BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 29 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Smithtown East - don't believe the hype - stay grounded and you have the tools to be state champs. Everyone must check their ego at the door and play as a team. Period. Just ask Smithtown West.....

They will need to get past Massapequa first

Pequa had there run, best players graduated, much different team this year, kind of like S west, where S East will only be stronger. Syosset will be the best Nassau team this year by leaps! But easy with claiming victory over Hill. You beat their JV team, not that impressive!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown East - don't believe the hype - stay grounded and you have the tools to be state champs. Everyone must check their ego at the door and play as a team. Period. Just ask Smithtown West.....

Pequa had there run, best players graduated, much different team this year, kind of like S west, where S East will only be stronger. Syosset will be the best Nassau team this year by leaps! But easy with claiming victory over Hill. You beat their JV team, not that impressive!

Any score from the fall is totally irrelevant to indicate what any of these teams will be in the spring, coaches do not play to win, they play the full team, they are trying to get kids recruited and squads are not full. Anybody that thinks Massapequa is not going to be good this year is crazy, they have 7 - 8 D1 commits and until they get knocked out they are still the defending state champions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calabria will be sulking again at next years dinner when he has to hand the county trophy to Pequa again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any score from the fall is totally irrelevant to indicate what any of these teams will be in the spring, coaches do not play to win, they play the full team, they are trying to get kids recruited and squads are not full. Anybody that thinks Massapequa is not going to be good this year is crazy, they have 7 - 8 D1 commits and until they get knocked out they are still the defending state champions.

They won't be good, lost all the best players. Sorry that the truth hurts! They barely made it past S East last year, who will be much better this year. Syosset has a much stronger squad, Good luck, you will need a lot of it! You never know what could happen in lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa looks to repeat as State Champs with a loaded roster coming back. Syo needs a lot of luck especially with JC at the helm. He spends more time complaining to the officials and talking to the oppsing teams players than he does coaching his own team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa looks to repeat as State Champs with a loaded roster coming back. Syo needs a lot of luck especially with JC at the helm. He spends more time complaining to the officials and talking to the oppsing teams players than he does coaching his own team.

not happening. not a chance, other team with far more "loaded" rosters!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt Brodie Merrill was coaching JV squad. However I agree fall games are not indicative of Spring season predictions. A healthy Syosset is going to be tough and for all you haters the score at half was 6-4 vs Pequa so other than SE who else played Pequa that tough by the end of the year at their full strength.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules up on section 11

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa scoring vs Syosset that day was done majority by the Juniors. Syo will lose again to Pequa in the county finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea ok dream on time will tell

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would there be any hype? This team hasn't won anything and the program does not havie a winning tradition. A lot to prove and nothing yet on the board. Lets see them win something before submitting the HOF ballots. I bet they are on the outside looking in again at the end. The only way they get through is if the rest of the league is down compared to recent years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the Suffolk coaches doing about the helmet issues? We need some clarity. The power is in schools to put pressure on the companies to let us know what is happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa scoring vs Syosset that day was done majority by the Juniors. Syo will lose again to Pequa in the county finals.

Most of the Syosset players that day were sophomores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would there be any hype? This team hasn't won anything and the program does not havie a winning tradition. A lot to prove and nothing yet on the board. Lets see them win something before submitting the HOF ballots. I bet they are on the outside looking in again at the end. The only way they get through is if the rest of the league is down compared to recent years.

Say what you want they are LOADED- Could always be an upset come playoff time though-

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the Suffolk coaches doing about the helmet issues? We need some clarity. The power is in schools to put pressure on the companies to let us know what is happening.

Plan on not being able to wear the 2 helmets that failed testing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a stupid and jealous thing to say. This is the best team that S East has ever had. They are the favorites to win it all this year. And it won't be because the league is "down". S East has no reason to be on the outside looking in, you do remember that they were County champs last year for the fist year ever, and lost by one in LIC. I'd say that is pretty damn impressive! But we all know a lot of upsets can happen in lax. Good luck to all the teams. Who wants it??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you talking to the kids or the parents?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Say what you want they are LOADED- Could always be an upset come playoff time though-

Their failure to get off the Island was because they failed to grasp the team concept. Loaded with individual talent rarely wins a championship. Not getting off the Island again will be a massive failure. Unless the individuals start playing unselfishly, they'll be starting their summer early again. Pressure is on big time to prove they can play as a team and not individuals. Too many big D1 egos for that to happen. I predict an early exit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their failure to get off the Island was because they failed to grasp the team concept. Loaded with individual talent rarely wins a championship. Not getting off the Island again will be a massive failure. Unless the individuals start playing unselfishly, they'll be starting their summer early again. Pressure is on big time to prove they can play as a team and not individuals. Too many big D1 egos for that to happen. I predict an early exit.

Starting summer early? county champs is not ending the season early last I checked. Lost by one in LIC a game which could easily have gone either way. All the big teams carry the big egos. Why are you so negative against s east? I suspect your are a parent of a benchwarmer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Starting summer early? county champs is not ending the season early last I checked. Lost by one in LIC a game which could easily have gone either way. All the big teams carry the big egos. Why are you so negative against s east? I suspect your are a parent of a benchwarmer.

Not winning a state championship will be considered a massive failure and starting the summer early. Lets see if they can handle the pressure of the ultimate expectation that they will win it all. I bet they will wilt in spotlight because they have no tradition or legacy of winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched Smithtown East play 5 times last year and they "Played as a Team" in all 5. Very smart and very skilled. Much more of a Team than some of the traditional powers. I guess that is why they were Suffolk County Champs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not winning a state championship will be considered a massive failure and starting the summer early. Lets see if they can handle the pressure of the ultimate expectation that they will win it all. I bet they will wilt in spotlight because they have no tradition or legacy of winning.

How did your legacy work out last year? Oh yea, ELIMINATED. Didn't even make it to counties! Did you wilt under the pressure? Pathetic. Why don't you worry about how your team will handle the pressure and enjoy the process, instead of being a nasty toolbag?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched Smithtown East play 5 times last year and they "Played as a Team" in all 5. Very smart and very skilled. Much more of a Team than some of the traditional powers. I guess that is why they were Suffolk County Champs.

yes county champs & they have the rings to prove it! ....rings for winning county....lmao.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes county champs & they have the rings to prove it! ....rings for winning county....lmao.

Tradition starts! Let's keep it going!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Winning the county means nothing if you can't get off the Island. The only thing that matters is winning the State. lmao.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only goal that matters to the best programs is winning states. Loser programs are happy with county.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually nobody from "da Island" got off of it last year as the state playoffs were at Hofstra.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched Smithtown East play 5 times last year and they "Played as a Team" in all 5. Very smart and very skilled. Much more of a Team than some of the traditional powers. I guess that is why they

The only goal that matters to the best programs is winning states. Loser programs are happy with county.

Yes, county win is a huge honor. How did your "best program" do last year? Oh yeah, ELIMINATED! I guess that's why you're still crying!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was huge for SE to win Suffolk last year. Everyone had the other Smithtown winning but they played as individuals. SE played the ultimate team game as a team. They happen to come up one goal short vs a quality Pequa team but did won the toughest conference in the country. Stay classy East and good luck this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. SW had way more talent last year but that group was about their own stats. Complete disappointment. SE much better team play. Gotta think they will be favorite for County's the next 2 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. SW had way more talent last year but that group was about their own stats. Complete disappointment. SE much better team play. Gotta think they will be favorite for County's the next 2 years.
Way too early but what of Nassau A, B, and C projections?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about the county. Can they win the State?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask all the coaches and players if nobody cares about winning the most competitive public hs leauge. Any team that wins Suffolk A is the real deal!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask all the coaches and players if nobody cares about winning the most competitive public hs leauge. Any team that wins Suffolk A is the real deal!
Nobody cares about the winner of the county if they can't go all the way. Losing to the Nassau or upstate champ will make the county seem hollow. It's winning the state or nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about the winner of the county if they can't go all the way. Losing to the Nassau or upstate champ will make the county seem hollow. It's winning the state or nothing.

Unless the upstate A teams improve significantly, the team that wins L.I. will not have a problem winning the state. Pequa won the semi and the final very wide margins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only person who would say such a stupid thing is someone bitter overy losing. Get over it, you'll have another chance this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it's the most competitive public hs league (debatable) then winning the county should mean winning the state. IF you win the best county then by definition it would be a huge disappointment to then not win the state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it's the most competitive public hs league (debatable) then winning the county should mean winning the state. IF you win the best county then by definition it would be a huge disappointment to then not win the state.

wrong wrong wrong - it is a great conference because of the depth of excellent teams - all those years that Manhasset won the state C titles did not make that a great conference it made them a great team in a weak conference, Mass won the states last year and that hardly made Nassau A a great conference. Nobody on LI would say that Nassau A was better then Suffolk A but they did produce the State Champions,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wrong wrong wrong - it is a great conference because of the depth of excellent teams - all those years that Manhasset won the state C titles did not make that a great conference it made them a great team in a weak conference, Mass won the states last year and that hardly made Nassau A a great conference. Nobody on LI would say that Nassau A was better then Suffolk A but they did produce the State Champions,

By one goal! showing that LI rocks. both county champs, and all the runners up should be proud of their accomplishments. Many hard fought battles. For some [lacrosse] to minimize the accomplishments of any of the teams is just sad. Good luck to all the programs, looking forward to a great, competitive season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess what you are saying is supporting his argument. If you win Suffolk A you are by default considered the best team in the best conference so you should go all the way and if not then its a disappointing season and brings into question how good the conference is. What you are saying is that the Suffolk A champ is the best HS team out there because they won the best conference. But if they don't win the State then what does that say about the conference?

Page 24 of 29 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard