Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most boarding schools have aid out of necessity. Some are merit-based, some are exclusively for demonstrated need. Most would blow away the MIAA schools' lists. If you're choosing a high school based on lacrosse you are a stunad. Send Johnny to the best academic school possible, make sure they work hard, and they'll earn their way into a great school.

I realized how little I cared about lacrosse when my oldest son was being recruited for High School. BK and other coaches would not be reaching out without him playing lacrosse, I know that. But I chose the best Academic school for my son and thanked them all for their time. Please don't choose a school for lacrosse. There's enough dreamers trying to make a buck off the sport who sunk their life in to it and realized it's worthless.

Oh Lord are you arguing for lax dads to have perspective? Fainting couch please!

The fact is that you have no control as a parent whether your private school (or public school) brings in 3 new studs in 9th, 10th, 11th grade at your son's exact position and relegates your kid (by default) to the practice/9th grade / JV squad. And if your mindset is all "VARSITY LAX OR NOTHING" it is going to be a long 4 years.

There's 50 kids playing for FCA 2028 whose parents (if you ask them) generally believe their kid is going to get one of the 4-6 freshman varsity spots at Calvert Hall. "BK says he has big potential!" To say nothing of the 25% of 2028s playing for Crabs, 91, KP, Claws, Preds, Team MD, etc whose parents also think their freshman kids will be playing varsity at CH in Spring 2025. Sorry, but 194 out of those 200 boys will in fact NOT be playing varsity as CHC freshmen.

If you want to be "My son's transferring out!!!!!" parents, then God speed, because guess what, the coaches at the "new school" will see you a mile away, too.

Lol just send your kid to Curley - problem solved.