Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Question here regarding a 10th going into 11th grader. The emails we get from schools/coaches, these are just mass-email type things right? Regarding prospect days. Or are they targeting individual kids? Some are addressed to his name, some aren’t. I’m assuming it’s going out to hundreds etc. thanks[/q

For the most part, they are mass-emailing. However, if your son has been at showcases that the coach was at, then it could be a target. When they target a kid, they will most often mention where they saw them and give some details to what they liked about him.

My older son would get those personal emails saying that he was seen at specific games at specific times and even say what they saw him do that they liked. Unfortunately he happened to miss some of those tournaments they claim to have seen him even though his club team was there. So he was not there and they said they saw him. Generally, many of them are mass emails. If they have the coaches phone number with the cell phone number it usually means that it is a more specific email but still a mass email. Like someone else had said have one of the coaches from your sons team reach out to the coach of the schools he is interested in. College coaches will also contact club and high school coaches on their own before September 1 The funny thing is my son ended up committing to a school that never sent him an invite to a prospect camp and never contacted his coach before September 1. However they did call September 1. So you never know. Don’t give up on a school just because you’re not getting the mass emails and don’t assume you’re on a list just because you were getting those emails.