BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,851
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 45 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 has better quality commits than the Turtles. Bottom line

This is a great point to discuss. If we believe that the 91 commits are better quality than the Turtles, why can't they win any games??? ANY??
The only reason these teams haven't played is because 91 can't get themselves into the playoffs of any events or request to not play them.
so the options are 91 either has the WORST coach in he history of club (which we all know he's the best, just ask him) or the latter that they just aren't as good.
let me help you with your first and only lame argument, oh the turtles have been together longer blah blah blah.
Better quality commits, with an all world coach, and no quality wins!! C'mon MAN! Congrats on all the commits but better players play better lacrosse..and that my friend is the BOTTOM LINE

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. They each have bucknell which cxl each other out. Turtles 2x Fairfield is pretty equivalent to 91 Fairfield and BU. Turtles 2x harvard equal to 91 2x penn.

Now if you compare the rest you're splitting hairs but think turtles 3x hop, Maryland, UVA, unc, duke bests the 91 lineup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT!??? The team can't win a game. I challenge you to watch one game, just one. The kids don't move the ball. They are making it very easy for their "competition". It's going to be interesting as the next few years show top schools wiggling out from verbal deals with the kids on that lead balloon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So glad there are so many qualified posters on here espousing doctrine of what constitutes a "good" recruit and which schools should be interested, etc, etc. TX could learn a few things from the crowd here.

Ha! Ha!

There is something to be said for it though. We have kids here in the DMV who are committed to ACC schools and literally can't play. Our club is still howling at how UVa was duped into one Landon kid last year and that is just one example of the hype machine equaling attention for a player. Duke has some weak commits in the 2017 class and in the 2016 class. Ditto UVa and UNC. There are early recruiting misses all up and down the beltway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2017 Orange hasn't beaten any of the best teams. Actually last summer they got hammered in most tournaments they played. I'm shocked they have so many D1 commits because I've seen them play numerous times and they never once impressed me.
B Level ball. What not to do Lacrosse. No pass ball. B at best.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many more are left that didn't verbal? What about the two Goalies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So about 90% of the 2017 verbals came from these two Teams? Incredible. I guess all the mid level DI will be coming soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yet they lose games to crappy teams at Crabfeast and at fl$ in 3d. Last I checked Turtles have not lost a game in a couple years and has played very few competitive games. That is straight up wrong. If there are a dozen high level commits on 91, including two Dukes, then those programs made about 10 recruiting mistakes.

And the 91 boys will be laughing all the way to the better schools. Lax mission acomplished!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it possible that every Player on the Turtles will go D1??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is such a rediculess statement and clearly meant to fan flames on a fire you would like to see started but no one here is going to take the hook, troll.
You are wrong. They deserve that the hook be taken, and run with. crooked stuff. Watch as they win one game for every seven played. Run from the sinking ship, run

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all out of control and should be ashamed of yourselves. This is about the kids not the adults pounding their chests. What a joke you are making of this sport!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2017 Orange hasn't beaten any of the best teams. Actually last summer they got hammered in most tournaments they played. I'm shocked they have so many D1 commits because I've seen them play numerous times and they never once impressed me.
B Level ball. What not to do Lacrosse. No pass ball. B at best.

No dog in this fight, but I guess this cements the theory that you do not have to be on a winning team to be recruited....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B Level
ball. What not to do Lacrosse. No pass ball. B at best.

No dog in this fight, but I guess this cements the theory that you do not have to be on a winning team to be recruited....

Not just recruited, recruited to better schools than the chest pounding fathers. Who's laughing now? Hahahahahaha. 5 years from now.....Turtles who? It will matter more where you graduated from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it possible that every Player on the Turtles will go D1??

don't know but wouldn't want to be the last kid not to be taken. Awkward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great comment on the volume of this diluting the substance. My kid was an All-Star at session two or three or four of the IL Showcase this fall. I am not even sure which one and am certainly not sure it is a great accolade. If it was the emails or calls from our club coach would be streaming in and they are not. This whole shout out thing over Twitter and blog sites like Ty Xanders or 3d is like getting the kids and the dads in the white van for some candy and a ride.

Have never belly laughed on site until now. So true. All great humor has a basis in truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you think we all sat on the NJ TPKE for the last 5 years? Bragging rights. Our last hurah. Next stop, Fla to die! My heart goes out to anyone who has to go through the craziness more than once!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great comment on the volume of this diluting the substance. My kid was an All-Star at session two or three or four of the IL Showcase this fall. I am not even sure which one and am certainly not sure it is a great accolade. If it was the emails or calls from our club coach would be streaming in and they are not. This whole shout out thing over Twitter and blog sites like Ty Xanders or 3d is like getting the kids and the dads in the white van for some candy and a ride.

Have never belly laughed on site until now. So true. All great humor has a basis in truth.

Funny...saw burrito boy taking marching orders over the phone on what to write on his blog #waterboy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By far the weakest area of the team. They have 5-6 D1 poles playing in front of them which makes them look better than they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By far the weakest area of the team. They have 5-6 D1 poles playing in front of them which makes them look better than they are.

I wouldn't say weakest area- just not much for them to do. They will shine individually at showcases. Goalies are usually recruited late. The downside to playing with great teams as a goalie- you aren't needed as much and it's harder to show what you've got. Any top team goalie will have these issues unless the team challenges themselves. And I'm not the goalie's dad or mom/ just a parent of a goalie that sees these pitfalls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yet that post shows exactly what a dk you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So glad there are so many qualified posters on here espousing doctrine of what constitutes a "good" recruit and which schools should be interested, etc, etc. TX could learn a few things from the crowd here.

Ha! Ha!

There is something to be said for it though. We have kids here in the DMV who are committed to ACC schools and literally can't play. Our club is still howling at how UVa was duped into one Landon kid last year and that is just one example of the hype machine equaling attention for a player. Duke has some weak commits in the 2017 class and in the 2016 class. Ditto UVa and UNC. There are early recruiting misses all up and down the beltway.

There is something to be said for what? You just proved the point.

Yes, your opinion is much more valuable than those of the recruiting staff at the schools you mentioned. Yes, Duke, how many national championships recently, are clueless about their 2017 recruiting.

You are entitled to your opinion and this is a public forum, but seriously, too many armchair coaches on this board. Real coaches have a method to their recruiting. Some recruits may possess a certain skill that meets a need for a team that the armchair guys don't recognize or appreciate. Perhaps they are college coaches because they are just a heck of a lot better at evaluating talent than people coaching on an Internet forum.

The value of this forum collapses when people just want to spout worthless opinions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False. There is NO weakness to the Turtle team. The two goalies are excellent players and work great with all the poles on the team. The shots these two boys see in the practices are 50X better than what they would see in a HS game or ANY club game. You are WAY off on your comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False. There is NO weakness to the Turtle team. The two goalies are excellent players and work great with all the poles on the team. The shots these two boys see in the practices are 50X better than what they would see in a HS game or ANY club game. You are WAY off on your comment.

Where are they committed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't say weakest area- just not much for them to do. They will shine individually at showcases. Goalies are usually recruited late. The downside to playing with great teams as a goalie- you aren't needed as much and it's harder to show what you've got. Any top team goalie will have these issues unless the team challenges themselves. And I'm not the goalie's dad or mom/ just a parent of a goalie that sees these pitfalls.

The best goalie in the grade have already committed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie is one of the strongest positions in the 2017 class if not the strongest. It's just a fact that 1 of the Turtles goalies is not a top level player as most of his teammates are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was awesome!! Way to go Norm!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been around the DMV club scene as a parent and coach for a long time, and without shooting negatives at any one club or prep school, there is something important most people including Ty Xanders don't get. Some early verbals are outstanding players including many Turtles, but some are not. Those aren't diamonds in the rough, they are non-impact recruits. What is a non-impact recruit? Think Rudy in the Notre Dame movie. Here in the DMV you have clubs who need commits to survive and attract the next generation of competitive kids and parents. Some of the top lacrosse prep schools here have less than 100 kids per grade and 25 per grade who want to play D1 lacrosse and it is not too cynical to suggest enrollment would be hurt at these over $25K a year schools. College coaches are in a great position when pushy club or prep coach calls begging for him to take a player they think little of IF 1. It is made clear the family will pay full freight, 2. It is made clear the kid will be a walk-on and may even need to tryout to stay on the roster, 3. It is made clear the kid and family will be fulfilled to be a 4 year practice player with realistic hopes of getting into a blowout or two like Rudy, and 4. The kid plays for a club and goes to a prep school that will develop him into a good college practice player and maybe more as a pleasant surprise.

The DMV fills college roster benches with these kids by the bushel every year. For Dom Starsia and the rest it is like nothing down financing for what may be a useful player and they get a free option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like the ultimate lax bro Branford winstonworth? Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been around the DMV club scene as a parent and coach for a long time, and without shooting negatives at any one club or prep school, there is something important most people including Ty Xanders don't get. Some early verbals are outstanding players including many Turtles, but some are not. Those aren't diamonds in the rough, they are non-impact recruits. What is a non-impact recruit? Think Rudy in the Notre Dame movie. Here in the DMV you have clubs who need commits to survive and attract the next generation of competitive kids and parents. Some of the top lacrosse prep schools here have less than 100 kids per grade and 25 per grade who want to play D1 lacrosse and it is not too cynical to suggest enrollment would be hurt at these over $25K a year schools. College coaches are in a great position when pushy club or prep coach calls begging for him to take a player they think little of IF 1. It is made clear the family will pay full freight, 2. It is made clear the kid will be a walk-on and may even need to tryout to stay on the roster, 3. It is made clear the kid and family will be fulfilled to be a 4 year practice player with realistic hopes of getting into a blowout or two like Rudy, and 4. The kid plays for a club and goes to a prep school that will develop him into a good college practice player and maybe more as a pleasant surprise.

The DMV fills college roster benches with these kids by the bushel every year. For Dom Starsia and the rest it is like nothing down financing for what may be a useful player and they get a free option.

Amazing look at what might be the inside truth with a lot of this recruiting stuff. Never thought of it this way, but it explains how some players are able to get north of a 50% offer. If you have two or three kids per year that get zero it adds up quickly. Thanks for the info, and clarity on a very cloudy process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best schools in the country still haven't commited a goalie yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are they committed?

No place yet. But WHAT DOES THAT MATTER? Just because they aren't committed yet means they aren't top level players? Thats ridiculous. By your question, it shows your son isn't committed yet either. A parent would NEVER ask that, whom has been through the recruiting process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all out of control and should be ashamed of yourselves. This is about the kids not the adults pounding their chests. What a joke you are making of this sport!

Thank you. There is something psychologically wrong with adults calling out specific teen players except for praise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are all insane. Your kids are committed to amazing Division 1 schools. You have achieved the ultimate goal that 99% of all youth athletes will never accomplish. Regardless of which is the best club team, realize that all of these boys (and parents!) were recruited because they put in a lot of time, practice and car miles to get there. Try to enjoy the moment for once.

WHAT!??? The team can't win a game. I challenge you to watch one game, just one. The kids don't move the ball. They are making it very easy for their "competition". It's going to be interesting as the next few years show top schools wiggling out from verbal deals with the kids on that lead balloon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I pain to not offend others on this threat, but this has been a quiet bargain between DMV club and prep school guys and top college coaches for years. Top level D1 programs take getting the very best kids very seriously. Yes, there are dynamite 2017 kids committed. But giving 1/3rd or 1/2 scholarships are something coaches have to be very judicious with and that happens very rarely...3 maybe 4 recruits a year. The rest are chaos theory chips on red and black. The commits game is like the drug dealer chapter in Outliers. Most drug dealers are just users living with their parents. Only a few drug dealers "win" the tournament and make money...of course at the risk and later expense of going to jail. In lacrosse most DMV parents will shell out over a hundred grand on club and school tuitions and nobody wins the tournament, all DMV lacrosse parents are users and to "win" the tournament is to have cocktail party proud moments and to see junior run through the tunnel in a college uniform like Rudy. Do yourselves a better favor...use lacrosse only for admissions tickets to ride a great academic school. That is the only real winner of you are a parent user of the lacrosse drug.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the entire Turtle Team play lacrosse at the D1 level. What a story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schools don't commit a goalie every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And they may not. don't need a goalie every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the entire Turtle Team play lacrosse at the D1 level. What a story.

Will be very awkward for the boys that don't commit, or commit to low level programs with all the hype. Way too much pressure on these boys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schools are always looking for goalies and would take one every year if there is mutual interest. Roster sizes have bloated into the 50s and soon may go to 60 with all the walk on volunteer interest in college lacrosse. It is preposterous to suggest programs aren't looking for goalies and all other positions every year when they are taking 12-15 recruits in per year. Some Ivies currently have less than 4 goalies rostered but that has more to do with fewer kids meeting academic requirements than anything else. Anyone who says otherwise is a goalie dad hoping there is less competition for junior when he gets to college.

Page 28 of 45 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard