BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 201 of 327 1 2 199 200 201 202 203 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coach Mitchell is an excellent coach. He has more knowledge about
lacrosse than just about anyone. He has never been my daughters coach but he has trained her. Trust me, he will make the players on his team the best they can be. His practices are second to none. I am not sure which team he is coaching {best team or worst team} I can only say that the girls on that roster are lucky!

Especially the FAF girls. He dropped 2 kids from attack to the 3rd team that are clearly faster and better than the 1 FAF he kept on attack. Not right and not fair.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally disagree. Graz is very dedicated (has the team in numerous year-round leagues, practices, etc), focused on making the girls better players and does not "yell all game". Also regarding "B/C divisions in tournaments and still didn't win", that is also not true. His team last summer only lost 4-5 games all summer long and two of those losses were to the Blue team and one was to M&D Black. The only bad loss was to TG Purple when their goalie played spectacular.

Many have left YJ because of Graz (as you call him). Yelling is not a substitute for knowing the game - basic fundamentals and key concepts are not his strong point and there are no life lessons coming from him. He promised to bring girls in so its about the money. They are calling it a blue team so people are excited about his team - until they get there. Also it was hard to understand him through his mumbling.

I'm going to agree with the original poster. My daughter played with Jones before being moved to Graz. She is 10x the coach he is. Yes, we play a lot of fall/winter lax, but that doesn't make him a good coach. That's just providing opportunities to play, not coaching. He's loud, demeaning and just cares about the next TG girl he can get on his team. My daughter plays plenty, believe me. That's not why I'm posting. Lets be honest. The second team of such a dominant program deserves much much better. And yes, he plays the girls down, that's why he wins. I'm not above admitting that and my daughter plays on the team. We want to see the best competition and he consistently puts us 2 and sometimes 3 brackets below Rose's team. I'm not bitter. I just expected more from the organization.

If your daughter played on Jones before being moved down to Graz, Im guessing this is a different age. Any which way, if this is true you are no longer anonymous. And you say your daughter still plays for Graz? Im sure she appreciates you singling her out, bitching about coach. Im sure thats really going to help her situation out.

Trust me, I'm not the only one dissatisfied with Rose's choice of coach. She moved up to Graz, not down. She wasn't alone. She doesn't like him either. It's a very unfortunate situation. You should be able to be happy about moving up, not the opposite. He is not a good coach or role model.

Maybe you should ask to move down if you not satisfied, why dont she like him, or is this another parent whose daughter got moved down. [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally disagree. Graz is very dedicated (has the team in numerous year-round leagues, practices, etc), focused on making the girls better players and does not "yell all game". Also regarding "B/C divisions in tournaments and still didn't win", that is also not true. His team last summer only lost 4-5 games all summer long and two of those losses were to the Blue team and one was to M&D Black. The only bad loss was to TG Purple when their goalie played spectacular.

I'm going to agree with the original poster. My daughter played with Jones before being moved to Graz. She is 10x the coach he is. Yes, we play a lot of fall/winter lax, but that doesn't make him a good coach. That's just providing opportunities to play, not coaching. He's loud, demeaning and just cares about the next TG girl he can get on his team. My daughter plays plenty, believe me. That's not why I'm posting. Lets be honest. The second team of such a dominant program deserves much much better. And yes, he plays the girls down, that's why he wins. I'm not above admitting that and my daughter plays on the team. We want to see the best competition and he consistently puts us 2 and sometimes 3 brackets below Rose's team. I'm not bitter. I just expected more from the organization.

If your daughter played on Jones before being moved down to Graz, Im guessing this is a different age. Any which way, if this is true you are no longer anonymous. And you say your daughter still plays for Graz? Im sure she appreciates you singling her out, bitching about coach. Im sure thats really going to help her situation out.

Trust me, I'm not the only one dissatisfied with Rose's choice of coach. She moved up to Graz, not down. She wasn't alone. She doesn't like him either. It's a very unfortunate situation. You should be able to be happy about moving up, not the opposite. He is not a good coach or role model.

Maybe you should ask to move down if you not satisfied, why dont she like him, or is this another parent whose daughter got moved down. [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read my posts. She got moved up 2 before this year.

Maybe you should ask to move down if you not satisfied, why dont she like him, or is this another parent whose daughter got moved down.
[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your daughter played on Jones before being moved down to Graz, Im guessing this is a different age. Any which way, if this is true you are no longer anonymous. And you say your daughter still plays for Graz? Im sure she appreciates you singling her out, bitching about coach. Im sure thats really going to help her situation out. [/quote]

Trust me, I'm not the only one dissatisfied with Rose's choice of coach. She moved up to Graz, not down. She wasn't alone. She doesn't like him either. It's a very unfortunate situation. You should be able to be happy about moving up, not the opposite. He is not a good coach or role model. [/quote]

Moving down is not a realistic option. With showcases available this year, only the top two teams have real access. She'll work with her HS coach and I. We'll teach her what she needs to know and help her improve. Her YJ coach won't. It's a shame.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me, I'm not the only one dissatisfied with Rose's choice of coach. She moved up to Graz, not down. She wasn't alone. She doesn't like him either. It's a very unfortunate situation. You should be able to be happy about moving up, not the opposite. He is not a good coach or role model. [/quote]

Moving down is not a realistic option. With showcases available this year, only the top two teams have real access. She'll work with her HS coach and I. We'll teach her what she needs to know and help her improve. Her YJ coach won't. It's a shame. [/quote]

It's a shame that this is your situation. I am sure you're not the only one who feels trapped in the YJ program after committing time and money. It is also tough to start in a new program because your kid will usually start on a lower team the first year in a new program then have to work their way up.
Parents of young YJ players take note, if you are not happy now, you probably wont be happy in a few years. Get out before you are trapped.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lacrosse than just about anyone. He has never been my daughters coach but he has trained her. Trust me, he will make the players on his team the best they can be. His practices are second to none. I am not sure which team he is coaching {best team or worst team} I can only say that the girls on that roster are lucky!

Especially the FAF girls. He dropped 2 kids from attack to the 3rd team that are clearly faster and better than the 1 FAF he kept on attack. Not right and not fair.

That’s how things work in YL land.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s how things work in YL land.

You people really are a bunch of losers. If you are not happy with the club go to another. So telling that so many kids from other clubs top teams transfer over to YJ , yet all of you have so many issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone help shed some light on the 2019 teams? It's clearly the largest age group. What is to be expected as a member of the Fleming group? Will this team play in all of the lowest brackets?And does anyone know anything more about who Fleming is?

I think she is a 2nd year player on Stony Brook and played on YJ. Since she is in college and will be tied up with lax at school she will not be around very much as she is the only coach listed and between school and lax will be very busy. Its a 6th team. I dont think it matters nor does YJ care what person they put in there to coach the team. I doubt she ever coached before and needed a name/warm body so that they can list somebody on that team as the coacj and cash your check. Just go with it. Where are you going to go now, all the tryouts are over so what options do you have?

What a douchy response.

Sounds like its your way of saying it was an accurate and honest response.

No its my way of saying what a [lacrosse] bag , sort of like you. Funny a collegiate player coaching a team sounds like TG except this one plays at stony brook so hopefully she is around more than most college coaches. Its even possible some of her teammates will help out so may be a good thing.
The whole Stony Brook team will probably help out, The whole team is comprised of Y.J. Alum

That's true three coaches slated for that team 6! I called and asked them

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Can someone help shed some light on the 2019 teams? It's clearly the largest age group. What is to be expected as a member of the Fleming group? Will this team play in all of the lowest brackets?And does anyone know anything more about who Fleming is?

I think she is a 2nd year player on Stony Brook and played on YJ. Since she is in college and will be tied up with lax at school she will not be around very much as she is the only coach listed and between school and lax will be very busy. Its a 6th team. I dont think it matters nor does YJ care what person they put in there to coach the team. I doubt she ever coached before and needed a name/warm body so that they can list somebody on that team as the coacj and cash your check. Just go with it. Where are you going to go now, all the tryouts are over so what options do you have?

No its my way of saying what a [lacrosse] bag , sort of like you. Funny a collegiate player coaching a team sounds like TG except this one plays at stony brook so hopefully she is around more than most college coaches. Its even possible some of her teammates will help out so may be a good thing.
The whole Stony Brook team will probably help out, The whole team is comprised of Y.J. Alum

That's true three coaches slated for that team 6! I called and asked them

Eeeesh so it is bad as we thought. Just have a random girl co
E each to babysit the 6th team. Not one coach that will run the show and get to know the girls. Surprised they admitted to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eeesh you are such a tool bag . You are condemning the coaching prior to them ever running a practice. Maybe 1 will consistently be there to run the show bringing several teamates with her for more individualized attention. Stop being a weasel and a scumbag and go back to your desimated TG team where the only good coach in the club left .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eeesh you are such a tool bag . You are condemning the coaching prior to them ever running a practice. Maybe 1 will consistently be there to run the show bringing several teamates with her for more individualized attention. Stop being a weasel and a scumbag and go back to your desimated TG team where the only good coach in the club left .

I really feel bad for all of you. You are so miserable and negative. Hopefully your kids can succeed despite your efforts to drag them down with your behavior and actions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree I am a yj parent and the whole bunch of you are pathetic from the one bashing the girls from SB to FAF comment to the one one bashing the 6th te am shut up and leave. Their are plenty of other clubs on the island go find one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree I am a yj parent and the whole bunch of you are pathetic from the one bashing the girls from SB to FAF comment to the one one bashing the 6th te am shut up and leave. Their are plenty of other clubs on the island go find one

No they are right where they belong. Yellow jacket parent through and through.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone help shed some light on the 2019 teams? It's clearly the largest age group. What is to be expected as a member of the Fleming group? Will this team play in all of the lowest brackets?And does anyone know anything more about who Fleming is?

I think that you already answered the questions

You do realize for starters, your daughter is on the 6th and last team in that age group. No, they will not be treated like the first 2 or 3 teams. They are the 6th and last team in that age group and will be treated as such. Minimal practices with kids who are not very dedicated to the sport, no winter league or things like that. They will be in the worst brackets at the worst tournaments. You will be lucky if your daughter meets her teammates before the first tournament. As a 6th team player, write your check and do as you are told and don't ask any questions. Yes, you can still buy a sweatshirt and wear it around and tell people your daughter is on YJ.

Well there is a response from a arogant a hole. Piles of new kids try out for these YJ teams every year. Its hard to sort out the talent when its close, so most new players are put on the bottom teams and will have to work their way up. You will only see a very small number of new players end up on the top teams, if any at all. Point is, unless your daughter is one of the few elite players new to the club, she will have to join at a lower team and standout from there to move up teams. One point mentuoned is true, the lower teams get less attention. Good Luck

My experience through several kids has been that once you hit high school ages, there is little turnover and the majority of "new kids" that make the top team come from outside the club. Very few are promoted from the lower teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2019 mom will be sleeping around at tourney this year?

Hey Now!

What tournaments have the wife swapping option? Do you register for that on laxwiz and wait to see whre you will be playing or is it a free agent market?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids are reading this forum, have a little class. Why r these posts able to go through???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize for starters, your daughter is on the 6th and last team in that age group. No, they will not be treated like the first 2 or 3 teams. They are the 6th and last team in that age group and will be treated as such. Minimal practices with kids who are not very dedicated to the sport, no winter league or things like that. They will be in the worst brackets at the worst tournaments. You will be lucky if your daughter meets her teammates before the first tournament. As a 6th team player, write your check and do as you are told and don't ask any questions. Yes, you can still buy a sweatshirt and wear it around and tell people your daughter is on YJ.

Well there is a response from a arogant a hole. Piles of new kids try out for these YJ teams every year. Its hard to sort out the talent when its close, so most new players are put on the bottom teams and will have to work their way up. You will only see a very small number of new players end up on the top teams, if any at all. Point is, unless your daughter is one of the few elite players new to the club, she will have to join at a lower team and standout from there to move up teams. One point mentuoned is true, the lower teams get less attention. Good Luck

My experience through several kids has been that once you hit high school ages, there is little turnover and the majority of "new kids" that make the top team come from outside the club. Very few are promoted from the lower teams.

Hardly any ever get moved up one HS starts. In the younger years they will always move at least one B team kid up to keep the illusion that you have a chance .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hardly any ever get moved up one HS starts. In the younger years they will always move at least one B team kid up to keep the illusion that you have a chance .

There have been many girls moved up in HS depending on the HS they attend. If you don't attend Northport, Mt. Sinai, ESM or Smithtown you don't have a chance of moving in the HS ages.

As far as the younger ages go, movement depends on where you live as well, and who you take lessons with (at $75 an hour….LOL).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There have been many girls moved up in HS depending on the HS they attend. If you don't attend Northport, Mt. Sinai, ESM or Smithtown you don't have a chance of moving in the HS ages.

As far as the younger ages go, movement depends on where you live as well, and who you take lessons with (at $75 an hour….LOL).

Yes this years B move up is FAF

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In what age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your kid didn't make it. Best of luck next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From my dealings with him, I can say that Graz is an abusive a-hole that has no idea how to coach. His roster will, once again, be the largest in the organization come spring because he'll grab 4-5 more girls without trying out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your kid didn't make it. Best of luck next year.

Yup didn't make a team this year (or last either) we left the program 2 years ago (after 8th grade), doing fine and almost ready to commit. Choosing between a mid-level D1 or top level D2, We knew my daughter was never ACC bound, but plays at the top of her club now and has been to states a few times already. How about your daughter, make it out of the Section Tournament yet?? lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm---

COSTA
LONIGRO
MITCHELL
MANNING

WOW!!!!!
SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF DADDY AND MOMMY COACHES

If your on Cook's Team you probably have the best Coach out there for the age group.

Your right, Cook is a good coach, but the issue is who will be running practice and games when she is not around.
I’m not sure I would want some inexperienced daddy coach handling that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where would she be, this is her only team now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hat does a HC get paid? Is it enough for this to be these coaches #1 priority?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you have a deal in place(as was seen this year with several age groups) you can potentially waste 2-3 years trying to move up to the top team even if you belong on it, this is why most kids won't move aftre a certain age - the odds are stacked against you between known entities (IE parents who spend money), F&F and legacy players that are already on the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you have a deal in place(as was seen this year with several age groups) you can potentially waste 2-3 years trying to move up to the top team even if you belong on it, this is why most kids won't move aftre a certain age - the odds are stacked against you between known entities (IE parents who spend money), F&F and legacy players that are already on the team

I have several kids playing lax both on top team and second team, so I offer perspective from both sides of the argument. All you see on this site is parents crying foul, my kid belongs on the top team or team above..... Is that because you see your daughter as an aggressive player that can dodge her way through defenders and score goal better than anyone else on her team? Most parents don't get what this game is about. The top teams are looking for contributors to team play, ball movement, player movement, redefends, defensive slides, mids getting back, seeting up plays, assisting, transition. It is much more than bulling in and taking a shot. Some of the worst players on a team score the most goals. Not saying "your" daughter doesn't belong on top team, but this board is full of crybabies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have several kids playing lax both on top team and second team, so I offer perspective from both sides of the argument. All you see on this site is parents crying foul, my kid belongs on the top team or team above..... Is that because you see your daughter as an aggressive player that can dodge her way through defenders and score goal better than anyone else on her team? Most parents don't get what this game is about. The top teams are looking for contributors to team play, ball movement, player movement, redefends, defensive slides, mids getting back, seeting up plays, assisting, transition. It is much more than bulling in and taking a shot. Some of the worst players on a team score the most goals. Not saying "your" daughter doesn't belong on top team, but this board is full of crybabies.[/quote]

AMEN!!! Best post of the year ^^^^^^^ *clapping*

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Standing ovation! Bunch of crying annoying parents. Get a job that occupies more of your time or read a self help book. You whiners will defend this all day long and you will refuse to see that you are the problem. Bravo to the post about the cry babies!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you have a deal in place(as was seen this year with several age groups) you can potentially waste 2-3 years trying to move up to the top team even if you belong on it, this is why most kids won't move aftre a certain age - the odds are stacked against you between known entities (IE parents who spend money), F&F and legacy players that are already on the team [/quote]

I have several kids playing lax both on top team and second team, so I offer perspective from both sides of the argument. All you see on this site is parents crying foul, my kid belongs on the top team or team above..... Is that because you see your daughter as an aggressive player that can dodge her way through defenders and score goal better than anyone else on her team? Most parents don't get what this game is about. The top teams are looking for contributors to team play, ball movement, player movement, redefends, defensive slides, mids getting back, seeting up plays, assisting, transition. It is much more than bulling in and taking a shot. Some of the worst players on a team score the most goals. Not saying "your" daughter doesn't belong on top team, but this board is full of crybabies. [/quote]

Well said... completely wrong, but well said. I've spoken to 2 YJ coaches (2018 and 2019) that directly told me that they're looking for scorers. They both said that everyone can catch and pass but they want girls who are not afraid to go to the net. I don't agree with them, but that's the reality of YJ. Glad you have "several" future All-Americans though. Hope they live up to your expectations.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I have several kids playing lax both on top team and second team, so I offer perspective from both sides of the argument. All you see on this site is parents crying foul, my kid belongs on the top team or team above..... Is that because you see your daughter as an aggressive player that can dodge her way through defenders and score goal better than anyone else on her team? Most parents don't get what this game is about. The top teams are looking for contributors to team play, ball movement, player movement, redefends, defensive slides, mids getting back, seeting up plays, assisting, transition. It is much more than bulling in and taking a shot. Some of the worst players on a team score the most goals. Not saying "your" daughter doesn't belong on top team, but this board is full of crybabies.

So very true!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN!!! Best post of the year ^^^^^^^ *clapping* [/quote]
There are several girls on the 3rd 2019 team that have all the skills you mention , but since they are not connected (FAF), they will never be moved up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post however reality is a bit different. This ball great movement you speak of doesn't really happen on our team. Everything goes through just a few kids....I'm not crying but that is a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best post of the year???? Are you new? That's obviously not how it works.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Standing ovation! Bunch of crying annoying parents. Get a job that occupies more of your time or read a self help book. You whiners will defend this all day long and you will refuse to see that you are the problem. Bravo to the post about the cry babies!

You must be part of the FAF group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This FAF group is who actually people who r related people from the same town or people who's kids have played lax together for at least the last 10 yrs. the way I see it. That is about 75percent of. Yj. Dont you think it would be better if u just get over it. I know you think your kid is good and they probably are ok but y does it always have to be someone else's (child's) fault that ur kid got moved down or isn't getting the chance to move up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best post of the year???? Are you new? That's obviously not how it works.

Not how what works? It is how the game of lacrosse works.

So yes, best post of the year. Someone who actually understands the sport and recognizes what makes a player stand out. Nowhere did they say that scoring wasn't important. The end result of everything they stated is to win the game by scoring more goals than the other team:

"contributors to team play, ball movement, player movement, redefends, defensive slides, mids getting back, setting up plays, assisting, transition. It is much more than bulling in and taking a shot."

We all know girls who's parents stand on the sidelines and yell constantly "GO TO GOAL, GO TO GOAL!"

What a disservice to the girl and the team.

So again ... best post of year ... props!

Like Reply Quote
Page 201 of 327 1 2 199 200 201 202 203 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard