Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why doesn't someone rank ML vs Hawks (or all the HOCO programs) commits to college the last 10 years. Quality of school vs program vs across all divisions. That would be interesting and somewhat telling. As an ML parent (who didn't play lacrosse) with multiple kids in the program at very different age groups the ML commits seem pretty solid to me. Otherwise, you are just bloviating about a program where you don't have any first hand knowledge. I like to read the USCL ranking too, but at the end of the day where the kid ends up is what matters.

This was discussed at some length on here a while back and anecdotally ML seemed to send kids to somewhat more prestigious schools academically, but to tell anything about one lax program vs. another you'd really have to benchmark those results against outcomes for the respective non-lax populations (i.e., comparing ML outcomes to those of generally well-off kids in McLean who largely attend private high schools), and I would be sort of scared and sad if anyone had the time or inclination to do that in a systematic way.

This is a very solid observation, as virtually all of these Madlax kids attend or will attend Landon, Georgetown prep, St. John’s, Gonzaga. Not exactly the general population tough to quantify how much lacrosse is helping to get them into the schools