BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,292
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Re: Boys 2030 Midatlantic
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not! I ref basketball because I love the game, but if you’re going to do it, please put in the effort!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain to me how 91 made it to the playoffs. it looks like the Clippers had more goals for and less goals Against than 91. I am confused

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone explain to me how 91 made it to the playoffs. it looks like the Clippers had more goals for and less goals Against than 91. I am confused

Three way tie with no head to head it goes to next tie breaker which is total winning percentage of all the teams you beat. If that doesn’t answer your question the tie breakers are on the league home page

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tie Breaking - End of season tie breaker procedures:
1. Record/Winning percentage
2. Head to Head
3. Total winning percentage of teams you have beaten
4. Total winning percentage of all your opponents
5. Total goals scored against
6. Coin Toss/Card Draw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tie Breaking - End of season tie breaker procedures:
1. Record/Winning percentage
2. Head to Head
3. Total winning percentage of teams you have beaten
4. Total winning percentage of all your opponents
5. Total goals scored against
6. Coin Toss/Card Draw

Looks like #3 was the deciding factor here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s a wonky formula …how is that even managed? Win %, head to head, goals against …keep it easy and leave nothing for interpretation. Either way, great spring season in this age…what a turnaround for 91.

Could be an interesting final 4 ….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clippers you're right were you belong. Once a Hawk always a Hawk!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks are terrible - 1 goal scorer does not make a team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks are terrible - 1 goal scorer does not make a team
fool how the Hawks let this happen. Time to clean house.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That goal scorer is a good player …wonder where he’ll end up next year?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wherever it is, good luck to the parents that have to put up with that kid’s dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOT TAKE!

HOCO Championship

NL vs CRABS with NL suffering their 1st loss of the year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wherever it is, good luck to the parents that have to put up with that kid’s dad

He talks a lot but other than that, what else does he do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it’s who I am thinking of, nothing major other than loudly insulting the kid’s teammates, coaches, and opponents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get scouting report on NXT black 2030 and FCA we play them in NAL and haven’t played them ever. Thnks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT: big poles, tough D but play out and get caught
FO is most of their offense, is really good. Lack size on offensive side but well coached…love the wheel to 99.
I’ve watched them compete w top teams like Dukes, seen them lose to subpar teams like Stars and Stripes so…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just discovered this site/blog. Parent observation. Annapolis based. Kid is good, but not great.

1. Every lax game we've attended in 4 years (from lowest level to Elite) has the contingent of loud parents yelling at (i) the refs and (ii) their kids. Every game. Every level.

2. These parents don't realize how embarrassing it is. For some, it seems involuntary.

3. These parents don't realize that it harms the kid emotionally, either eventually or immediately.

4. Never seen a sport with the refs abused more than lax. Never seen a sport where the refs actually respond to the yelling in the stands.

5. If a kid is successful in high school and/or college, it is because he or she is talented (mostly born with it) and has worked hard and is coached well. It is not because of all of the parent stuff (and almost certainly in spite of it).

6. Most of these coaches are volunteering their (and their family's) time coaching these kids. Thank them regularly - or at least at the end of the season.

Finally, there is a contingent of parents in the stands that very much enjoy watching and listening to the vocal parents inserting themselves into the yourth sporting event. It is a little pathetic, but entertaining nonetheless.

You're not totally wrong, but you are a bit judgmental. I'll help you. #1 is correct. Good job. #2 varies from parent to parent. Some parents are self-aware but don't care. Others want to yell but don't have it in them. Some are absolutely nuts. Some are encouraging. Some are not, and so on and so forth. #3 is an assumption on both kids and parents. Know your kid, treat them accordingly. This isn't rec, a lot of these kids are wired a touch differently, and some of these kids already know what works or doesn't work for them. #4 prob true. #5 is true but misses the mark. There are plenty of talented kids who won't play in HS or college because their parents didn't do enough of the more positive aspects of "parent stuff". 6. Generally you're right, but there's a minimum standard of what's considered acceptable, and there have been times this season when the officiating has fallen short. Refs aren't the only ones making sacrifices. As parents, we make plenty of sacrifices with our time etc between practices, tournaments, etc...and these kids deserve a minimum level of competence in the refs. There have been times -- objectively speaking (since we were on the winning side of a bad call) -- where the outcomes were directly impacted by incompetence.

So you do you. Post on a forum frequently visited by intense lacrosse parents, hop on your soap box, criticize parents, and then announce how you enjoy laughing at others and calling them pathetic. Pretty ironic that you think you're any better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great response!
To the Annapolis Dad; spend less time being critical, more time helping your son improve. Maybe he’s good not great because your sanctimonious attitude validates not putting in the work. “Look at these fool people, just have fun bud”
Instead of laughing at other parents, try talking to them and laughing with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite Final

FCA - 8
NL - 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOT TAKE!

HOCO Championship

NL vs CRABS with NL suffering their 1st loss of the year!
well you were right about 1 thing. NXT did take their first loss of the season. nice job FCA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks anything on FCA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA very well coached and disciplined team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks anything on FCA?
FCA has a ton of depth on both offense and defense. As seen today when they turn it on they can beat the #1 team in the country. Unlike other teams they don’t have just 1 or 2 players that can score. Their defense isn’t afraid of contact. i would say if you are playing them bring your A game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just discovered this site/blog. Parent observation. Annapolis based. Kid is good, but not great.

1. Every lax game we've attended in 4 years (from lowest level to Elite) has the contingent of loud parents yelling at (i) the refs and (ii) their kids. Every game. Every level.

2. These parents don't realize how embarrassing it is. For some, it seems involuntary.

3. These parents don't realize that it harms the kid emotionally, either eventually or immediately.

4. Never seen a sport with the refs abused more than lax. Never seen a sport where the refs actually respond to the yelling in the stands.

5. If a kid is successful in high school and/or college, it is because he or she is talented (mostly born with it) and has worked hard and is coached well. It is not because of all of the parent stuff (and almost certainly in spite of it).

6. Most of these coaches are volunteering their (and their family's) time coaching these kids. Thank them regularly - or at least at the end of the season.

Finally, there is a contingent of parents in the stands that very much enjoy watching and listening to the vocal parents inserting themselves into the yourth sporting event. It is a little pathetic, but entertaining nonetheless.

You're not totally wrong, but you are a bit judgmental. I'll help you. #1 is correct. Good job. #2 varies from parent to parent. Some parents are self-aware but don't care. Others want to yell but don't have it in them. Some are absolutely nuts. Some are encouraging. Some are not, and so on and so forth. #3 is an assumption on both kids and parents. Know your kid, treat them accordingly. This isn't rec, a lot of these kids are wired a touch differently, and some of these kids already know what works or doesn't work for them. #4 prob true. #5 is true but misses the mark. There are plenty of talented kids who won't play in HS or college because their parents didn't do enough of the more positive aspects of "parent stuff". 6. Generally you're right, but there's a minimum standard of what's considered acceptable, and there have been times this season when the officiating has fallen short. Refs aren't the only ones making sacrifices. As parents, we make plenty of sacrifices with our time etc between practices, tournaments, etc...and these kids deserve a minimum level of competence in the refs. There have been times -- objectively speaking (since we were on the winning side of a bad call) -- where the outcomes were directly impacted by incompetence.

So you do you. Post on a forum frequently visited by intense lacrosse parents, hop on your soap box, criticize parents, and then announce how you enjoy laughing at others and calling them pathetic. Pretty ironic that you think you're any better.

Great response!
To the Annapolis Dad; spend less time being critical, more time helping your son improve. Maybe he’s good not great because your sanctimonious attitude validates not putting in the work. “Look at these fool people, just have fun bud”

Annapolis Dad, No response goes unnoticed when it hits home. This place teaches parents how to be elite lacrosse D1 parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great response!

Annapolis Dad, No response goes unnoticed when it hits home. This place teaches parents how to be elite lacrosse D1 parents.

This place teaches Trolls how to be trolls... it is good to remember as a parent this is your kids journey and not yours. The Refs are part of the game, some will be good and some not so much. The one constant is the most annoying parents are the parents on the opposing team. Don't worry they are thinking the same thing about you.

I have been a lacrosse coach for 10 years and a lacrosse parent for longer than that and it is always hard to watch your kids working extra hard at a thing to have a crappy ref make horrible calls and have to look at the disappointment in the kids eyes.

This weekend we were playing a team where the parents were loudly talking about there own teammates and saying things like "That kid doesn't belong on this team" and "I don't even know why they are playing that kid". <---- Try to guess the team. Hint: only 4 teams played this weekend

All I'm saying is just cause someone does not act the way you want them to doesn't mean they're bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite Final
FCA - 8
NL - 5
Well Well Well! NL, the grass is not always greener on the other side. Wondering if they will move back to BLC. Is NL leadership going to rethink daddy coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First loss of the year for those NL boys and you come on here to deride? At some point, a loss was coming, just didn’t see it against FCA, congrats to them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First loss of the year for those NL boys and you come on here to deride? At some point, a loss was coming, just didn’t see it against FCA, congrats to them
Not sure why you would think they wouldn't loose to a better team Like FCA. NXT's whole offense is tied to 2 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be curious how they assign different refs to games. I noticed some of the refs ,at least in the elite games, are the same guys I see at some MIAA games. Do the best refs get the elite games and so on? Of all the games I saw I can only remember walking away from one or two thinking the refs did well (I was pleasantly surprised after the Hawks v FCA game earlier this year as an example). Do they use HOCO as a training ground for high school refs? It feels like that should be what rec leagues are for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was supposed because NL is one of the top programs at the 2030 level and FCA is not. Pretty simple really. We’ll see if this continues through the summer, doubtful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be curious how they assign different refs to games. I noticed some of the refs ,at least in the elite games, are the same guys I see at some MIAA games. Do the best refs get the elite games and so on? Of all the games I saw I can only remember walking away from one or two thinking the refs did well (I was pleasantly surprised after the Hawks v FCA game earlier this year as an example). Do they use HOCO as a training ground for high school refs? It feels like that should be what rec leagues are for.
It is frustrating to watch refs who clearly don't know the rules. However, I'm not sure the are as many Lacrosse refs as you think. You need to remember that these are middle school kids. These games don't matter one bit. With that, where else would be a better training ground? They don't use NCAA rules in rec or public high schools, like they do in the MIAA and college.

Besides, if you think these guys are bad, we all watched the NCAA Tournament refs miss calls this weekend even with the use of replay!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. NL 2030 will be just fine. FCA was the better team that day and earned the championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go on thinking that heading into Summer - FCA only going to get better from here. They have a great coaching staff and are playing together.

Like Reply Quote
Fred44 #440383 Yesterday at 06:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A team that prays together, wins together

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15