Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just think that when teams travel out of state, they tend to bring full rosters. Yesterday at the 2028 and 2029 levels at least most of the local squads were all missing 5 girls each and bringing up girls from their B squads vs. teams like Eagle Stix having rosters of 20.

As usual there are different ways of interpreting raw data. Eagle Stix carries 20 girls (I am taking your word for this) and based on what I observed in their game with Coppermine the Eagle Stix coach played all of the girls for a substantial time. The effect is that often the team had 2nd or 3rd string girls playing against Coppermine’s 1st string team.

How many girls are on the rosters of Coppermine, M&D, Hero’s, etc?

23, 19, & 22 respectively

It looked like M&D, Heros and MDU had full squads and Crush always has a small roster with 4 subs. A parent can correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think any of the top teams were missing any of their top players. SW was at a different location and I was really surprised they lost to HOCO- anyone know of they were missing top players?

On a different note I noticed these last two weekends that all of the top teams aside from Heros looks to have really stopped their midfield rotations. All of the other teams ( even M&D who used to rotate two lines evenly) have 2 (or 3) midfielders playing the majority of the game and then a couple that rotate and get minimal minutes. I would have thought this would have trended the opposite direction as the girls get older.

Hasn't Coppermine and MDU always had 1-2 midfielders who play most of the game? I notice Coppermine often switches girls from mid to D or mid to attack with a small handful who always play mid. For M&D, most likely due to them not currently having that many dedicated midfielders (small # to begin with and one is injured). To the point many have made, I think it's pretty hard to draw conclusions about teams based on the fall. All are still figuring things out with their new squads and with anywhere from 1 or 2 to I guess 10 girls missing for some teams, there's probably some improvising going on.