BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,513
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 26 1 2 22 23 24 25 26
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How is a 2029 parent allowed to referee in the 2029 NGLL games of the same exact league where their daughters compete? Do we really not have regulations to control for this? John Brock, parent of twins on 2029 M&D black, was the referee for the Coppermine black vs Skywalkers game today. At least 2 girls from M&D black 2029 last year now play for skywalkers. This is not just an issue of bias but intimidation can come into play in situations like this as well. Does the NGLl not have regulations to control for this?

Moderator I thought we didn’t allow names to be used? Using the full name of the official now exposes his kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is a 2029 parent allowed to referee in the 2029 NGLL games of the same exact league where their daughters compete? Do we really not have regulations to control for this? John Brock, parent of twins on 2029 M&D black, was the referee for the Coppermine black vs Skywalkers game today. At least 2 girls from M&D black 2029 last year now play for skywalkers. This is not just an issue of bias but intimidation can come into play in situations like this as well. Does the NGLl not have regulations to control for this?

What other games has he reffed for in our league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he forgot he held them back a year...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zero. He was asked to officiate because they were short on officials. So either he officiated or there were none.

And you do realize this happens in HS all the time right? In one county there is a father and uncle who ref games and their daughter plays on a school in the county.

So get used to it. Shortage of officials. May want to be happy your daughter got to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll be willing to bet that he reffed for the M&D vs Hero’s game

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same thing happening at the 2028 level. Reffing games against team that had previously cut the daughter. Not sure why this would be allowed when there are so many NGLL games happening across age levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This post is pretty sad. The fact that the person writing this knows John by name tells me that they know John or someone on their team knows him well enough. And with that being the case, they know what kind of person John is. John is a great guy and you want to paint him otherwise. The level of refs out there has dropped over the past couple years and John is one of the better ones. It never ceases to amaze me that people would look to point the finger at other things other than their team itself. If you have a gripe with the NGLL and refs they place at the games, go to the NGLL. Don't mention the mans name on an open forum. That's pathetic. Everything about that post is pathetic.

Jason Matthew

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did he ref an unfair game? Intimidation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same thing happening at the 2028 level. Reffing games against team that had previously cut the daughter. Not sure why this would be allowed when there are so many NGLL games happening across age levels.

This kind of thing should not be allowed. Is a parent really allowed to ref a game within their own child’s league? I think this calls all results into question if this is allowed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll be willing to bet that he reffed for the M&D vs Hero’s game

He did not. Don’t bring us into your lame BS.

-Heros Parent

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zero. He was asked to officiate because they were short on officials. So either he officiated or there were none.

And you do realize this happens in HS all the time right? In one county there is a father and uncle who ref games and their daughter plays on a school in the county.

So get used to it. Shortage of officials. May want to be happy your daughter got to play.

What does this have to do with playing time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Besides the wonky calls of that game I think people are concerned about how this can impact the players during their game. Coppermine had just won their game against M&D where they saw this man as a parent spectator and cheering against them. This happened just 1 hour prior to having the M&D parent referee their next game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having watched 3 games at Copperplex yesterday (this one included) I have to say ALL the officials did a great job. There is human error that comes into play which seems obvious but with as thick as some people on here are it was worth mentioning again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter played in this game. It was the most fair and even game we have played all year officiating-wise. The ref crew in totality was quite good compared to some of the refs we have had. As far as girls being intimidated, I didn't see it. I don't know how that would even happen. This feels like a disgruntled parent stirring the pot. As others have posted, refs are in severe shortage (not hard to understand why when you see @ChillLaxin like this posted), and the game was fine. This is a non story. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does this have to do with playing time?

I believe the poster was suggesting the game may have been canceled without officials. Nothing to do with individual PT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did M&D win due to his reffing? where there obvious biased calls? If so, please elaborate. Otherwise, as the previous post said, they had no one else so he stepped up. This is a perfect opportunity the highlight the need for Refs. Grab a whistle, help fill the gap.

Also, it's middle school lacrosse, if the NCAA title was on the line then you have a very fair point, it's not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This post is pretty sad. The fact that the person writing this knows John by name tells me that they know John or someone on their team knows him well enough. And with that being the case, they know what kind of person John is. John is a great guy and you want to paint him otherwise. The level of refs out there has dropped over the past couple years and John is one of the better ones. It never ceases to amaze me that people would look to point the finger at other things other than their team itself. If you have a gripe with the NGLL and refs they place at the games, go to the NGLL. Don't mention the mans name on an open forum. That's pathetic. Everything about that post is pathetic.

Jason Matthew

What’s pathetic is that you are attacking a parent bringing up a legitimate concern about how the players could be impacted by current policies and in attacking them you are trying to make this all about your budy and your fellow team parent. This is about considering policies or lack there of to create the best environment for all players to thrive. I’m sure that this post would have gone up if it was any parent who did this. It isn’t about your budy…. if this is about your budy, before you go off on others in his defense claiming an issue of ref availability, you should probably ask yourself why didn’t he ref on a neighboring field where he could ref for a different age group rather then choosing to ref for the same division that his daughters play in? It’s his behaviors that make people suspicious, not the post of a concerned parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter played in that game as well, and it was evenly officiated without any issues I can recall. The refs in that game definitely let the girls play through contact more than the 2029 M&D/Copp game earlier, but I thought the game was called evenly. Let's stop trying to generate drama where none exists.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter played in this game. It was the most fair and even game we have played all year officiating-wise. The ref crew in totality was quite good compared to some of the refs we have had. As far as girls being intimidated, I didn't see it. I don't know how that would even happen. This feels like a disgruntled parent stirring the pot. As others have posted, refs are in severe shortage (not hard to understand why when you see @ChillLaxin like this posted), and the game was fine. This is a non story. Move on.

Coppermine won so I don’t think this was a disgruntled parent. People are so quick to attack others on here. I think people are overlooking the bigger issues. The original post didn’t attack this parent/ref. They seem to be asking if this is allowed and I think it’s a good question. I don’t think they accused anyone of bad calls or of intimidation but they said that bias and intimidation could come into question in these situations and I agree that it could. Shouldn’t we have regulations to control for this possibility? Should a parent be refereeing games in their daughter’s league when there are other options like someone else said about going to another age group? Copperplex has enough fields to provide other options. Should there be policies to help manage these situations like notifying the teams ahead of time so the players and coaches are aware beforehand and not distracted during the game. I think this post brings up some good questions about our current policies that shouldn’t be over locked

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Besides the wonky calls of that game I think people are concerned about how this can impact the players during their game. Coppermine had just won their game against M&D where they saw this man as a parent spectator and cheering against them. This happened just 1 hour prior to having the M&D parent referee their next game

Of course this can be intimidating and confusing for them. This shouldn’t be happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine won so I don’t think this was a disgruntled parent. People are so quick to attack others on here. I think people are overlooking the bigger issues. The original post didn’t attack this parent/ref. They seem to be asking if this is allowed and I think it’s a good question. I don’t think they accused anyone of bad calls or of intimidation but they said that bias and intimidation could come into question in these situations and I agree that it could. Shouldn’t we have regulations to control for this possibility? Should a parent be refereeing games in their daughter’s league when there are other options like someone else said about going to another age group? Copperplex has enough fields to provide other options. Should there be policies to help manage these situations like notifying the teams ahead of time so the players and coaches are aware beforehand and not distracted during the game. I think this post brings up some good questions about our current policies that shouldn’t be over locked

I don't disagree, I make two suggestion;

1 - it could have been done without mentioning his name or kids; that makes it personal
2 - it could be brought to the powers at be at NGLL and not this forum anonymously for all to anonymously bicker about. Especially if it is a legitimate concern of the parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So overall fair game, ok.

1 -

Everyone complaining needs to get certified to ref. The pool of refs have diminished and the sport is in desperate need. Good for him for stepping up.

2-

If a kid is intimidated by seeing a dad on sideline then on the field providing the, the opportunity to play then that kid/kids need to toughen up. As a former college athlete and coach, if something like that intimidates them they are going to have a rough career. Imagine if your daughter plays Maryvale and Cathy Reese is on the sideline?

3-

Did the kid say they were intimidated or was it a parent projecting….. which is one of the many reasons kids burn out and we have a ref shortage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppemine did what Hero's couldn't do!! Anyone want to talk about that! Even with all the additional players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppemine did what Hero's couldn't do!! Anyone want to talk about that! Even with all the additional players.

All the games were well played. Heros by 4 over CM, M&D by 1 over Heros, and CM by 2 over M&D. These are arguably the top 3 teams in the country and they have played up to that standard. I would suspect a back and forth with all 3 of them for the next several years. It's exciting for the 2029 age group as we head into HS. Those 3 teams will attract a lot of attention.

As of now the strength of the teams are Heros, Coppermine, M&D in that order with anyone of those 3 having the ability to knock of the other. The playoffs should be exciting as there really isn't any one else who has a chance to take the title. Heros is the favorite going into the playoff weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course this can be intimidating and confusing for them. This shouldn’t be happening.
People wonder why this generation of kids is so soft. "Intimidating and confusing"- please get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the games were well played. Heros by 4 over CM, M&D by 1 over Heros, and CM by 2 over M&D. These are arguably the top 3 teams in the country and they have played up to that standard. I would suspect a back and forth with all 3 of them for the next several years. It's exciting for the 2029 age group as we head into HS. Those 3 teams will attract a lot of attention.

As of now the strength of the teams are Heros, Coppermine, M&D in that order with anyone of those 3 having the ability to knock of the other. The playoffs should be exciting as there really isn't any one else who has a chance to take the title. Heros is the favorite going into the playoff weekend.
this post is so true.
we should all feel lucky to have each others teams to play against on a regular basis. makes the teams and the girls better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what does additional players mean? did one of the teams expand their rosters or something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what does additional players mean? did one of the teams expand their rosters or something?

Think this is pointing to Heros taking CM top players last tryout and some others. They are a collection of talent with a big roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting approach talking garbage to a team you've never beaten.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Additional players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think this is pointing to Heros taking CM top players last tryout and some others. They are a collection of talent with a big roster.

Didn’t Hero’s have a smaller roster than a typical travel team last year? Most teams carry 24 girls and I thought hero’s had 18 or so

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn’t Hero’s have a smaller roster than a typical travel team last year? Most teams carry 24 girls and I thought hero’s had 18 or so
Oh ah -ha! its an m&d parent going back to that win over heros.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oooookkkkkkk sure, that game was weeks ago and the forum didn’t light up like it did this week. Coincidence? Think not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zero logic but then again, not surprised given there usually isn’t any around here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zero logic but then again, not surprised given there usually isn’t any around here.

Don’t feed the trolls. This is a classic case of make a comment then make a second comment blaming someone else to stir the pot. At least this time they waited till the comment was posted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This kind of thing should not be allowed. Is a parent really allowed to ref a game within their own child’s league? I think this calls all results into question if this is allowed.

That’s ridiculous. The results of that game would be no different with another referee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if ‘take’ is the right word there. You can’t take players, they have to want to leave for one reason or another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 8 are making the playoffs besides the obvious?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 8 are making the playoffs besides the obvious?

1-3 is going to be cm, m&d, heros with order coming down to goals against
4 integrity
5-8 is going to be BLC, heros white, m&d shore, next level with order coming down to goals against

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s white?!

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 26 1 2 22 23 24 25 26
Quick Reply