Originally Posted by Anonymous
Usual caveat that US Club Lax rankings mean nothing but in spite of that they're all we have--here are the top teams from the March Kickoff:

Leading Edge (14)
Freedom (20)
Madlax (26)
Next Level (30)
True Chesapeake (39)
BLC (43)
Red Hots (52)
Team 91 MD (62)
Cannons (181)
VLC Tallon (121)
True MD (didn't see/unranked)

Matchups to watch:

Madlax (26) v Freedom (20); Madlax "Monuments"--are we bringing in our out of towners for this one, guys? Madlax beat this team 5-4 in November so we'll see how this one goes.
NL (30) v Freedom (20) and NL (30) v Leading Edge (14): Two tough ones for NL. Need to show improvement from a lackluster fall where the offense was stagnant.
True Chesapeake (39) v BLC (43): If "True Chesapeake" = "True Annapolis" from last spring, this will be a battle to see if either team has improved from last year's one win seasons in Hoco Elite.
Team 91 MD (62) vs Red Hots (52): This is a team that 91 needs to be competitive with if they're going to come up to Hoco Elite this spring.

I will be available before/after this event to talk smack and tell all of you why your team is terrible and my son's is the best of all time.

Appreciate the time you took to research all these teams and their current rankings, but using the 2023 rankings that basically consist of a handful of tournaments from the fall when virtually every team in America is depleted due to other sports is just simply not accurate. Teams this spring will likely more closely reflect the rankings from July of last summer when all of these teams were complete with all their players. No, I’m not a Madlax dad either. They have their own set of issues, but they’re still a top 20 team. Leading edge is a legit top 20 team as they grabbed a bunch of kids from BBL. Red Hots national likely the odds on favorite as they are pulling from all over the country. Just can’t imagine they’re gonna travel to this one. But they do have their B team in the single-A division, so maybe we should expect a pretty strong roster from them. my guess is next level and red hots and Madlax split their games amongst one another, Madlax likely the best chance to go undefeated. Two good games and a third game against the cannons, which I cannot understand why they are even in this AA bracket. Really interested to see how BLC and 91 MD fair in this event. A lot of new players on those two rosters and they are slated for elite division in Elko