 2017 team he is very happy. He looks forward to playing the Turtles because he respects them, he thinks they are great the way they pass,shoot,faceoff, play defense.He wants to be on the Turtles will it happen most likely not, but if that motivates him to do the side work to become a better player nonething wrong with that.Do I believe the Turtle kids are the best 21 kids on long island no.but they are the team to beat.

Mostly my son wants to be a turtle to get one of those uniforms, Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait 'til spring/summer when all this talk will be put to bed and the teams will settle this on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good recap. You know your facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh brother. How did yhe koolaid taste. JM and 91 are ready to get into the stratusphere. Turtles will lose the faceoff battle against the big guys. Looks like the turtles will have to share the rarified air.

The best "Big guy" faceoff man is playing for True Blue next best is with the Gladiators and already has played for the Turtles in Florida so they seem to have addressed their lack of size at the faceoff dot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having watched the Turtles play over the last few years, I appreciate that they function extremely well as a TEAM. They should, they have the commitment, time, and full resources to excel as a TEAM. Most teams, even the "A" teams ,are not as fortunate or able to give this commitment at this time. Potentially a reason they do not share the "stratosphere". They do have my respect for they accomplish as young kids.

Having watched them in tryouts over the last few years(yes, they are always there), I appreciate that they are individual boys. Some have great skill, others maybe less. I have witnessed many players at tryouts out perform individual Turtle players in various drills. Individual boys have skill that is on par with Turtle players. The Turtles excel as a TEAM. I respect all kids that push themselves to play their best.

I wouldn't be surprised if Many Turtles players play at the next level. I also wouldn't be surprised if many "other" players out perform individuals over the next few years and make names or TEAM associations forgetable. They are 12, time, size, maintained commitment, and maturity will decide much. I wish all our kids the best of luck in accomplishing their goals.

Mediocre? Let's say my son plays lacrosse, and other sports for that matter. Let's say he plays on an "A" team and contributes each time he steps on the field. Let's say he is an A+ student in an actual acadenically competitive school district and headed for honors next year. Let's say he has been defined by coaches and teachers as a leader and a unique individual. Let's say that he loves sports, and school, and his friends, that his goals in life are his to achieve and reach far beyond "the next level". Should we say he is mediocre?

Or should he work really hard, day in and day out playing lacrosse, and have his goal be MLL? so you can consider him more than mediocre? I really care what you think, please enlighten me.

[quote=Anonymous]

Say what you want, but take a look at those Turtle kids in 5 years from now, I can almost guarantee you a large majority of them will be playing this game at the next level. They are learning the value of hard work, dedication and teamwork, what's the problem with that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having watched the Turtles play over the last few years, I appreciate that they function extremely well as a TEAM. They should, they have the commitment, time, and full resources to excel as a TEAM. Most teams, even the "A" teams ,are not as fortunate or able to give this commitment at this time. Potentially a reason they do not share the "stratosphere". They do have my respect for they accomplish as young kids.

Having watched them in tryouts over the last few years(yes, they are always there), I appreciate that they are individual boys. Some have great skill, others maybe less. I have witnessed many players at tryouts out perform individual Turtle players in various drills. Individual boys have skill that is on par with Turtle players. The Turtles excel as a TEAM. I respect all kids that push themselves to play their best.

I wouldn't be surprised if Many Turtles players play at the next level. I also wouldn't be surprised if many "other" players out perform individuals over the next few years and make names or TEAM associations forgetable. They are 12, time, size, maintained commitment, and maturity will decide much. I wish all our kids the best of luck in accomplishing their goals.

Mediocre? Let's say my son plays lacrosse, and other sports for that matter. Let's say he plays on an "A" team and contributes each time he steps on the field. Let's say he is an A+ student in an actual acadenically competitive school district and headed for honors next year. Let's say he has been defined by coaches and teachers as a leader and a unique individual. Let's say that he loves sports, and school, and his friends, that his goals in life are his to achieve and reach far beyond "the next level". Should we say he is mediocre?

Or should he work really hard, day in and day out playing lacrosse, and have his goal be MLL? so you can consider him more than mediocre? I really care what you think, please enlighten me.

Wow, your kid is amazing.

[quote=Anonymous]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The best "Big guy" faceoff man is playing for True Blue next best is with the Gladiators and already has played for the Turtles in Florida so they seem to have addressed their lack of size at the faceoff dot.

The best 2017 Faceoff kid right now hands down is from Smithtown hands down. That being said it's not about "how big" you are at faceoff, reflexes, reading your opponent, best groundball player, practice, practice and practice. Trust me ask the players all on different teams who train with the same coach they all know who the top 5 are. Let's see what happens in the summer some will be surprised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play at the next level they are 12-13 year old middle school kids, the next level is high school .Playing at the next level is no big deal but you guys seem to think your kids are going straight into D1 lacrosse . I have seen in every sport many of the 12 year old exceptional kids turn out to be exceptional high school players however just as many do not.The top 5-6 players make the team what it is and the rest are usually interchangeable with other solid players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you took this totally the wrong way. I was in no way referring to anyones child as mediocre, I was commenting on modern day society's acceptance of the average and mediocre, however when someone strives for excellence, he is considered "over the top" or "crazy".

I'm sure your son is special just like mine is, and regardless of lacrosse, all kids are capable of great things.

Apologies if you took offense, that was not my intention at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accepted, understood, and agree.

I think you took this totally the wrong way. I was in no way referring to anyones child as mediocre, I was commenting on modern day society's acceptance of the average and mediocre, however when someone strives for excellence, he is considered "over the top" or "crazy".

I'm sure your son is special just like mine is, and regardless of lacrosse, all kids are capable of great things.

Apologies if you took offense, that was not my intention at all [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Powers coaching the 2014 Orange Team or just the Turtles?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Powers coaching the 2014 Orange Team or just the Turtles?

Powers trains the Turtles but coaches the older teams over each summer. He does not coach the Turtles during the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone can train with Powers.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Non-Sponsor Reference
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just call the store that JD owns and they will tell you how to sign up for a Powers clinic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just call the store that JD owns and they will tell you how to sign up for a Powers clinic

He usually does clinics with the older kids through Lax Unlimited. Other than JV and Varsity he doesnt usually work with the younger kids other than the Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe that Coach Powers only works with High School players with his clinics offering during winter, correct??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched Express 7th grade Orange (McManess?) a couple of nights ago in a lighthouse game vs fl$ 8th grade. Anyone whom thinks that express team is weak is crazy. Express was scoring at will & defense was great in the whole 1st half against a talent older fl$ group. My son town played before them so we stuck around till halftime to watch, anyone know final score?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2017 orange McManus beat 2016 fl$, 10 to 7 was the final score. McManus was up 6 2 at half. This team is coming together quick. Defense was solid, midde play was very good. Face offs strong. Attack feeds to middies were on a rope. Impressive looking for this night. I know it's indoor. Still a good looking team at this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$, killed korwan's team.
1< Turtles
2< McManus
3< korwan

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$, killed korwan's team.
1< Turtles
2< McManus
3< korwan

Have they even played each other yet? Why don't you let the kids play each other first.

Love people that talk smack and have no idea of what they are talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mcmannus team lost to a 6th grade express team in the OBLL Thanksgiving tournament . Is this the same team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes 2017 Express Korwan lost to 2016 fl$, 2017 Express McManus beat 2016 fl$. Let us now establish our "pre-season" rankings based on these unpredictable and often underprepared winter "fun" games.

Fall- Yes 2017 Express McManus lost to 2018 Express Orange at Turkey Shootout. Interestingly, 2017 Express Korwan beat 2018 Express Orange in a Fall Scrimmage.

All these teams were the "same" teams that either won or lost in a possibly unexpected way at some point in the fall or winter. Korwan's team returned maybe 10 players from last year, McManus had similar situation but maybe not as significant. Korwan's team is deep, as the players get to know each other and fullfill their roles they will do well Kids will step up and teams will gel more as spring/summer approach.

The 2017 Express teams will play each other before the tournament season is over, hopefully more than once. I think the games are going to be competitive, and, simply fun.

Mcmannus team lost to a 6th grade express team in the OBLL Thanksgiving tournament . Is this the same team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, 2017 McManus lost to the best 6th grade team in the Country! McManus team was winning throughout the contest, just made some mistakes and the 6th grade team took advantage of those mistakes. Funny thing is that 6th grade team trains a lot with several of McManus guys all the time, as does a couple if Korwins guys!

Point is, it's ALL GOOD for Express! All are kids be it 6th, 7th or 8th grade are working together to get better!

PS- McManus team looked like EXCELLENT against a strong fl$ 2016 unit! Beat'em up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]fl$, killed korwan's team.
1< Turtles
2< McManus
3< korwan [/quote

1. Turtles
2. Korwan
3. Crimi
4. McManus

Wow this is fun

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
And the good news is theere all Express teams....roll EXPRESS roll!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1< Turtles
2< McManus
3< korwan [/quote

1. Turtles
2. Korwan
3. Crimi
4. McManus

Wow this is fun

You have to be a 91 employee or parent. Crimi?
1-Trutles
2-Orange (Mcmaness)
3-Pirannahs (Korwin)
4-Crimi

But I agree, ROLL EXPRESS ROLL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1< Turtles
2< McManus
3< korwan [/quote

Who really cares? There are 3 really good teams at this level that will be competetive all season. If this makes you feel better about your son being on McManus team good for you.

Say what you want about the Express, but my son has been with this organization for 2 years and it has been nothing but a positive experience with the exception of the venom that is spit around by the parents. I dont understand why everyone is so threatened by having another quality team at this age group? The more the merrier I say, my son has friends on all the Express 2017 teams, it makes absolutely no difference to him what team he plays on. Hes happy where he is, and to me thats all that matters.

]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 3 express teams are probably the 3 top teams in the tri-state area. They will continue to win games and tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 144 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard