You are right, this is sad, that grown adults are on here "Trash Talking" about their kids! Good for your friends kid who turned down Div 1 & 2 schools & is happy in HIS choice as to where to spend 4 important years of his life. Some kids do/will enjoy dedicating their life to a sport, as well as school. "That people think so much of D1 lax program is idiotic"...I disagree with you there! It's a personal choice FOR YOUR CHILD TO MAKE!!!! IDC if it is football, baseball, badmitton,lacrosse or bowlin, if your child is talented, atheletic, smart & dedicated enough to handle the time & pressure of D1 (or II or III) thats incredible! You CAN NOT look @ it as getting your money back...You WILL NOT! It's about each individual kid & their families choice. Some mathletes probably are on a better career path for college but, some are not (imagine what the mathletes parents are talking about on their website;) I understand that this site is for posting opinions and those opinions will be put up to debate but, to actually read some post from a bafoon of a parent berating other kids & actually throwing in some word from the dictionary (I dont find his post sardonic or "skeptically humorous") I think it is DISGRACEFUL & he/she is puerile...Go look that up in a dictionary;)

Originally Posted by Anonymous
How utterly sad is this ? Its funny, I had a friends who's kid turned down Div 1 and 2 because he liked a d3 school better and while he liked lax and wants to play in college he really did not want to be a semi pro athlete and dedicate his life to it. That people think so much of a D1 lax program is idiotic. If was football or baseball and you thought there was a payoff in the millions down the line for your son that would be one thing. Truth is that the mathletes at your kids school are probably all on a better career track for college and the real world then any travel lax team on the island. I think some of these parents here actually sit at home and can't understand why their kids are not playing in stadiums where people pay to watch them , doesn't everyone understand how awesome we are ?

Please, take a moment to pick up your webster's dictionary (you do know what that is, yes?) and familiarize yourself with that difficult definition and its proper usage.

additionally; it may behoove you to review the definitions and connotations of the term, " self deception"; as in: you're little Johnny is not ever going to be on a championship NCAA Div 1,2 or 3 team, nor is he apt to even get a look to play other than as a walk on. He is not on a current age appropriate championship team because....drum roll please...you're little johnny is not good enough to make a team to do so. period.....get over being jealous of other kid's successes and their lacrosse prowess. Your kid is not cutting it nor will he cut it. period.

that was not nice to say, was it?

now stop being inflamatory or you will be taunted yet again.
[/quote]