Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A few post-9/1 thoughts:

- If you still think 'best club team' or wins and losses really matter then you're not doing what's best for your son or daughter
- The so-called "expertise" you find here and on other forums is the exact opposite
- You definitely do not need to be on a big brand team to get D1 attention on Day 1
- Every kid is going to be different so stop comparing your son or daughter to their friends/teammates/opponents
- Inside Lacrosse is doing a great podcast series with coaches that covers recruiting. You'll learn a lot by listening.

Agree with most of this: most expertise on this forum is anecdotal or emotional opinion.

Ironically I do think you may have an emotional bias against big name clubs which is maybe my one point of disagreement. Which non big brand club (outside top 50) had a Sep commit so far. Genuinely curious and I haven’t done the research on all the commits but I feel like they have almost all been Big Brand Club or Big Brand High School

Scroll down the D1 commitments page on Inside Lacrosse and there are 2 from public High Schools on LI. 1 plays for not a big brand club. One plays for the club combo team.

Nearly every other D1 commit so far is from a private high school.