Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I predict that DCE black is going to get its clock cleaned. Book it.

Prediction for October Invitational:
Next Level Blue 3-0.....will have an average margin of victory of 7
Crabs 2-1
DC Express 1-2
Predators 0-3

Next Level Red will go 3-0 in A division

Monday morning observations:

--Predictions above were mixed. DCE Black didn't "get its clock cleaned," were definitely in position to win versus Crabs and NL but penalties and turnovers in the second half hurt them. Every single Crabs goal in the second half of the DCE game was man up and I'm pretty sure it was the same player each time.
--NL did well but did not go 3-0, and thinking that they would have an avg margin of victory of seven goals was laughable, they rarely score more than seven goals total, plus there's no shot clock in these games so the results tend to be lower scoring overall.
--Crabs are good but not great. Despite what some posters above said, I didn't notice that they had any major size advantage over NL/DCE. Each of those teams has a bunch of really big dudes. Guys are now 14 (or are supposed to be...) and we're seeing kids who've hit their growth spurts, and some of their teammates haven't. Also I'm sure all three of those teams have some holdbacks, I have no idea how many, even on my own kid's team.
--IMO Hawks and FCA are still the class of Hoco Elite. DCE/NL/Crabs prob battling for third place. Anything can happen in the playoffs but more than likely FCA or Hawks will be spring champs.
--Preds should have played in the A division. They battled hard but were overmatched.
--DCE Orange has made a big leap. Last spring were knocked out in the 2028 A championship. This weekend they beat FCA White, who went 5-2 in AAA, and also beat the team that beat them in in the A championship (Hoco).
--Looks like there's a Crabs B team (Crabs Blue), they went 2-1.
--NL Red went 0-3 so have some work to do.

It's just Fall ball, teams are trying new lineup combos, integrating new players, etc etc so hard to draw too many conclusions but that's basically what I saw. Flame away.