Originally Posted by Anonymous
Talent and money influence many sports. Look at golf, you can't excel if the money isn't there to support fees and instructors. Many young golf prodigies go to school at golf academies instead of attending "normal" schools. Very expensive.

Let's assume some things-
Let's assume this isn't about money and in a way to serve the bottom line of an organization or a certain indoor training facility that is owned by people personally involved in said organization.
Let's assume this isn't a question of talent and many of those chosen were given no greater opportunity than those not selected.

So now money and talent are removed as issues

Why form this team mid July, 2 weeks before tournament season was over for the current teams? Why form this team without advising any of the existing coaches?

This isn't an issue of envy, it is an issue of courtesy and respect. While we can appreciate that our boys wiill grow into men and face all the challenges in the world, competition in youth sports can be done in an open informed tryout. Had this taken place in September this team would be conversation, not a controversy

This has been a problem for a long time. Come U15, players and parents align themselves with the best teams for their kids to excel. You can not take away from the success of the express program. They have placed more kids in college than anyone else. This should be no suprise to anybody or any program. Until somebody can give the kids the same chances the express can, good for them to making the move to help themselves. I am sure if a player gets interest from virginia, unc or duke they should say no because they must take the whole team. This is the real world move on

And again, to those that can't follow a simple discussion. It is NOT what happened, it IS when and how.

To your point, I guess the Chaminade education and program experience had nothing to do with college opportunities.
It doesn't matter when it happened because it has been happening for a long time. The players played after the season and no one missed a game for there summer teams. It is now about their future . Get over it the good players who have worked hard deserve the be rewarded

Absolutely absurd comments from someone who obviously has zero handle on the situation. Before you get all high and mighty you might want to consider that your little super team was started as a direct result of a bunch of whining parents who felt their kids werent being coached properly. MC has stated on numerous occasions that he doesn't know this age group very well. The whole thing stinks of cronyism plain and simple. And isn't it interesting how the initial invitation emails didn't come from the Express, but rather from someone who will directly profit from this whole arrangement? As for your assinine comment about the best players who have worked hard, every kid on both the Piranhas and the Orange worked hard all year and deserved to finish their season out without meddling from over zealous parents. I have no problem with the organization wanting to put together the best team possible at this age group, and if my kid wasnt one of them, that's fine too, but the timing and manner in the way it was carried out was underhanded and shameless and the kids deserved better. For you to sit here and try to justify it shows just how clueless you really are.
I have more knowledge than you think. My son plays on the 2016 orange and we went thru the same thing last year. The kids had a great season and were given every chance to excel. Mike c was not familar with that age either but he can evaluate talent and can also give these kids what most other programs can not. These 2017 kids played hard and deserve to be given chances to go to the next level. I am sure they will have a tryout in the fall and they may adjust the team a little more. The kids also learn more because they are no longer superstars on their team they are now teamates that play at the same level.

What is this fascination with MC? Yes he is a good lacrosse coach, but he's not the only man on Long Island that knows lacrosse, Plenty of other programs out there that have quality coaching and solid connections to the college pipeline. Everyone is brainwashed into believing you HAVE to play for Express if you want quality coaching and college looks. Yes Express is a good program, but not the only one.