BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,820
Posts392,374
Members2,611
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 81 of 85 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Summer Tournament Power Rankings
#1 Crush
#2 Hero’s Green
#3 Coppermine Black
#4 Skywalkers Blue
#5 Pride
#6 Stars
#7 M&D Black
#8 MDU
#9 FCA
#10 Hero’s White[/quote

Tier 1
Coppermine
Hero’s
Crush

Tier 2
Skywslkers
Pride
MDU

Tier 3
M&D Black
Stars
FCA
M&D Red

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
#1 Crush
#2 Hero’s Green
#3 Coppermine Black
#4 Skywalkers Blue
#5 Pride
#6 Stars
#7 M&D Black
#8 MDU
#9 FCA
#10 Hero’s White[/quote

Tier 1
Coppermine
Hero’s
Crush

Tier 2
Skywslkers
Pride
MDU

Tier 3
M&D Black
Stars
FCA
M&D Red

Pride in tier 2? Laughable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 Crush
#2 Hero’s Green
#3 Coppermine Black
#4 Skywalkers Blue
#5 Pride
#6 Stars
#7 M&D Black
#8 MDU
#9 FCA
#10 Hero’s White[/quote

Tier 1
Coppermine
Hero’s
Crush

Tier 2
Skywslkers
Pride
MDU

Tier 3
M&D Black
Stars
FCA
M&D Red

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 Crush
#2 Hero’s Green
#3 Coppermine Black
#4 Skywalkers Blue
#5 Pride
#6 Stars
#7 M&D Black
#8 MDU
#9 FCA
#10 Hero’s White[/quote

Tier 1
Coppermine
Hero’s
Crush

Tier 2
Skywslkers
Pride
MDU

Tier 3
M&D Black
Stars
FCA
M&D Red

Pride in tier 2? Laudable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the AS MD team roster be released? Gotta see this one.
Early info says the selections are a joke! I had to shake my head at a couple of them...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 Crush
#2 Hero’s Green
#3 Coppermine Black
#4 Skywalkers Blue
#5 Pride
#6 Stars
#7 M&D Black
#8 MDU
#9 FCA
#10 Hero’s White[/quote

Tier 1
Coppermine
Hero’s
Crush

Tier 2
Skywslkers
Pride
MDU

Tier 3
M&D Black
Stars
FCA
M&D Red

Just because you post it twice doesn't make it more laughable. Move Pride to Tier 3 then...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 Crush
#2 Hero’s Green
#3 Coppermine Black
#4 Skywalkers Blue
#5 Pride
#6 Stars
#7 M&D Black
#8 MDU
#9 FCA
#10 Hero’s White[/quote

Tier 1
Coppermine
Hero’s
Crush

Tier 2
Skywslkers
Pride
MDU

Tier 3
M&D Black
Stars
FCA
M&D Red

This person is just trying to get a rise out of certain parents. Don't give in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 Crush
#2 Hero’s Green
#3 Coppermine Black
#4 Skywalkers Blue
#5 Pride
#6 Stars
#7 M&D Black
#8 MDU
#9 FCA
#10 Hero’s White[/quote

Tier 1
Coppermine
Hero’s
Crush

Tier 2
Skywslkers
Pride
MDU

Tier 3
M&D Black
Stars
FCA
M&D Red

Hero’s White? Who have they beat and what is their ranking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early info says the selections are a joke! I had to shake my head at a couple of them...

I will say it does show that the selection process was not political but I do think shows the tryout process was flawed that so many talented girls did not even make the callback. Was not enough time in front of evaluators with balls in the girls sticks for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did invites go out for both red and yellow? Only heard of red so far

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure there is a yellow 2028 team? Website lists 2 coaches at 2028 year so made it look like there wasn't, though I'm sure if there are enough players they will find a way.

Maybe they hold back yellow invites in the event that a red player declines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe they were released at the same time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will say it does show that the selection process was not political but I do think shows the tryout process was flawed that so many talented girls did not even make the callback. Was not enough time in front of evaluators with balls in the girls sticks for sure.

Email them and let them know this. I think they would want to know. It’s a good event but Md tryouts are a joke and evaluators aren’t good at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Invites for both teams went out at the same time last night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 Crush
#2 Hero’s Green
#3 Coppermine Black
#4 Skywalkers Blue
#5 Pride
#6 Stars
#7 M&D Black
#8 MDU
#9 FCA
#10 Hero’s White[/quote

Tier 1
Coppermine
Hero’s
Crush

Tier 2
Skywslkers
Pride
MDU

Tier 3
M&D Black
Stars
FCA
M&D Red

M&D Black is tier 2 to be sure. Putting them in tier 3 is just disrespectful. Pride is certainly in tier 2, their last game against Sky Walkers, and trolls seeking a rise out of certain posters notwithstanding. Agree with the rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I warned this forum many times to stop wasting your money and save it for a vacation. It’s nothing but a money grab. These rosters are decided before tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I warned this forum many times to stop wasting your money and save it for a vacation. It’s nothing but a money grab. These rosters are decided before tryouts.

These rosters were certainly not decided before tryouts as I assume the very good Heros players would have made the callbacks as all of the coaches are from the Heros club. It will be surprising to people when they see the rosters and top players for MD clubs not on it yet reserves on those clubs "B" teams made it. Obviously those B team players have no pull in this system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was a post from another forum on this topic that may be appropriate here: "I have a few challenges to this line of thinking. If a player didn’t make a team it doesn’t mean that the process was political or flawed. It’s entirely possible they didn’t play better than the other girls over the course of the tryout. Also, as it relates to “top”players, there are 4 truly dominant 2028 players in our area - the 3 Coppermine mids and the Hero mid. They stand out in every game. Maybe you add another 5-6 that come right below them, but there are not 20-30 players that are top-top and would be automatic to make these teams. There is a lot of closely matched talent and players throughout this region. There are also a lot of non-middies on these top teams that are highly athletic with great stick skills and get a chance to shine in these tryouts where they don’t always don’t get to on their club team based on their role. Girls should look in the mirror if they didn’t get the result they wanted versus blaming the evaluators and the process."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was a post from another forum on this topic that may be appropriate here: "I have a few challenges to this line of thinking. If a player didn’t make a team it doesn’t mean that the process was political or flawed. It’s entirely possible they didn’t play better than the other girls over the course of the tryout. Also, as it relates to “top”players, there are 4 truly dominant 2028 players in our area - the 3 Coppermine mids and the Hero mid. They stand out in every game. Maybe you add another 5-6 that come right below them, but there are not 20-30 players that are top-top and would be automatic to make these teams. There is a lot of closely matched talent and players throughout this region. There are also a lot of non-middies on these top teams that are highly athletic with great stick skills and get a chance to shine in these tryouts where they don’t always don’t get to on their club team based on their role. Girls should look in the mirror if they didn’t get the result they wanted versus blaming the evaluators and the process."

This may be shocking to you, but there are more than just 4 dominant players at 2028. End of day, the parents on the teams know the star players on their own team. They know that Sally is a backup and Molly scores 30% of the team goals and get 50% of the draws, If Sally made the team and Molly didn't get a callback, its a major red flag and yes, it speaks to the "quality of the evaluation" process. Too many girls, not enough educated eyes? Poor drills that do not show talent? I don't know, but I do know its not a case of "girls needing to look in mirror". Give me a break.

Congrats on your kid making a team though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This may be shocking to you, but there are more than just 4 dominant players at 2028. End of day, the parents on the teams know the star players on their own team. They know that Sally is a backup and Molly scores 30% of the team goals and get 50% of the draws, If Sally made the team and Molly didn't get a callback, its a major red flag and yes, it speaks to the "quality of the evaluation" process. Too many girls, not enough educated eyes? Poor drills that do not show talent? I don't know, but I do know its not a case of "girls needing to look in mirror". Give me a break.

NAILED IT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know Coppermine* dad “another forum” Your big 3 are the best but where were they when Big Bad Crush beat them in the NGLL Championship when it mattered the most? That’s what I thought!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]When will the AS MD team roster be released? Gotta see this one.

3 top kids did not try out! There are only a handful in the area that are dominant. Same with any area. Some very good quality after that but elite will be defined by colleges when recruiting in another 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something to consider is that sometimes a really good player can have just an average tryout and an average player can have a great tryout.

Most of these tryouts are only a couple of hours with lots of kids, sometimes it’s your day and sometimes it’s not. So it’s possible that the evaluators actually select based just off that single day. It’s how you tryout that day, not what you have done all season or year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it every time someone's kid doesn't make one of these All star teams, it always resorts to "Evaluators are bad, the coaches don't know what's going on, not enough drills etc". How about realizing that just cause little Suzy gets "hyped" as the leading scorer on their club team, doesn't mean there are better players out there and in the all start tryout format, everyone starts at ground zero. Lots of starters out there on top club teams that when they get into the all star tryout don't measure up to other better athletes and better players. That's a fact whether people like it or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Aces girl would not really be a great addition to Hero’s, Coppermine or anyone down here. Recent MnD add dad is trying to redirect the chat.

Hero's is picking up 2 new players for the summer season?

If Aces attacker is the 1st, who is the 2nd?

M&D mid winter pickup going over too.
3 teams in one year. Has to be a new record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sums it up perfectly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor evaluating this year and last for MD. Sounds like all the age groups have a few kids that got overlooked when they shouldn’t have. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Aces girl would not really be a great addition to Hero’s, Coppermine or anyone down here. Recent MnD add dad is trying to redirect the chat.

That poor girl will not survive another club team or high school with her dad trying to control what is way over his head. Can’t wait to see him try to walk out on the field at McD and try to direct the coach. His reputation is killing hers. College coaches won’t go near that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That poor girl will not survive another club team or high school with her dad trying to control what is way over his head. Can’t wait to see him try to walk out on the field at McD and try to direct the coach. His reputation is killing hers. College coaches won’t go near that one.

This is obviously the same person commenting over and over about this guy. It’s weird. Let it go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor evaluating this year and last for MD. Sounds like all the age groups have a few kids that got overlooked when they shouldn’t have. SMH

I will start by saying my kid made it. I would say of the 4 hours of tryouts, girls were in front of the evaluators actually being evaluated 35-40 minutes. The girls that were able to stand out during those 35-40 minutes made it while those that didn't did not make it. But that amount of time is certainly going to lead to mistakes by evaluators on both ends of the spectrum. But kids and parents will continue to pay and show up so there is really no incentive for them to change it. Events that are "highlight reel" application only have their own issues as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will start by saying my kid made it. I would say of the 4 hours of tryouts, girls were in front of the evaluators actually being evaluated 35-40 minutes. The girls that were able to stand out during those 35-40 minutes made it while those that didn't did not make it. But that amount of time is certainly going to lead to mistakes by evaluators on both ends of the spectrum. But kids and parents will continue to pay and show up so there is really no incentive for them to change it. Events that are "highlight reel" application only have their own issues as well.

In the 4 hour tryout, outside of the 45 minutes, what exactly was going on with players and evaluators? What happened the other 3 hours?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the 4 hour tryout, outside of the 45 minutes, what exactly was going on with players and evaluators? What happened the other 3 hours?

First hour was four 15 minute stations. Evaluators were only watching the 1 station (a 6's game) where girls played half the time. Hours 2-3:30 were full field 20 minute scimmages (so most girls played about 10 minutes each scrimmage). Each of the 4 teams played each other (so two playing while two sat) but during the last two scrimmages evaluators weren't watching the games they were huddled together making decisions. Then cuts were made. Last 30 minutes girls played 7v7 in two groups while evaluators watched but did not have their clipboards with them. Coincidentally all the girls on one side made red while the other side made yellow so what you did after cuts didn't matter either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evaluators also spent most of the time evaluating from chairs on the sideline, not up moving around assessing girls. If a player was not in their line of site or on their side of the field they were at the disadvantage. Could be a factor in some of the "misses." Agree about last 30min. Evaluators left before final game was over so really didn't matter what you did after cuts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no rosters posted for MD Am Select??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most regions post 2-3 weeks post tryouts. Can’t post the team until everyone accepts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check out the girls 2029 thread about this topic. Hoping it is not the case that the roster process taking longer due to back door negotiations on girls that were originally cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most regions post 2-3 weeks post tryouts. Can’t post the team until everyone accepts.

You only have a few days to accept. Lots of shady deals going on right now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check out the girls 2029 thread about this topic. Hoping it is not the case that the roster process taking longer due to back door negotiations on girls that were originally cut.

Wow - the level of fool on that thread is off the charts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t it a holiday weekend? Pattern online looks like it is a week and a day, then they post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the latest scoop? Any rumors on movement pre tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
Page 81 of 85 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard