Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many players from Madlax 2029s from last season are now having to play in 2028?

Zero

C'mon now. If you're gonna brag about being 'ranked' #4 you gotta at least own up to fact that some of those holdbacks are no longer eligible. Everyone knows some former Madlax 29s are now 28s. Why not just admit how many?

C’mon now. You asked a question and got the answer.

C'mon now. Lying is not the answer, Madlax mom. Why not own up to facts that some former Madlax '29s' are now, for some reason, playing for other clubs 2028s? Let's ask it another way and see if you can be more truthful: How many kids from Madlax 2029 aren't returning for 7th grade season?

The reality is that the boys talk, both on the field and on social media. I have a 2028 and a 2029 son and these boys know who the others are. I hear my 2028 son and his friends laugh about seeing on social media (last few months) the 2028s turning 14 and the 2029s turning 13. It's really weird that holdback-enablers will tell direct untruths about any of this. There's no club team from MD in the national top 50 that doesn't have holdbacks. There's lax holdbacks all the way down to AA ball, sadly. And, playing on the "national teams", whatever you think of that, guess what, the best teams from CT, LI, CA, FL, etc all have beaucoups holdbacks....and double holdbacks, which the Circuit had to make a special rule to allow 3 double holdbacks per team.

What are the odds that ML 2029, as skilled as they are, just "had none?" LOL.

One of the saddest parts of lacrosse is the multitude of holdbacks at youth level. No matter what anyone thinks, it just isnt good for the sport or for sure in youth athletics. So wrong, but will not stop as the private schools in MD are the drivers of elite lacrosse, and they have them in droves.

You're right about the past and present, but I predict the # of holdbacks will drop by at least 1/3 now that there's no lax benefit to reclassing prior to 8th grade. Middle school-run lacrosse is pretty much a joke (not worth holding back for) and if club has gone age-based, as it appears it has, there's just no excuse to reclass early.

You can see several of the (parent-run) former 2029 lax kids IG accounts that suddenly say, "BL 2029, Crabs 2028." You know those parents aren't loving it right now. After eating an extra year of tuition for no apparent benefit.

Those kids will all be 29’s again next year but maybe without the size advantage given many seventh graders will hit puberty this year. In the meantime they go back to on age this year and are just average against their on age peers but congrats to all of those parents on footing the bill for an extra year of private school. Well done.

I think you mean in two years... Age verification ceases in high school

Not so sure about that, I think in 8th grade they will let those kids play. For same reason age verification wasn’t applied to 2028. There are 27 holdbacks on 28 rosters this year and I am betting that same logic will apply to 29’s next year