Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are many very good yJ coaches and then there are 20 somthing overmatched flip flop wearing coaches too. Hopefully you get a coach and not just a really good player
Blame the coaches if you want but the truth is that the Y.J. brand is taking a hit this weekend. If you look at wits going on , there are only a couple of "dominate" Y.J. teams this weekend, and one of them is Jones, a coach who's high school team has all but disappeared from the H.S. scene. That tells me its not coaching because she's not that good, it's who's on the field that counts. Lonegro is just a bad coach, and yes I know that Bert isn't their but his team isn't producing. Also, don't try to pawn off the some teams are missing key girls because of states B.S. If a club and it's members are going to bill themselves as "Elite" then they should be as dominate wether a player or two are missing from the lineup, it's just a weak excuse. In the end, the reality is that Y.J. is the same as any other club, a few top players driving the bus, everyone els is average to below hanging on the tops coat tails loudly exclaiming there greatness. This should be a wake up call for all L.I. girls lacrosse, we are starting to get passed by, especially by the MD. players and if we don't unite and make all our girls stronger, not just the ones in the same pinnnie, we will become a footnote in girls lacrosse.

You're kidding right? Jones is playing PAL teams.
see what I mean