I have a question. I didn't hold back my kid. Over half the 29's are holdbacks and are older than my son. Would I be wrong if I simply just registered my kid for the 29' team? Or is holding back your kid only for the private school kids?[/quote]

I hope your question is merely sarcastic and cynical about the prevalence of holdbacks, and not serious. Whether you like holdbacks or not, they are part of the game, and are perfectly legal. But if your son is in a certain grade and plays down, regardless of his age, ability, or whatever, that is cheating. I have seen teams get caught doing this several times and it is really ugly. Opposing teams laugh and love to see it, because they dislike the program (MadLax) that is most frequently getting caught. But it is unfair to the families of the other players, whose job it not to police the grade of their son's teammates, and who have their weekend ruined by traveling to tournaments and paying for hotels, only for the humiliation of being DQ'd and called cheaters. And it is worst for the player himself -- all his teammates and their parents will treat him like a leper. Hopefully your question was not serious!