BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,825
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 129 of 133 1 2 127 128 129 130 131 132 133
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Liberty just lost to Gerstell. Cmon publics aren’t good enough to compete with top 8 privates.

It was 9-8 right? Think MV just beat the same liberty team last night 17-6. Without a shot clock 🤔

There is a reason no one mentioned liberty.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Even the girls that are playing in the IAAM A conference that sit the bench have played since they were in kindergarten. Where the publics fill up their roster with some experienced players but most have never played prior to HS or MS and are there to be part of a team.”

This is the densest comment I have ever heard. You sound so ignorant and elitist. Shut up!!
Iaam has D1 kids on bench. Publics have 2-3 top D1 total and kids on bench that don’t play club. Those are facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Even the girls that are playing in the IAAM A conference that sit the bench have played since they were in kindergarten. Where the publics fill up their roster with some experienced players but most have never played prior to HS or MS and are there to be part of a team.”

This is the densest comment I have ever heard. You sound so ignorant and elitist. Shut up!!

How so? Every girl on a varsity roster in the iaam has been playing lax before they lost their first tooth. Almost every upperclassmen is committed to d1 school. Meanwhile you have a handful of good players on public school teams beating up on players that were cut from jv softball. AND I know for a fact that certain public’s had a chance to play some of the tops in the iaam and they declined. I will take the kids gloves off and put it bluntly, you are not even close to being in our league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other than sending your kid to McDonogh, Bryn Mawr and maybe NDP you're essentially paying all the money JUST for your kid to play lacrosse. Public school parents watch while really good players don't make their IAMM varsity teams till junior or senior year, or they make it earlier and don't play till junior and senior year, and what's worse unless you're a top player you can be committed to play lacrosse and still not get playing time as a senior. Two IAMM schools are on the verge of not being able to field varsity teams next year, two more teams have losing records every year and remain at the bottom of your league a third team with a consistent losing record just was moved to the "B" division last year, the same old club coaches interfere, influence and meddle in the varsity teams, parents are allowed to use their influence & run out good coaches over playing time, goalies for to IAMM schools with three goalies ahead of them - sometimes more than one per grade just to sit, the IAMM rosters are so bloated and in some schools graduating classes are over bloated, so many girls have mediocre varsity lax careers where if they were at their local high school they'd be playing. Each family should 100% do what works for them. If you don't mind all of that or your daughter is somehow good enough not to fall in to these categories at her IAMM school lucky you!!! But don't disparage public school girls who rack up playing time and playing experience. Many of these girls will go in to college with four years of non stop playing time and experience in leading a team. Would someone has has 100 point per year have the same stats at a McDonogh or Maryvale ? No, but plenty of public schools girls could play at IAMM schools. Girls have graduated from local Balto/DC/HoCo public schools and ended up playing lacrosse at MD, Northwester, JMU, Florida, Clemson, Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Denver, Ohio, Cornell, etcetc. This whole tired discussion started because a girl was transferring out of Garrison - which likely may not have a team next year, if they do will be a skeleton roster, and had a strangely abysmal season this year to her local public school where she will thrive. Again to each his own but these players should not be dismissed. It's ridiculous and elitest.

Also - IAMM has had a shot clock for two years now so let's stop acting like that makes them special. Every other high school lleague and club leagues/tournaments play without a shot clock. They will all adjust to a shot clock when they get to college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, what, facts... out of the 27 miaa teams less then half even have a jv team. Top teams competitive, but even the A is Waterdown. B and C families pay to play right? With title 9 lots of cases of Public school girls going d1 without having to pay 15k a year for hs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty just lost to Gerstell. Cmon publics aren’t good enough to compete with top 8 privates.
Why do you care? Girls that go Public get into top D1 schools, girls that go Private get into top D1 schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How so? Every girl on a varsity roster in the iaam has been playing lax before they lost their first tooth. Almost every upperclassmen is committed to d1 school. Meanwhile you have a handful of good players on public school teams beating up on players that were cut from jv softball. AND I know for a fact that certain public’s had a chance to play some of the tops in the iaam and they declined. I will take the kids gloves off and put it bluntly, you are not even close to being in our league.
Get a life - it's just HS lacrosse - do you mean to sound this ignorant or just doing it because you are behind a computer screen? Sorry for your child

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other than sending your kid to McDonogh, Bryn Mawr and maybe NDP you're essentially paying all the money JUST for your kid to play lacrosse. Public school parents watch while really good players don't make their IAMM varsity teams till junior or senior year, or they make it earlier and don't play till junior and senior year, and what's worse unless you're a top player you can be committed to play lacrosse and still not get playing time as a senior. Two IAMM schools are on the verge of not being able to field varsity teams next year, two more teams have losing records every year and remain at the bottom of your league a third team with a consistent losing record just was moved to the "B" division last year, the same old club coaches interfere, influence and meddle in the varsity teams, parents are allowed to use their influence & run out good coaches over playing time, goalies for to IAMM schools with three goalies ahead of them - sometimes more than one per grade just to sit, the IAMM rosters are so bloated and in some schools graduating classes are over bloated, so many girls have mediocre varsity lax careers where if they were at their local high school they'd be playing. Each family should 100% do what works for them. If you don't mind all of that or your daughter is somehow good enough not to fall in to these categories at her IAMM school lucky you!!! But don't disparage public school girls who rack up playing time and playing experience. Many of these girls will go in to college with four years of non stop playing time and experience in leading a team. Would someone has has 100 point per year have the same stats at a McDonogh or Maryvale ? No, but plenty of public schools girls could play at IAMM schools. Girls have graduated from local Balto/DC/HoCo public schools and ended up playing lacrosse at MD, Northwester, JMU, Florida, Clemson, Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Denver, Ohio, Cornell, etcetc. This whole tired discussion started because a girl was transferring out of Garrison - which likely may not have a team next year, if they do will be a skeleton roster, and had a strangely abysmal season this year to her local public school where she will thrive. Again to each his own but these players should not be dismissed. It's ridiculous and elitest.

Also - IAMM has had a shot clock for two years now so let's stop acting like that makes them special. Every other high school lleague and club leagues/tournaments play without a shot clock. They will all adjust to a shot clock when they get to college.
This is so spot on that for a second I forgot I was reading back of the cage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse is like the 10th most popular sport for girls in the country. Outside of our area, nobody even cares. So congratulations on being semi-relevant inside the Baltimore beltway

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iaam has D1 kids on bench. Publics have 2-3 top D1 total and kids on bench that don’t play club. Those are facts.[/quote]

why would you want to be somewhere as a D1 committ in any sport and be on the bench as a Jr or Sr ???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Our” league? Hahaha. Sit down. You are not playing. Your child is. And if it makes you feel better to act like you are so superior because your daughter plays lacrosse at a private school, good for you. For the rest of us it makes you look like the biggest BadPerson around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iaam has D1 kids on bench. Publics have 2-3 top D1 total and kids on bench that don’t play club. Those are facts.

why would you want to be somewhere as a D1 committ in any sport and be on the bench as a Jr or Sr ???[/quote]

Instead of boasting about private school lacrosse, consider how frustrating it would be to spend high school on the bench. Good luck playing D1.

Public school players may not have the same resources, but at least they get to play. Plus, private schools recruit from all over, while public schools represent their local community.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like was previously mentioned 2 of the 3 players that played high school in Maryland on the USA National Team, came from Carroll County Public schools. A school system that has less female students per year than the IAAM A with literally none of the benefits. They don't even have a turf field for HS at any school and many smell like manure for 1/2 the season.

Additionally the top 2 players from Maryland in D1 played at Public Schools off of York Road in Baltimore County, Dulaney (Sammy White) and Hereford (Isabella Peterson). This doesn't even account for the very skilled kids from Howard County Public Schools all over the D1 landscape.

Yes Cecil County and PG County schools don't have full rosters of kids that played growing up. But the years of experience on the top 4 or 5 Carroll, Baltimore, Harford, AA, and Howard county teams equal those of the IAAM. Top Publics have M&D Black, Skywalker Blue, and Hero's Green kids on JV, and yes they actually field JV teams (fool concept).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, seems like someone missed the lesson on sportsmanship. I wonder if daughter will be just fine playing with girls from public school in college or will she learn from dad. Maybe you should just be a fan of lacrosse and actually respect the game, regardless of where they went to high school.

Just going to take a wild guess you didn't play at a high level, they know better not to talk like this. Congrats. You won the private vs public school award …….!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public vs Private.

Both have great players. The difference is in the IAAM most games are competitive. perhaps you take out the last 1 or two teams in standings, and the other 12 teams all have competitive games. MCD one of the top teams in Country does not destroy most teams in the top 8 or 9 in the IAAM. They win but not 20-1. In the Public school league they play maybe 3-4 competitive games and the rest of the schedule is blowouts.
I think they are a bunch of public school teams that could compete in the IAAM. IAAM has depth, a public team may have 5-6 top players where a good IAAM team may have 10-12. I think DEpth would be the advantage most IAAM teams would have over public. But both have exceptional players. Ant tons of Public school girls if they were at IAAM schools would do great and be key contributors and stars on the team. Lots of great players in both Private and Public. We are spoiled because talent level in this region is strong. I'll bet i could pick an all-star team from Public vs All-star team from Private and it would be a great game.
I have a unique perspective on this topic because my daughter has played both. Celebrate all the girls playing, be it public or private.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of jealous private school parents is what it basically comes down to. Spend $50,000 a year to watch your kid ride the bench and see freshmen and sophomore public school players dominate the headlines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of jealous private school parents is what it basically comes down to. Spend $50,000 a year to watch your kid ride the bench and see freshmen and sophomore public school players dominate the headlines.

LOL. Come on, most private school parents want the lacrosse but its the education that pushes it over the top. Did you see how Public handled Covid?

Also how many privates are 50K plus? Any of them? Most are half that price.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Come on, most private school parents want the lacrosse but its the education that pushes it over the top. Did you see how Public handled Covid?

I wouldn’t send my daughter to a WOKE private school if they gave her a free ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, seems like someone missed the lesson on sportsmanship. I wonder if daughter will be just fine playing with girls from public school in college or will she learn from dad. Maybe you should just be a fan of lacrosse and actually respect the game, regardless of where they went to high school.

Just going to take a wild guess you didn't play at a high level, they know better not to talk like this. Congrats. You won the private vs public school award …….!
Your guess would be wrong. I lettered in pickle ball and badminton at the Valley Inn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn’t send my daughter to a WOKE private school if they gave her a free ride.
Hey Boomer- have you looked at a public school curriculum lately? Clearly not. And way to make it political. Next thing we know you’ll be talking about the election. Please stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gross.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all the girls still in the IAAM playoffs. And to any other conference as well. Please take the opportunity to enjoy your daughter's playoff game experiences without bringing them any of the anxiety, jealousy and detest this board can generate. It makes it a lot more enjoyable for them, win or lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
densest statement of the year. Truly uninformed. We have already dissected this statement in other comments. The education and college opportunities FAR exceed that provided by a simple government education. College acceptance is the advantage. BTW no one pays $50 in this area. Jealous is right but you have it backwards. Lacrosse can sometimes provide access to these benefits but if it is your sole motivation then you have your priorities in the wrong places. If you worry about WOKE- its the government pushing it and the government is providing your free education- a pipeline of woke ideology. So that argument is moot as well. Throw the lame attempt at an insult by calling out the Valley Inn- got news- that isn't an insult and you are probably the only one who thinks that is leaving a mark. So what else do you have? Can we get back to the game now or do you have more bitterness to put out to expose your insecurities?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you’d send your daughter to a public school that allows children to “decide their gender” and use the bathroom that they deem best for them?
Covid proved to the country no one in the public school system, not the administration, certainly not the union leaders and most def not the faculty,
gives a hoot about the children. Enjoy your free education,
I’m a sure your daughter will crush it at HCC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a public school grad, but if you think your kid is getting the same level of education as private, or even public pre covid, you are out of your mind.

"Half of Carroll County schools – 19 out of 38 – lost a star in the most recent data from the Maryland Report Card school performance rating system, according to data released Dec. 18"

Via the Carroll County Times April 23rd 2024

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rough game for BM, not pretty on the defense. MCD is a force and there was no stopping the offense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps not. But unless you are looking to play lacrosse at Harvard or Princeton, going to a public affords you the same opportunity to play in college at the same schools. Since this is a lacrosse forum, if you are good enough to play and you go to Century or Glenelg, even South Hagerstown or Pikesville, you can go to Maryland, Carolina, Cuse, Loyola, Florida, even Duke and Northwestern. You'll receive the same college education as your teammate who's parent spent 100k over 4 years with the same level of athletic/academic scholarship. You'll have the same college network post graduation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps not. But unless you are looking to play lacrosse at Harvard or Princeton, going to a public affords you the same opportunity to play in college at the same schools. Since this is a lacrosse forum, if you are good enough to play and you go to Century or Glenelg, even South Hagerstown or Pikesville, you can go to Maryland, Carolina, Cuse, Loyola, Florida, even Duke and Northwestern. You'll receive the same college education as your teammate whose parent spent 100k over 4 years with the same level of athletic/academic scholarship. You'll have the same college network post graduation.

Unfortunately you are sadly mistaken.
The network starts in private high school.
Evidently you just don’t know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rough game for BM, not pretty on the defense. MCD is a force and there was no stopping the offense

Yeah that was a tough one for the Mauritanians
What will McD look like next year without the super seniors?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I'm a public school grad, but if you think your kid is getting the same level of education as private, or even public pre covid, you are out of your mind.

My kid did.
Also other than McDonough and BrynMawr for girls you're getting a comparable education at a strong public school. Sorry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^^^ agree with this 100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
densest statement of the year. Truly uninformed. We have already dissected this statement in other comments. The education and college opportunities FAR exceed that provided by a simple government education. College acceptance is the advantage. BTW no one pays $50 in this area. Jealous is right but you have it backwards. Lacrosse can sometimes provide access to these benefits but if it is your sole motivation then you have your priorities in the wrong places. If you worry about WOKE- its the government pushing it and the government is providing your free education- a pipeline of woke ideology. So that argument is moot as well. Throw the lame attempt at an insult by calling out the Valley Inn- got news- that isn't an insult and you are probably the only one who thinks that is leaving a mark. So what else do you have? Can we get back to the game now or do you have more bitterness to put out to expose your insecurities?

Not jealous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mcd and Spsg in walkovers on Wed. The best coach in MG and most talent in MCd ! Can’t wait for next Friday. Spsg wins it all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps not. But unless you are looking to play lacrosse at Harvard or Princeton, going to a public affords you the same opportunity to play in college at the same schools. Since this is a lacrosse forum, if you are good enough to play and you go to Century or Glenelg, even South Hagerstown or Pikesville, you can go to Maryland, Carolina, Cuse, Loyola, Florida, even Duke and Northwestern. You'll receive the same college education as your teammate who's parent spent 100k over 4 years with the same level of athletic/academic scholarship. You'll have the same college network post graduation.
Same network? You are from Baltimore right? People tell you their high school when asked where you went to school. That is the network. On top of that if you play lacrosse but not in the top 1% then you need the education and credentials to get you in to a good college or walk on the team. So no on all of your arguments unless you are really that good. What else do you have?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps not. But unless you are looking to play lacrosse at Harvard or Princeton, going to a public affords you the same opportunity to play in college at the same schools. Since this is a lacrosse forum, if you are good enough to play and you go to Century or Glenelg, even South Hagerstown or Pikesville, you can go to Maryland, Carolina, Cuse, Loyola, Florida, even Duke and Northwestern. You'll receive the same college education as your teammate whose parent spent 100k over 4 years with the same level of athletic/academic scholarship. You'll have the same college network post graduation.
Produce the college acceptance lists- not for one or two top players- the whole class! Think it through before you question the actual value- especially in this town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mcd and Spsg in walkovers on Wed. The best coach in MG and most talent in MCd ! Can’t wait for next Friday. Spsg wins it all.

pulling the popcorn out for Reese vs Radebaugh - lacrosse gods made this bracket match up happen - thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Produce the college acceptance lists- not for one or two top players- the whole class! Think it through before you question the actual value- especially in this town.[/quote]

just out of curiosity I went and look at Garrison Forest 24 acceptances. There was a Princeton and a Duke. I saw one Ivy and Tulane, Navy & Washington & Lee. But Lots of Elon, there was MD, Charleston, Campbell, UVA. JMU, UMBC, ECU, Salisbury, Delaware, UNC Charlotte, Indiana, F&M, Morgan State, Lynchburg, Jigh Point, Lafayette, NC Stare, Dickinson, High Point, Denver, Boulder, USC and Furman. There's no need to go. These are all great schools but any achievable from a strong public school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same college network. Apparently attention to detail isn’t taught in the iaam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same college network. Apparently attention to detail isn’t taught in the iaam.
If you went you would know there is a big difference between the two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pulling the popcorn out for Reese vs Radebaugh - lacrosse gods made this bracket match up happen - thank you

Good lord you need to get out more

Like Reply Quote
Page 129 of 133 1 2 127 128 129 130 131 132 133
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard