BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,688
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 163 of 327 1 2 161 162 163 164 165 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think Ivy League coaches with financial aid departments behind them and large endowments really consider parents income in selecting players??? For the top ivy programs it is about skills first and than academics. If someone falls into that category early then great. Penn had a 2016 commit last September. There are lots of fantastic players from lots of clubs trying to play I. The Ivy League but don't have the scores.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes I go to bed wishing I lived in Manhasset. You forgot something besides the kids being really smart & the coach having the right connections the parents who live in Manhasset have 7 figure incomes & that says a lot when the Ivies dont offer athletic scholarships. I think that figures in your equation as well, just look at the Garden City kids and how many go to Ivy league schools. Us southshore kids dont stand a chance ever heard the expression white trash?
Don't consider yourself white trash just because you live on the south shore. Legacy does play a part into getting into the Ivies, as does economic ability, but what seems to get lost, especially to you Y.J. parents, is that S.A.T. scores and high school transcripts are the determining factor. As far as C.R. contacts to those schools, I'll let her record as posted on your beloved commit list speak for itself. As far as Liberty being a "lesser" club than Yellow Jackets, thaat may be true. What your club also leads the rest of the country in is jealous, angry, low lacrosse IQ parents that spout some of the most obnoxious statements, based on there Childs ability in sport that most of them have never played.

What exactly do yellow jackets have to be jealous of?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I go to bed wishing I lived in Manhasset. You forgot something besides the kids being really smart & the coach having the right connections the parents who live in Manhasset have 7 figure incomes & that says a lot when the Ivies dont offer athletic scholarships. I think that figures in your equation as well, just look at the Garden City kids and how many go to Ivy league schools. Us southshore kids dont stand a chance ever heard the expression white trash?
Don't consider yourself white trash just because you live on the south shore. Legacy does play a part into getting into the Ivies, as does economic ability, but what seems to get lost, especially to you Y.J. parents, is that S.A.T. scores and high school transcripts are the determining factor. As far as C.R. contacts to those schools, I'll let her record as posted on your beloved commit list speak for itself. As far as Liberty being a "lesser" club than Yellow Jackets, thaat may be true. What your club also leads the rest of the country in is jealous, angry, low lacrosse IQ parents that spout some of the most obnoxious statements, based on there Childs ability in sport that most of them have never played.

That's so typical of a liberty [lacrosse] parent thinking that the reason not a lot of YJ players go Ivy is SAT scores and transcripts not being up to their kids standards. Many reasons as stated previously not the least of which is not going to school with kids that have the same attitude as their snobby parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would anyone want to be stuck on a desert island with YJ parents? Don't get me wrong the ability level of the kids on the top teams is great however most of the parents are some of the worst in the sport and humanity! Problem is none of you care as long as your kid commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's so typical of a liberty [lacrosse] parent thinking that the reason not a lot of YJ players go Ivy is SAT scores and transcripts not being up to their kids standards. Many reasons as stated previously not the least of which is not going to school with kids that have the same attitude as their snobby parent.

It does not help CR when kids want to go to an Ivy. It does not look good for YJ's because it takes longer for the Ivy's to commit. Need those early commits to keep the crazy parents drinking the cool aid.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah because duke uva hop gtown are void of pompous people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Nation, do not get sucked into this rat hole. The agenda is simple, find some area of perceived weakness with the program to put it down. As for the discussion at hand, it is ridiculous. Going to an Ivy League school is great, I went to one, but it is far from an educational benchmark. Depending on the poll, there are numerous schools ahead of some of the ancient eight. Stanford, Duke, MIT, CIT, Hopkins, Northwestern and Washington U. in St. Louis. That is just national schools and does not factor in liberal arts schools like Williams, Amherst, Swathmore, Bowdoin and Middlebury. You are also completely ignoring the field of study. Depending on the major, you could list dozens of schools that are better than many of the ivy schools in that area. Let's talk admissions at the Ivy schools. legacy applicants have a huge advantage. Harvard admits approx. 15-20% of undergrads that are direct children of an alumni. If you expand the definition to other family members the number can get as high as 30%. The answer is simple, money. Alumni donate time and money to the school. There kids will too. This is a powerful draw during the admissions process. Sticking with Harvard as the example, nearly 50% of their undergrads come from families making over $200k per year or the top 4% of households. There is also data that shows the richest 20% are eight times more likely to send their kids to an elite school than the bottom 20%. As for grades and SAT scores, as long as the coach wants your kid, their standard for admission is lower than a non-student athlete. You do not have to compete against the "normal" applicant. I fit that description when I went to school. More than half of the men's lacrosse team had no business at that school academically. So to YJ parents, be proud of your girls no matter where they go to school!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah because duke uva hop gtown are void of pompous people.
For every kid going to the schools above, the YJ's are also sending kids to bottom teams like Mt. St. Mary's Stetson Coastal Caro.LIU Brooklyn Saint Francis St. Bonaventure Presbyterian Howard Kennesaw St. Delaware St.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Nation, do not get sucked into this rat hole. The agenda is simple, find some area of perceived weakness with the program to put it down. As for the discussion at hand, it is ridiculous. Going to an Ivy League school is great, I went to one, but it is far from an educational benchmark. Depending on the poll, there are numerous schools ahead of some of the ancient eight. Stanford, Duke, MIT, CIT, Hopkins, Northwestern and Washington U. in St. Louis. That is just national schools and does not factor in liberal arts schools like Williams, Amherst, Swathmore, Bowdoin and Middlebury. You are also completely ignoring the field of study. Depending on the major, you could list dozens of schools that are better than many of the ivy schools in that area. Let's talk admissions at the Ivy schools. legacy applicants have a huge advantage. Harvard admits approx. 15-20% of undergrads that are direct children of an alumni. If you expand the definition to other family members the number can get as high as 30%. The answer is simple, money. Alumni donate time and money to the school. There kids will too. This is a powerful draw during the admissions process. Sticking with Harvard as the example, nearly 50% of their undergrads come from families making over $200k per year or the top 4% of households. There is also data that shows the richest 20% are eight times more likely to send their kids to an elite school than the bottom 20%. As for grades and SAT scores, as long as the coach wants your kid, their standard for admission is lower than a non-student athlete. You do not have to compete against the "normal" applicant. I fit that description when I went to school. More than half of the men's lacrosse team had no business at that school academically. So to YJ parents, be proud of your girls no matter where they go to school!!!

Be proud of whatever school CR tells you to go to!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely, 10 of the current 28 players listed on Harvard's women's lacrosse roster have a legacy connection (approx 35%).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game over, nice job. Only issue is it was written by an Ivy guy, lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

An Ivy League grad who still cannot utilize proper grammar. "Their kids" not "There kids". Good grief.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

An Ivy League grad who still cannot utilize proper grammar. "Their kids" not "There kids". Good grief.

Only one typo on an I-phone with no spell or grammar check for that was actually very good. Again, find something to criticize rather than take the facts and find the positive. It will not work, go YJ!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"who cannot", not "who still cannot"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what club sends more to Ivy's? Liberty

The funny thing is we all just accepted this statement to be true, as I look at it seems no long island club sends more players to the Ivy league than YJ and this poster was just ignorant. Former YJ players currently at Ivies is around 12, former Liberty currently at Ivies is around 7. So seems not only is your club on the decline but was never quite the only club sending kids to the Ivy league.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
He did admit he was one of the folks who got in with grades lower than the standard. smile

It is a good analysis. Legacy candidates do make up quite a bit of many schools admission process. Ironically Harvard is trying to publicly move away from it (at least publicly. As the Congressman Michael Myers famously stated "Money talks, BS walks!)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The funny thing is we all just accepted this statement to be true, as I look at it seems no long island club sends more players to the Ivy league than YJ and this poster was just ignorant. Former YJ players currently at Ivies is around 12, former Liberty currently at Ivies is around 7. So seems not only is your club on the decline but was never quite the only club sending kids to the Ivy league.

As a percentage of total players sent Liberty wins hands down and the gap will only widen as the greed continues and the new age groups have 5, 6, 7 8 teams! So much for "elite" and "select" players that they talk about on their website. everyone makes it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a percentage of total players sent Liberty wins hands down and the gap will only widen as the greed continues and the new age groups have 5, 6, 7 8 teams! So much for "elite" and "select" players that they talk about on their website. everyone makes it!

Probably a club out there that sent one kid to D1 and it was an Ivy, what's your point? Kids go where they want to go for a variety of reasons. Who's more likely to be pushing the early commitment? CR or, MOM and Dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously you should not even mention the caliber of players, your Liberty teams are not even remotely in the conversation when talking about A level clubs, the 2015 team was okay, the 2016 was below average, and younger than that it just gets worse.Time for DG to pack it up .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you pqrents are such bone headed losers , I just can't take it some times. Judging girls and their choice of college. You expose your self when you criticize these girls. Do any of you relize how difficult it is to get into any D1 program. Even with 106 schools, each taking 10 a year thats only 1060 kids. In New [lacrosse] alone there are 361 varsity programs, thats 8664 girls if you averaged each team with 24 players. No matter where they commit to, be it Harvard or Howard, it's hard to do. No one said every Ivey accepts only the highest SAT, or that legacies don't enter the equation. Just that on average Liberty sends more as per capita per club. As far as Y.J. hqving better playerss, here's a little math for you,

2015 year
Y.J. had 3 teams,
Lib had 2,
T.G . had 2
lets average 22 kids per team thats 66, 44,& 44
Y.J. has 53 commits thats 86% (very good)
Liberty has 19 43% (not bad)
T.G. has 35 79% (plvery good also)
Thats 107 girls from these 3 clubs, out of 930 commits total from D1, 2,&3 thats 11.5 percent. Not bad at all lets just thank all 3 directors cor their help and call it a day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Howard has a lacrosse program? Is it sponsored by fl$?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else thinking hgh to get their kids height up earlier to be the first 7th grade recruit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else thinking hgh to get their kids height up earlier to be the first 7th grade recruit?

Hold them back a year in school to

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you pqrents are such bone headed losers , I just can't take it some times. Judging girls and their choice of college. You expose your self when you criticize these girls. Do any of you relize how difficult it is to get into any D1 program. Even with 106 schools, each taking 10 a year thats only 1060 kids. In New [lacrosse] alone there are 361 varsity programs, thats 8664 girls if you averaged each team with 24 players. No matter where they commit to, be it Harvard or Howard, it's hard to do. No one said every Ivey accepts only the highest SAT, or that legacies don't enter the equation. Just that on average Liberty sends more as per capita per club. As far as Y.J. hqving better playerss, here's a little math for you,

2015 year
Y.J. had 3 teams,
Lib had 2,
T.G . had 2
Thats 107 girls from these 3 clubs, out of 930 commits total from D1, 2,&3 thats 11.5 percent. Not bad at all lets just thank all 3 directors cor their help and call it a day

Good Post!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2015 year
Y.J. had 3 teams,
Lib had 2,
T.G . had 2

Good Post!

Completely agree. The who is better than who argument just gets old after a while. Hopefully those 107 girls get to enjoy their college experience playing lacrosse at the next level and more importantly enjoying college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2015 year
Y.J. had 3 teams,
Lib had 2,
T.G . had 2

Good Post!

Completely agree. The who is better than who argument just gets old after a while. Hopefully those 107 girls get to enjoy their college experience playing lacrosse at the next level and more importantly enjoying college.

Also agree 100%! I'm a TG parent, but love to hear how well the girls are doing from all over Long Island!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many "optional" tournaments are you doing this fall before teams are selected?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many "optional" tournaments are you doing this fall before teams are selected?

What's optional? You have to play all of them, you must keep feeding the cr machine, not to mention these are your tryouts, don't you understand that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now not only do you have to play Winter and Fall in addition to the spring, you now have to book your families vacation on CR's cruise in February in order to make the Blue team. What a racket, get you Lax players families pay for your and your coaching staff's cruise. For the 5-7 grand the cruise will cost your family of 4, you get a party that your daughter can hang out with
Their coach and parents can take turns buying drinks for the coaches and directors to better kids their butts and get their kid special treatment. Pathetic! This tops them all!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's optional? You have to play all of them, you must keep feeding the cr machine, not to mention these are your tryouts, don't you understand that?

You folks need some new material, same old blah, blah, blah...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now not only do you have to play Winter and Fall in addition to the spring, you now have to book your families vacation on CR's cruise in February in order to make the Blue team. What a racket, get you Lax players families pay for your and your coaching staff's cruise. For the 5-7 grand the cruise will cost your family of 4, you get a party that your daughter can hang out with
Their coach and parents can take turns buying drinks for the coaches and directors to better kids their butts and get their kid special treatment. Pathetic! This tops them all!!!!!

Are you serious about the cruise? That is a joke - correct?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious about the cruise? That is a joke - correct?

No joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like CR. Teach your girls thug ball on the field, steal their money off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are YOU going?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are YOU going?

Of course we are going, I am actually using my kid's college savings. It should be fun, hanging out on vacation with the same people that I feel uncomfortable standing next to on the sidelines because we all talk behind each others back. She won't need money for college if she makes the blue team. 97% of girls on blue get a full scholarship. CR told me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love this idea! What you don't know is that she does a cruise every year and because of the closeness of most yellow yackets I'm sure she just wanted to open it up to the yellow jacket family. Say whatever you want, if
You're not happy with yjs leave. Denver was a blast and next week's luau will be a blast. The majority have a great time together. The group rate is pretty good for a February break vacation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are YOU going?

Of course we are going, I am actually using my kid's college savings. It should be fun, hanging out on vacation with the same people that I feel uncomfortable standing next to on the sidelines because we all talk behind each others back. She won't need money for college if she makes the blue team. 97% of girls on blue get a full scholarship. CR told me.

You obviously are not a yj becAuse CR never promises or guarantees anything as far as college. Work hard and you will get noticed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are YOU going?

Of course we are going, I am actually using my kid's college savings. It should be fun, hanging out on vacation with the same people that I feel uncomfortable standing next to on the sidelines because we all talk behind each ohers back. She won't need money for college if she makes the blue team. 97% of girls on blue get a full scholarship. CR told me.

Maybe you should stay home and do a TG camp, clinic, winter league etc. Oh wait, I forgot, TG doesn't do anything in the winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Now not only do you have to play Winter and Fall in addition to the spring, you now have to book your families vacation on CR's cruise in February in order to make the Blue team. What a racket, get you Lax players families pay for your and your coaching staff's cruise. For the 5-7 grand the cruise will cost your family of 4, you get a party that your daughter can hang out with

I love this idea! What you don't know is that she does a cruise every year and because of the closeness of most yellow yackets I'm sure she just wanted to open it up to the yellow jacket family. Say whatever you want, if
You're not happy with yjs leave. Denver was a blast and next week's luau will be a blast. The majority have a great time together. The group rate is pretty good for a February break vacation.

You may need to get your lips surgically removed from CRs butt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are YOU going?

You obviously are not a yj becAuse CR never promises or guarantees anything as far as college. Work hard and you will get noticed.

It was sarcasm. Duh! You really think someone would want to be on a cruise with people who they feel uncomfortable around??

Like Reply Quote
Page 163 of 327 1 2 161 162 163 164 165 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard