BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah how did the boys do at Stowe. I haven't been able to follow.

McManus went 4-1 lost in championship game to True Blue 3-2
Piranhas went 4-1 beat Mass Top Necks 6-4 in 3 vs 4 seed.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think MC is pretending to care about the kids or pledge any type of loyalty to the parents. He wants to create a phenomenal 8th grade team wearing his Express brand. It's all about ego and business. So if you know the deal and your kid is along for the ride, wiil he be a tougher, better lacrosse player as a result? That is the decision a parent has to make.

Pretty good assesment of the situation. Its just the way the man goes about his business thats the problem. Its a cuthroat backstabbing culture with a backdrop of money hanging in the air.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Piranhas 4-1, lost once Saturday and came back Sunday to beat same team in playoff game
McManus 4-1, lost in Championship to True Blue

Doesn't really matter anymore, many moving on..

Sad really..........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You hit it on the nose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Piranhas 4-1, lost once Saturday and came back Sunday to beat same team in playoff game
McManus 4-1, lost in Championship to True Blue

Doesn't really matter anymore, many moving on..

Sad really..........

Whats sad?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really dont understand whats sad about it.Its a business, your right. The better the team he puts together the better his brand will look. The Season is now over and for the kids who were asked to play, good for them.I know that MC and JL are great coaches and if the parents of these kids dont mind paying for the training,since it is off season, i really dont see what all the excitement is about.It can only make your child a better player.If your child wasn't asked to play, stop complaining about it,and do something about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really dont understand whats sad about it.Its a business, your right. The better the team he puts together the better his brand will look. The Season is now over and for the kids who were asked to play, good for them.I know that MC and JL are great coaches and if the parents of these kids dont mind paying for the training,since it is off season, i really dont see what all the excitement is about.It can only make your child a better player.If your child wasn't asked to play, stop complaining about it,and do something about it.

A post thats accurate, fair & logically on this board? Thats refreshing! I agree with you completely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy to take that position when your child was "picked" especially when you take into account that the selection process was a joke, let me know if you still feel that way after you pay a few grand and your child still gets kicked to the curb because someone made a phone call to get their son on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A post thats accurate, fair & logically on this board? Thats refreshing! I agree with you completely.

THis makes sense to me too... and my kid was definitely not picked. It is what it is- and if my kid wants to be able to be chosen in the future- he'll need to really work hard to make himself seen and known. The same thing happens in college recruiting- your kid may make a school- but then a new freshman comes along or a transfer and knocks him down. I do not want my kid to go and cry about it- I want him to work harder. And then sometimes life is not easy and no matter how hard you work and how good you are- you just do not make it. So pick yourself up off the floor and move on- another opportunity will present itself. I do not want my kid to go crying and moaning every time he thinks he has been overlooked or left out. That builds no character- at least none that I'd want to see in the "real world".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that if you were given the opportunity to play in that tournament last week, you would have said yes, am i right? I also have paid for training for my son in the past.I like to think that it may have helped him. It is up to the parent to decide whether training is making a difference in your child's ability.If my son gets" kicked to the curb" because someone else made a phone call to get there son on, then my son didn't deserve to be there in the first place.The directors can only afford you the opportunity for training. It is up to you,as a parent to decide if the training is helping your child.The directors are running a business. Any smart business man will never turn away a willing client.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

THis makes sense to me too... and my kid was definitely not picked. It is what it is- and if my kid wants to be able to be chosen in the future- he'll need to really work hard to make himself seen and known. The same thing happens in college recruiting- your kid may make a school- but then a new freshman comes along or a transfer and knocks him down. I do not want my kid to go and cry about it- I want him to work harder. And then sometimes life is not easy and no matter how hard you work and how good you are- you just do not make it. So pick yourself up off the floor and move on- another opportunity will present itself. I do not want my kid to go crying and moaning every time he thinks he has been overlooked or left out. That builds no character- at least none that I'd want to see in the "real world".

Could not have said it better, thank you for honesty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's absolutely amazing how some people just don't get it. No one said anything about teaching our kid to whine everyone time he gets left out. It's more about treating people fairly and doing the right thing by 12 and 13 yr old kids. You know there is value in teaching your child to stand up and Fight for what's right. Or do we just say it is what is and lay down and take it every time you get wronged?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am quite sure the best kids arent getting kicked to the curb but those that are marginally great (usign term loosely).

So yes sometimes your best isnt good enough, teach them that now and see how things pan out. Hopefully they will fight to not be the next one picked. or more importnatly to be the best they can be.

When you and your friend are running from a bear remember you only have to uut run your friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was simply a weak tourney. Common knowledge. the teams which are mentioned probably should've met up locally to play. are they going to that North Dakota tournament next?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about a kid that was asked and is parent's can't afford it, because they have other kids to take care of. Like paying for college, paying tutors to bring the kids grades up. How do you think those parent's feel when they tell there kid he can't be on that team and he knows he is good enough to be there. that is the decision we have to make and it stinks. When money rules a youth sport that is a problem not a lesson.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about a kid that was asked and is parent's can't afford it, because they have other kids to take care of. Like paying for college, paying tutors to bring the kids grades up. How do you think those parent's feel when they tell there kid he can't be on that team and he knows he is good enough to be there. that is the decision we have to make and it stinks. When money rules a youth sport that is a problem not a lesson.

Tough decisions when finances are involved. There are other places to play, places that aren't backing you into a corner to pay for '"training".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent and money influence many sports. Look at golf, you can't excel if the money isn't there to support fees and instructors. Many young golf prodigies go to school at golf academies instead of attending "normal" schools. Very expensive.

Let's assume some things-
Let's assume this isn't about money and in a way to serve the bottom line of an organization or a certain indoor training facility that is owned by people personally involved in said organization.
Let's assume this isn't a question of talent and many of those chosen were given no greater opportunity than those not selected.

So now money and talent are removed as issues

Why form this team mid July, 2 weeks before tournament season was over for the current teams? Why form this team without advising any of the existing coaches?

This isn't an issue of envy, it is an issue of courtesy and respect. While we can appreciate that our boys wiill grow into men and face all the challenges in the world, competition in youth sports can be done in an open informed tryout. Had this taken place in September this team would be conversation, not a controversy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent and money influence many sports. Look at golf, you can't excel if the money isn't there to support fees and instructors. Many young golf prodigies go to school at golf academies instead of attending "normal" schools. Very expensive.

Let's assume this isn't about money and in a way to serve the bottom line of an organization or a certain indoor training facility that is owned by people personally involved in said organization.
Let's assume this isn't a question of talent and many of those chosen were given no greater opportunity than those not selected.

Why form this team mid July, 2 weeks before tournament season was over for the current teams? Why form this team without advising any of the existing coaches?

This isn't an issue of envy, it is an issue of courtesy and respect. While we can appreciate that our boys wiill grow into men and face all the challenges in the world, competition in youth sports can be done in an open informed tryout. Had this taken place in September this team would be conversation, not a controversy

This has been a problem for a long time. Come U15, players and parents align themselves with the best teams for their kids to excel. You can not take away from the success of the express program. They have placed more kids in college than anyone else. This should be no suprise to anybody or any program. Until somebody can give the kids the same chances the express can, good for them to making the move to help themselves. I am sure if a player gets interest from virginia, unc or duke they should say no because they must take the whole team. This is the real world move on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has been a problem for a long time. Come U15, players and parents align themselves with the best teams for their kids to excel. You can not take away from the success of the express program. They have placed more kids in college than anyone else. This should be no suprise to anybody or any program. Until somebody can give the kids the same chances the express can, good for them to making the move to help themselves. I am sure if a player gets interest from virginia, unc or duke they should say no because they must take the whole team. This is the real world move on

And again, to those that can't follow a simple discussion. It is NOT what happened, it IS when and how.

To your point, I guess the Chaminade education and program experience had nothing to do with college opportunities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And again, to those that can't follow a simple discussion. It is NOT what happened, it IS when and how.

To your point, I guess the Chaminade education and program experience had nothing to do with college opportunities.
It doesn't matter when it happened because it has been happening for a long time. The players played after the season and no one missed a game for there summer teams. It is now about their future . Get over it the good players who have worked hard deserve the be rewarded

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Can't say I agree with you. It was a great place to play, the weather was perfect, and there was so much to do besides lacrosse. Don't knock it until you try it.... Really, what tournament on Long Island was really strong? I understand that we have some really good teams here, but at some point you need to see what's out there. You must get tired of playing the same teams here?? That is the reason why you are seeing most of the really good teams go other places to play....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should we go to Florida, play sub-par teams and claim to be National Champions.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That's up to you. I just believe this should be about the whole experience when it comes to travel lacrosse. The experience for your child, his or her teammates, and your families.
Should we go to Florida, play sub-par teams and claim to be National Champions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn't matter when it happened because it has been happening for a long time. The players played after the season and no one missed a game for there summer teams. It is now about their future . Get over it the good players who have worked hard deserve the be rewarded

Absolutely absurd comments from someone who obviously has zero handle on the situation. Before you get all high and mighty you might want to consider that your little super team was started as a direct result of a bunch of whining parents who felt their kids werent being coached properly. MC has stated on numerous occasions that he doesn't know this age group very well. The whole thing stinks of cronyism plain and simple. And isn't it interesting how the initial invitation emails didn't come from the Express, but rather from someone who will directly profit from this whole arrangement? As for your assinine comment about the best players who have worked hard, every kid on both the Piranhas and the Orange worked hard all year and deserved to finish their season out without meddling from over zealous parents. I have no problem with the organization wanting to put together the best team possible at this age group, and if my kid wasnt one of them, that's fine too, but the timing and manner in the way it was carried out was underhanded and shameless and the kids deserved better. For you to sit here and try to justify it shows just how clueless you really are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely absurd comments from someone who obviously has zero handle on the situation. Before you get all high and mighty you might want to consider that your little super team was started as a direct result of a bunch of whining parents who felt their kids werent being coached properly. MC has stated on numerous occasions that he doesn't know this age group very well. The whole thing stinks of cronyism plain and simple. And isn't it interesting how the initial invitation emails didn't come from the Express, but rather from someone who will directly profit from this whole arrangement? As for your assinine comment about the best players who have worked hard, every kid on both the Piranhas and the Orange worked hard all year and deserved to finish their season out without meddling from over zealous parents. I have no problem with the organization wanting to put together the best team possible at this age group, and if my kid wasnt one of them, that's fine too, but the timing and manner in the way it was carried out was underhanded and shameless and the kids deserved better. For you to sit here and try to justify it shows just how clueless you really are.

My son played for trueblue and we had a great time this year! My two cents, maybe MC didn't feel that express coaches son's weren't at the level he wanted for that sharks team in the hills tournament and thats why you weren't invited? Could be, just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!! You Parents really need to get a hobby!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!! You Parents really need to get a hobby!!

looks like you need one as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good one! you got me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like an Express parent looking to churn things up..Stick to the problems in your own backyard..these issues have nothing to do with the orange or blue coaches or kids..its all channey wanting to take control over the 2017 group. his goal is to have this team become number one over the Turtles. Plain and simple..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like an Express parent looking to churn things up..Stick to the problems in your own backyard..these issues have nothing to do with the orange or blue coaches or kids..its all channey wanting to take control over the 2017 group. his goal is to have this team become number one over the Turtles. Plain and simple..

Yeah good luck with that one. Why would MC want to have a team to be number one OVER the Turtles when the Turtles are under the Express umbrella already. Do you not think there is room for improvement on the Turtles even though the blew through any competition along the east coast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another post that has nothing to do with the real issue. But good luck with your turtle envy, hope that works out for you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have more knowledge than you think. My son plays on the 2016 orange and we went thru the same thing last year. The kids had a great season and were given every chance to excel. Mike c was not familar with that age either but he can evaluate talent and can also give these kids what most other programs can not. These 2017 kids played hard and deserve to be given chances to go to the next level. I am sure they will have a tryout in the fall and they may adjust the team a little more. The kids also learn more because they are no longer superstars on their team they are now teamates that play at the same level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard MC runs a short bench?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have more knowledge than you think. My son plays on the 2016 orange and we went thru the same thing last year. The kids had a great season and were given every chance to excel. Mike c was not familar with that age either but he can evaluate talent and can also give these kids what most other programs can not. These 2017 kids played hard and deserve to be given chances to go to the next level. I am sure they will have a tryout in the fall and they may adjust the team a little more. The kids also learn more because they are no longer superstars on their team they are now teamates that play at the same level.

I don't think they played any harder than the kids that weren't picked, and IMO every kid should have an equal chance to go to the next level. That didn't happen here and thats the problem. As for tryouts, theyre a farce and everyone knows it, it's a straight money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is this fascination with MC? Yes he is a good lacrosse coach, but he's not the only man on Long Island that knows lacrosse, Plenty of other programs out there that have quality coaching and solid connections to the college pipeline. Everyone is brainwashed into believing you HAVE to play for Express if you want quality coaching and college looks. Yes Express is a good program, but not the only one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As this is a present issue with 2017 I would think your experience last year with your 2016 team may not give you the knowledge you feel you have. You have good points, however understand your situation may have been different.

With regard to how kids were chosen and who worked hard and deserved it, well, some of us know how the process went and others may have weak opinions. 2017 has plenty of talent.

This new team was NOT formed after 2012 summer tournaments were over. In fact, there were 2 more tournaments to play for existing Express teams. Practices were held and the new team played in charity tournament BEFORE the last tournament for the existing 2012 Express teams. There is no need to effect the integrity of an existing team to move forward in a new direction within organization.

Again, most do not have issues with the formation of the new 2017 Orange team, it was when and how it came to be. To defend or attempt to justify the process, well...

This is a forum for 2017, let them come here to vent if need be. 2016 has it's place as well. When the fall comes and players are dropped and replaced let those individuals feel free to share their opinions as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will grown-ups understand that as consumers YOU have the power to pay for the organization that you feel will teach your son the game. If as a grown-up you actually believe the myth that the summer team you play on has any bearing on how much/what school your son plays for then you will continue the myth. High schools play the best players...if they didn't they would not be successful. Good players play !!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As this is a present issue with 2017 I would think your experience last year with your 2016 team may not give you the knowledge you feel you have. You have good points, however understand your situation may have been different.

With regard to how kids were chosen and who worked hard and deserved it, well, some of us know how the process went and others may have weak opinions. 2017 has plenty of talent.

This new team was NOT formed after 2012 summer tournaments were over. In fact, there were 2 more tournaments to play for existing Express teams. Practices were held and the new team played in charity tournament BEFORE the last tournament for the existing 2012 Express teams. There is no need to effect the integrity of an existing team to move forward in a new direction within organization.

Again, most do not have issues with the formation of the new 2017 Orange team, it was when and how it came to be. To defend or attempt to justify the process, well...

This is a forum for 2017, let them come here to vent if need be. 2016 has it's place as well. When the fall comes and players are dropped and replaced let those individuals feel free to share their opinions as well.

Very nice post, pretty much suns it up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters will be a very good team if kids from orange and Korwan's team go there. And mix in with there talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters will be a very good team if kids from orange and Korwan's team go there. And mix in with there talent.

Lots of talk about this, my son is a Jesters kid and keeps asking me about this, Is there any truth to these rumors? A bunch of the Piranha kids and Express Orange team kids are looking to leave the Express? I've watched both teams play and if that's true you could put one [lacrosse] of a team together if you mixed all these kids together. With the right coaching it could be a very good team. Leave it to the Express to let good players go................

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard