BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 94 of 144 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
According to U.S. News, Long Island's top 10 high schools are:

1. Jericho High School; Jericho
2. Manhasset Secondary School; Manhasset
3. William A. Shine Great Neck South High School; Great Neck
4. Garden City High School; Garden City
5. South Side High School, Rockville Centre
6. Cold Spring Harbor High School; Cold Spring Harbor
7. The Wheatley School; Old Westbury
8. Syosset Senior High School; Syosset
9. Herricks High School; New Hyde Park
10. Harborfields High School; Greenlawn

The flaw in this list is that it ranks only public schools.
It is very likely that a listing of the best schools on Long island including publics, privates and religious such as Chaminade, St. A's, Friends, Kellenberg, Sacred Heart, Mercy, Portledge, Waldorf and Stony Brook would be significantly different (especially at the top).

Here are some very interesting stats
Almost 13 thousand kids go to Catholic High Schools on LI
(up almost 2o% percent in the past 10 years).

The draw to the Catholic High Schools is about 60% from catholic elementary/ 40% from public

Chaminade takes those kids that score best on the test.

Lastly, 100% of Chaminade kids applied and were accepted to colleges last year. Most public schools can't say that.

The sentence is where you went off the rails. Of course 100% were accepted. They don't take any kids that have any academic issues. Or any other issues. Publics are REQUIRED to educate every student that resides in the district, despite any issue. Can't compare.

Nobody cares about your rankings except your Realtor and receiver of Taxes. Our kids go to Catholic schools because they want to. They are part something that bonds them for a lifetime.

Pedophelia?

That never happens in public schools, huh? I guess all the stories I have been reading in the press lately about teachers forcing themselves on children in public schools are fiction because we all know that only happens in Catholic schools.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any 2017 teams need anyone?

I believe the Express are always looking to add.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is very likely that a listing of the best schools on Long island including publics, privates and religious such as Chaminade, St. A's, Friends, Kellenberg, Sacred Heart, Mercy, Portledge, Waldorf and Stony Brook would be significantly different (especially at the top).

The draw to the Catholic High Schools is about 60% from catholic elementary/ 40% from public

Lastly, 100% of Chaminade kids applied and were accepted to colleges last year. Most public schools can't say that.

The sentence is where you went off the rails. Of course 100% were accepted. They don't take any kids that have any academic issues. Or any other issues. Publics are REQUIRED to educate every student that resides in the district, despite any issue. Can't compare.

Nobody cares about your rankings except your Realtor and receiver of Taxes. Our kids go to Catholic schools because they want to. They are part something that bonds them for a lifetime.

Pedophelia?

WOW! You're a sick twist!! Can't figure out if you're jealous you can't afford for your kid to attend one of these schools or if your kid can't make the grade to get into one of them, either way you're an idiot! And you just insulted an entire group of people who work tirelessly in their dedication to their faith, just an FYI there genius not all clergy are pedophiles.

Perhaps a new thread is in order called "Back of the Class"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pedophelia?

That never happens in public schools, huh? I guess all the stories I have been reading in the press lately about teachers forcing themselves on children in public schools are fiction because we all know that only happens in Catholic schools.

You are the one talking about how there is a special bond...I expect the teachers to be good and bad in public schools. You are putting your trust in a bunch of celibate men and women. I choose not to do that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pedophelia?

You are the one talking about how there is a special bond...I expect the teachers to be good and bad in public schools. You are putting your trust in a bunch of celibate men and women. I choose not to do that.

Friendships among classmates that last a lifetime. What a disrespectful and horrible thing to say.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pedophelia?

WOW! You're a sick twist!! Can't figure out if you're jealous you can't afford for your kid to attend one of these schools or if your kid can't make the grade to get into one of them, either way you're an idiot! And you just insulted an entire group of people who work tirelessly in their dedication to their faith, just an FYI there genius not all clergy are pedophiles.

Perhaps a new thread is in order called "Back of the Class"

How about if you guess a lifetime educated catholic school graduate. Funny, isn't it?
And the kids aren't choosing, the parents are! And unless the lax gods pull him into the warm embrace of a free ride to Chaminade, we'll be sending our kids to public schools with the rest of the heathens!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pedophelia?

No, think it's racially insensitive behavior

Wasn't that front page Newsday? Catholic school kids acting badly,again!

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
This line of subject matter must cease now or this thread is headed for the vault.

Please don't test me. Get back on track.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally, I choose to raise my family in an affluent community that values education and is listed amongst the top schools on that list. Our public school sends 95+% of its students to college every year, while giving my son a racially diverse co-educational experience, without the religious dogma

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally, I choose to raise my family in an affluent community that values education and is listed amongst the top schools on that list. Our public school sends 95+% of its students to college every year, while giving my son a racially diverse co-educational experience, without the religious dogma

There was maybe 1 school on that list Harborfields that has a racially diverse student body.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not everyone can afford an "affluent" community. You do know that right?

How about we get back to LACROSSE? This is Back of the CAGE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well I choose to raise my family in an impoverished community that does not value education and is listed among the bottom schools on any list. What a toolbag you are!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course I know that. I moved my family there so my children wouldn't be exposed to the likes of you and your family. Other than when we kick your a** on the lacrosse field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
This line of subject matter must cease now or this thread is headed for the vault.

You just don't see or hear the same amount of animosity, disdain and hatred on other threads.Perhaps just the mere mention of that organization brings out the worst in folks.Why I wonder?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are the 2021 kids doing this fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know When will we know what tournaments 2022 and 2021 will be in . I have two boys and no info yet . Has any teams recieved their schedule . Assuming these grades will not in Fall tourneys being no word . Can anyone elaborate . Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just don't see or hear the same amount of animosity, disdain and hatred on other threads.Perhaps just the mere mention of that organization brings out the worst in folks.Why I wonder?

cant imagine.everyone loves Express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know When will we know what tournaments 2022 and 2021 will be in . I have two boys and no info yet . Has any teams recieved their schedule . Assuming these grades will not in Fall tourneys being no word . Can anyone elaborate . Thank you.

2019 thread was looking for 2019 express info. Heard they are traveling up the east coast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cant imagine.everyone loves Express

Who wouldn't want to play on a team with 30+ other guys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 is a complete waste of time with the express it is all about the coaches kids and they are not even that good to say they deserve it . The head coach is a puppet and just does it so his kid can play for free .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 is a complete waste of time with the express it is all about the coaches kids and they are not even that good to say they deserve it . The head coach is a puppet and just does it so his kid can play for free .

Which Team????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a smart guy. I pay 1500 for my kid to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YEA MAN !

Great thoughts shared from a Team Cancer !

Great that you have moved on to another !

Enjoy your next adventure .

Sincerely the 2021 Express Teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Name of coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not think it is the team it is the organization

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TC and doughnut boy Berry who is too busy trying to keep track of his phone on the sideline ...... good luck with that group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TC and doughnut boy Berry who is too busy trying to keep track of his phone on the sideline ...... good luck with that group

I had heard Berry was not coaching for Express this year?? Any truth?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Berry is coaching with powers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

which team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tortoises which replaces the wolves but under turtle power.

quote=Anonymous]

which team? [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes heard the Wolves name has changed to Tortoises as well because of Powers relationship with the Turtles and no this team.

The tortoises which replaces the wolves but under turtle power.

quote=Anonymous]

which team?
[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any clue on how Express Westchester 2022 team is? We are playing them in the Havoc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a lesson in all these criticisms of travel lacrosse and someone should write it up for the Harvard Business Review. A year ago Jesters didn't think they even needed to respond to parents who plunked down $100 to tryout....this year they were forced to send emails pleading for these same parents to bring their kid to a second (now free!) tryout to field a team. Express B parents woke up and realized they are the red headed step child and many moved as a block to the newly expanded Igloo program. Now youo also have Empire in the mixe and HDD and Legacy combinging. If there is a lesson it is probably "don't rest on your laurels" because the landscape for travel lacrosse on LI is dynamic is changing year-to-year. Maybe soon all directors will realize that they need to serve their customers (i.e. help all the kids developp and get better) or watch them flock to other programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YEA MAN !

Great thoughts shared from a Team Cancer !

Great that you have moved on to another !

Enjoy your next adventure .

Sincerely the 2021 Express Teams.

The only cancer on that team was the coaches, absolutely terrible. They should have been fired not demoted. Good Luck Mr. Powers, maybe you can get their kids off the field and find some real talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just out of curiosity saw the wolverines top players today playing for 2021 Legacys A team in their tournament , did the wolverines fold ? MC was there with his 2022 team so it's no secret that those kids are playing on Legacy. What's the status with the wolverines?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 2022, 2021, and 2020 teams do today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another detective on the prowl.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just out of curiosity saw the wolverines top players today playing for 2021 Legacys A team in their tournament , did the wolverines fold ? MC was there with his 2022 team so it's no secret that those kids are playing on Legacy. What's the status with the wolverines?

Who's the kid on the 8th grade team thats afraid to go near the ball? a real ground ball specialist! camps out near the cage when its safe to put him in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 2022, 2021, and 2020 teams do today?

2022 beat TLI White, 3V, and Legacy. I guess turning over 3/4 of the team was correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another detective on the prowl.

Guess you were on the losing end�Get used to it and you will be a much happier person. Why does it matter if people are looking for results?? That is what this site is for, unfortunately we share it with people like you!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 94 of 144 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard