BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 144 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That does not mean the kids are coming out strong academically. I am stating what I have seen from experience. Of course the kids fron St. A are all going to college, the question is, where are they going? Lets compare the Ivy acceptance to top publics like GC, Syosset, 3V, Manhasset, Commack, Jericho, etc. You might be surprised! Keep wasting your money unless you are from a poor-performing district, you are crazy

Don't label it a waste of money or call parents crazy for choosing to send their kid to a Catholic school even though they may live in a top school district. The decision is a personal one for each family and is typically based on much more than lacrosse. It is fine that you have made another choice for your son....but you sound ignorant (not to mention anti-Catholic) when you post such comments. Everyone makes their own choices and you don't get to judge how others raise their kids. Maybe now we can get back to Express....

I'm not anti catholic but I do find it ironic that a school that is supposed to be teaching values has to expel kids for racially insensitive behavior ( article in Newsday). That would not happen at my son's school

You are correct. The kids would not have been expelled at a public school.

But it didn't happen in public, it happened at St. As!

Let it go, guy. We get it. You hate Catholic high schools and think they are a complete waste of money supported only by crazy parents. Public schools are a superior option in your view. Are you happy now or would you like to engage in more Catholic bashing before returning to a discussion of lax?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And St. Anthonys took care of it. Are you saying that St. Anthonys should not have expelled these kids? Or that they should have filtered them out before accepting them into school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That does not mean the kids are coming out strong academically. I am stating what I have seen from experience. Of course the kids fron St. A are all going to college, the question is, where are they going? Lets compare the Ivy acceptance to top publics like GC, Syosset, 3V, Manhasset, Commack, Jericho, etc. You might be surprised! Keep wasting your money unless you are from a poor-performing district, you are crazy

Don't label it a waste of money or call parents crazy for choosing to send their kid to a Catholic school even though they may live in a top school district. The decision is a personal one for each family and is typically based on much more than lacrosse. It is fine that you have made another choice for your son....but you sound ignorant (not to mention anti-Catholic) when you post such comments. Everyone makes their own choices and you don't get to judge how others raise their kids. Maybe now we can get back to Express....

I'm not anti catholic but I do find it ironic that a school that is supposed to be teaching values has to expel kids for racially insensitive behavior ( article in Newsday). That would not happen at my son's school

But it didn't happen in public, it happened at St. As! [/quote
]
I find it ironic that you EXPRESS such contempt for those of us who choose to pursue a catholic education for our children and Saint Anthony's in particular and yet you choose to have your son play lacrosse in a program run by coaches from Saint Anthony's whose rosters are filled with current and future Saint Anthony's students. Nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That does not mean the kids are coming out strong academically. I am stating what I have seen from experience. Of course the kids fron St. A are all going to college, the question is, where are they going? Lets compare the Ivy acceptance to top publics like GC, Syosset, 3V, Manhasset, Commack, Jericho, etc. You might be surprised! Keep wasting your money unless you are from a poor-performing district, you are crazy

]
I find it ironic that you EXPRESS such contempt for those of us who choose to pursue a catholic education for our children and Saint Anthony's in particular and yet you choose to have your son play lacrosse in a program run by coaches from Saint Anthony's whose rosters are filled with current and future Saint Anthony's students. Nice.

I only had to defend the publics after a previous poster claimed the the public "teach down"? Completely untrue. The great public schools are much better academically with lon lists of AP scholars attending presidio us universities. Also the character piece is lacking. Do you really think the article in Newsday is the only incident? I know of several other incidents that show st. A's kids not acting morally in school sponsored events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many st a 2017s are committed and to where? If we want to get back to lax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take your nasty, conclusory comments elsewhere. This is a lacrosse forum not a forum about the merits of religious education!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

kids can get a great education and St A's and Cham
kids can get a great education at a public school
kids get in trouble at ST. A's and Chaminade
kids get in trouble high at public schools
kids can have a good or bad experience playing lax at ST. A's and Chaminade
kids can have a good or bad experience playing lax at public schools

Kids are kids - some float by and some make the most of it, I would venture to guess that the very successful student athletes at St A's and Cham would also be very successful at their own public HS and visa versa.

Parochials have one big advantages over publics, they do not have to keep a problem child in school and the publics do.

The big wild card is the religious aspect and if the child (not the parent) is going to benefit from learning in a more structured and spiritual environment then more power to them.

But from my experience with kids from my town that pass up the public education - they drink, curse, smoke and screw at the same rate as the public school kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

kids can get a great education and St A's and Cham
kids can get a great education at a public school
kids get in trouble at ST. A's and Chaminade
kids get in trouble high at public schools
kids can have a good or bad experience playing lax at ST. A's and Chaminade
kids can have a good or bad experience playing lax at public schools

Kids are kids - some float by and some make the most of it, I would venture to guess that the very successful student athletes at St A's and Cham would also be very successful at their own public HS and visa versa.

Parochials have one big advantages over publics, they do not have to keep a problem child in school and the publics do.

The big wild card is the religious aspect and if the child (not the parent) is going to benefit from learning in a more structured and spiritual environment then more power to them.

But from my experience with kids from my town that pass up the public education - they drink, curse, smoke and screw at the same rate as the public school kids

You were making arguable sense until that last paragraph........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sending my kids to Catholic school. Not for lacrosse, but they play. So can we end this silly comparison. It is clear that a lot of today's exposure is done at the showcase events. So it doesn't matter where you play as long as you are a team that gets into these high level showcases. Adrenaline, NXT, Maverick, etc.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sending my kids to Catholic school. Not for lacrosse, but they play. So can we end this silly comparison. It is clear that a lot of today's exposure is done at the showcase events. So it doesn't matter where you play as long as you are a team that gets into these high level showcases. Adrenaline, NXT, Maverick, etc.

Unfortunately, st Anthony kids were not either at, or not top performers while at said events, other organizations/schools faired much better (check inside lacrosse). So I don't get your point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, st Anthony kids were not either at, or not top performers while at said events, other organizations/schools faired much better (check inside lacrosse). So I don't get your point.

Point is it doesn't make a difference where you go. Just stop the school bashing comparison.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
after reading the last few pages I have decided to home school and teach him solitaire lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a St A's parent, but did you happen to notice this years Varsity team had 18 D1 recruits on it? With at least one or more Ivies on the list. I think all is fine there. Give it a rest. I think the kids made out just fine for themselves, don't you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

I only had to defend the publics after a previous poster claimed the the public "teach down"? Completely untrue. The great public schools are much better academically with lon lists of AP scholars attending presidio us universities. Also the character piece is lacking. Do you really think the article in Newsday is the only incident? I know of several other incidents that show st. A's kids not acting morally in school sponsored events.

You are an idiot! You can find kids not acting "morally" from every public or private school. Public will not make Newsday though. And i would love to see the "long" list of public schools that are acedemicly better than Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! This is where the recruiting process has shifted to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None?
Not True they have a few commits so far

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None?

LIE CLASS OF 2017 COMMITTED

James Avanzato - 2017 Maryland - Sachem North
Lucas Capobianco-Hogan - 2017 Johns Hopkins - Mt. Sinai
Steven Cuccurullo - 2017 Harvard - Smithtown East
Connor DeSimone - 2017 Johns Hopkins - Smithtown East
Jack Keogh - 2017 Johns Hopkins - Manhasset
Michael Latini - 2017 Fairfield - Smithtown East
Terrence Mooney - 2017 UPENN - St. Anthony's
Steven Schneider - 2017 North Carolina - Manhasset
frankie Tangredi - 2017 Harvard - Chaminade
Ara Atayan - 2017 North Carolina - Bronxeville
Selden Leonard - 2017 Cornell - Choate
Uno Waite - 2017 Cornell - Deerfield
Matt Chmil - 2017 Duke - Chaminade
Tyler Senerchia - 2017 Bucknell - St. Anthony's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None?

suprised to see only 2 St Anthony's and 2 Chaminade kids on that list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None?

How about instead of 'surprised', congratulations or nice job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None?

your joking right? 14 rising sophomores committed before they enter 10th grade and "only" two are St, A's? list looks pretty impressive to me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
according to inside lacrosse - 22 2017's have committed from LI - 14 Express and 2 St A's. pretty impressive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None?

your joking right? 14 rising sophomores committed before they enter 10th grade and "only" two are St, A's? list looks pretty impressive to me

Congratulations to the Chaminade kid who repeated 8th grade.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrtas to the Deerfield kid who should be goingbinto senior year....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the colleges don't care, why should the kids or their parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None?

How about instead of 'surprised', congratulations or nice job.

EXACTLY!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about it's nobody's business what somebody does with their kid. No rules are being broken. And if it helps a kid get into his dream college of choice, that's awesome for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more. And it is a very impressive list. Plus I think one or two were left off. Congrats to all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more. And it is a very impressive list. Plus I think one or two were left off. Congrats to all!

Where is the list of the express players from? Is it posted online somewhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations to the Chaminade kid who repeated 8th grade.....

not sure which one he is or if it is even true but yes congratulations is in order he is going to Harvard or Duke, looks like a good decision to me, I am jealous for my kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I couldn't find it posted anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes on their website under Recent Commits link. It was also emailed out t

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like being on a good travel team is way more important than the HS you go to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More on the way! We are in a dark period, more after September 1st.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can kids commit during the dark period?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More on the way! We are in a dark period, more after September 1st.

Don't think so. Several commits today alone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? If this has to be explained to you then it can't be explained to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So 2017 Express tuiton is around 1800 this year but do you have to pay for tournaments as well, are they an extra fee?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is off of Norte dames website. Lists quiet and dead periods and explains them.....http://ncaacompliance.nd.edu/RecruitingCalendars.shtml#LacrosseM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like being on a good travel team is way more important than the HS you go to.

That appears to be the trend.

The strong link between the Catholics and St A's and
Chaminade has been weakening and will continue
To weaken going forward.

Like Reply Quote
Page 70 of 144 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard